Firey Explosions mod FAF

As we all know, Firey Explosions mod is a very classic mod for improving explosion effects, but it doesn't work properly on the latest FAF platforms anymore, so I spent a week updating some of its old code to make it adaptable to the latest versions of the FAF.
If you encounter any problems while playing the mod, please contact me and I will troubleshoot as much as I can.
If this violates anyone's rights, please contact me and I will remove it immediately.

Hello,everyone,and the newest version is here! I have tried to fix the bug in defaultexplosions.lua, and now it should work well.

Hello, I'm here, with another bug fix version! I spent some time fixing the files under \hook\lua\sim\units and now some of the more subtle explosion animations can be played correctly.

Another bug fixed version here. I have fixed some bug when you try to capture the structures while playing a campaign(such as FA.2)

It's been a while! The latest version is here, fixing an issue where some units might not spawn wreckage properly after death (like CZAR)
Firey Explosion Mod FAF.zip

Nice.

Installed it, but why is it categorized as a sim-mod and not ui-mod?

@ZBC Great. Thank you for fixing this mod. I've briefly tested, and so far so good.

@resin_smoker said in Firey Explosions mod FAF:

@nuggets Cause explosions are all sim side mate.

Was it always like this? I remember playing rks explosions years ago and that was ranked. So maybe there was just an exception for that mod

@nuggets If the mod uses ANY sim side code then it is termed as a SIM mod. Maybe there was an exception for this mod due to its acceptance and popularity.

@nuggets said in Firey Explosions mod FAF:

@resin_smoker said in Firey Explosions mod FAF:

@nuggets Cause explosions are all sim side mate.

Was it always like this? I remember playing rks explosions years ago and that was ranked. So maybe there was just an exception for that mod

That is a sim mod too. And it was flagged as ranked in the vault.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Now I have found a bug because of some old function in "Firey Explosion Mod FAF\hook\lua\defaultexplosions.lua", so that if you are playing campaign, the goal maybe not successfully appeared( such as Aeon 03:High Tide). So when you encounter any bugs, please delete this file.
I am trying to fix it, but it may takes a long time.

The latest version has been uploaded. Any testing and feedback is welcome!

@zbc thank you.

B01.jpg

A01.jpg

A02.gif

@ZBC Thank you very much! The tail flame of a nuclear bomb is amazing. However, some effects are exaggerated (such as overly coarse and large explosion maps when buildings explode, and some overly exaggerated tml smoke effects), and some effects (such as smoke, fire) are still best used by the steam original. Are there plans to continue optimizing and updating this mod? Visual improvements are always exciting

@zhanghm18
Thanks for your support! Because I'm not the real author of this mod, I won' t change any features of this mod (which may cause copyright infringement ) I only adapted it to the latest version game of FAF,without any effect, textures, or function changed(which would probably be blasphemy to a decade-old classic mod), that 's all.
One day if I have some idea and enough technical skills, I will make my own explosion mod,just as RK did.

@zbc Great. I'm looking forward to your work

@zbc Great project, thank you for your contribution.

@ZBC thanks. an error occurred during the decompressing process.

Wish we could use this ranked!

@zbc said in Firey Explosions mod FAF:

It's been a while! The latest version is here, fixing an issue where some units might not spawn wreckage properly after death (like CZAR)
Firey Explosion Mod FAF.7z

firey-explosion-mod-faf.jpg

@nomads Oddly enough, I'm also using one of the 7zip distributions (Nana zip) to package the files. May be questions of network caused the uploaded files to be corrupted. I will repackage and upload them.

@nomads Now please try it again.