Username rules updates

@ocelotfist After we've changed our usernames to "TheWeakie"-variants

Not active anymore.

@thewheelienoob Pussies

Ras Boi's save lives.

@noc said in Username rules updates:

Whats wrong with the word "faggot".

I say this as a member of the gay community so you can ban me for being homophobic as it legitimately defines me.

I will happily give passes to all of my good friends if they ask, for retard and faggot.

Unfortunately I don't have one for the N word, but we can surely outsource for that, right friends!?

(This is a joke, calm down pls)

@strydxr Nincompoop

@mostlostnoob said in Username rules updates:

@strydxr Nincompoop

Nuh uh! You're the Nincompoop!

I think the 3600 guy will quit Faf I can t let you do this to him!!!!!!

@judoka1972-noob said in Username rules updates:

I think the 3600 guy will quit Faf I can t let you do this to him!!!!!!

Won't someone think of the Polish!?

trash

Honestly if someone is getting mad about pixels on a screen they really shouldn't even be online if your bothered by what someone is writing or saying it's mostly your own problem even if they're words I wouldn't personally use.

Based of this I shall resort back to my old insults: your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

Ras Boi's save lives.

Hi guys

I think I have a good nickname for a whole year

I like how an inside joke between people who mostly play together has somehow triggered the mod team to make sweeping changes to restrict user agency. These particular renames affected literally no one outside the 1800+ community, who already know who everyone is. That is, unless there's been some surge of 800s ban evading by confounding mods with monthly renames - I doubt it.

Meanwhile, the thread to discuss this bizarre change is slowly filling with slurs, as if our ability to trust moderation wasn't already low enough.

I think all the constant renaming memes are cringe, and I like it when you guys are crushed under the boot of oppressive moderators. We haven't had any good forum drama for a while either, so these are good and necessary changes.

It seems clearly better to auto revert names in violation of the rules instead of forcing people to go into disgusting, anime-ridden places like discord to contact the moderation team. This would be an excellent use of development resources.

@thomashiatt This is the first time in ages a group of people have got together to change their names similarly. Idk how they are constant 🤔

I was about to become WeakieSnoog

I honestly think that once a year is a little overkill, let it be a month sure, even three month cycles, but a full year is too much.
If the main issue of name changing is really impersonation with malicious intent (very important detail!) and breaking rules, then just warn/ban all the offenders, enforce said rules, so that people won't be so eager to break them. Report system exists for a reason.

Not sure about forbidden symbols, that are "intentionally designed to be hard to read", as the rule itself just sounds like too much work, because with such things you want to be extremely specific and draw black and white lines that are clear to everyone.

The 6 month grace period is complete reasonable, with one detail - if the owner of the old name changed his mind wants it back before 6 month.

To answer your question: When renaming an account is required due to rule breaking, should the account be locked until the account owner contacts the moderation team, or should the account be reverted to the last used acceptable username?
Yes, that would be the most sensible decision, just make sure that the communication to the moderation is accessible even for the most basic technologically advanced people and the locked account message displays a call to action for contact.

This post is deleted!

Only a caster that doesn't interact with the community would ever fall for a name swap.

@giebmasse Nice clown mod team at it again might as well close faf while at it.