This is a concept draft of a Caster UI mod made by a contributor after discussion with Swkoll and myself that is, EDIT: fortunately, now being worked on! The goal of the UI mod is to create a casting interface in the form of a UI mod that contains a complete suite of tools that can be plug-and-play for any potential caster for any 1v1 replay or live game. The goal of this post is to create a complete set of specifications for a Caster UI mod with the help of you, the community, so that we can determine the proper scope and the most relevant features of the project.
I will start off by posting my current set of specifications, but it's almost certainly incomplete and some features that I currently have may not be desirable, so please post and list your desired features/which current features aren't desirable. I will update this post to maintain a list of the most desired specifications.
Caster UI Mod Functionality Specifications
The majority of the features here is already encompassed in the concept draft.
- Current mass/e in storage for both players
- Current mass/e income for both players
- Current total mass for both players
- Current total mass reclaimed for both players
- Player factions
- Player names
- Player clan names
- Tourney title
- Tourney round of ?
- Tourney best of ?
- Current game score
- Highest land/air/naval tech level (shown by a progress bar % if it's upgrading)
- Total mass in land/air/navy
- Current ACU HP
- Current ACU upgrades
Additional information panels
In addition to the main view, there should be additional information panels you can pull up. I think there should be two main categories of additional information panels. One category should cover the screen and display information over the course of the game, and the other should be a small side panel which displays current information. These panels should be opened using hotkeys.
Real time match timeline (covers the majority of the screen). This should be a live scrolling graph with information over time.
- Match timeline (when players reach key objectives like first t2 land, t2 mex, t3 air, gun upgrade, etc.) [this can information be overlaid on any of the following graphs]
- Live income graph (similar to the graphs of mass/e at the end of the game in the score screen)
- Live mass income disparity graph
- Live energy income disparity graph
- Live net unit disparity mass
Side panels (brings up a small panel with additional information)
- Units lost (mass/e lost for each player)
- Current air breakdown* (intie/bomber/gunship/transport/asf/etc. numbers for both players, and total mass in air, kind of like UI party's ECOntrol interface)
- Current land breakdown (once again broken down by number of units for each unit type)
- Current navy breakdown
- Current structures breakdown (mex/factory count)
- Current economy (number of t3/t2/t1 mexes, pgens, etc. exactly like ECOntrol's interface but for both players)
- Total units lost (once again broken down by number of units for each unit type)
- Net spending (broken down by spending into Eco/Production/Units)
- Current production
- Current/average APM (I don't know if we can track this)
- Current/average CPM
*Do we want to list land/air/navy current units and units lost in one tab or break down each one into 3 categories? If it's just one tab it might become too information heavy in the late game when there are many unit types.
Additional camera control options
- Toggle semi-free cam (keep casting interface)
- Toggle free cam (remove all UI)
- Toggle slow acceleration based camera movement (smooth scrolling)
- More cinematic camera features
- Hero units (most units or mass killed by individual units - if you click it you go to the unit)
- Show energy reclaim of map
- Show mass reclaimed per engineer
- Average mass reclaimed per engineer OR
- Engineer efficiency ratio (total reclaimed gathered / total engineer time) [total engineer time increases by 1 for every second each engineer is alive, eg. if 5 engineers are alive simultaneously then it will increase by 5 every second]
- Eco efficiency ratio (total mass spent on economy / total mass produced by economy) [does not include reclaim]
- Hide player chat (in case some players get a bit... salty)
- Swap player colors (dunno if this is possible, mainly for when players choose very similar colors)
Last edited on 11/09/21.