sera t3 subs have become op?

I don't know if and what changed about them but they now feel unbeatable, maybe i'm wrong but i remember that they used to lose to t2 sub and atlantis mass for mass. i tried now in sandbox and its not even close they shred both t2 and t4. I know sandbox is not the same as in game, but i always had the same feeling in game too. So did really something change about them or is my perception completly wrong?

It was mentioned before on the Discord by a few people. I think the idea was that the effective dps changed somehow even though the stats themselves weren't touched.

This post is deleted!

I think the Seraphim T3 sub hunter has been changed and is now much stronger than it was before and is now over powered.

I think most people don't know this so they don't take advantage of it (so far) which may explain why there aren't more comments about it.

When someone does take advantage of it though it ruins the game for their opponent.

Could the relevant person please reduce the sub hunter's strength to bring it back in line with all the other units.

@deribus said in sera t3 subs have become op?:

It already has been in FAF Develop: https://patchnotes.faforever.com/pages/balanceChanges.html

Ok who asked for t2 mongoose ghettos 😲

Balance team will do everything but give Stinger his buddy mechmarine image_2024-05-20_193958779.png

I think if you are thinking up off the wall unit abilities and interactions to spice up the game (like Mongooses firing in transports) it would be nice if you actually looked at the faction that has the least tactical options and unit diversity... Just saying

wait, sera sub hunters are getting buffed? effective dps is going to increase is it not?

Current: 290 dmg × 5 per salvo × fire rate of 0.25 = 362.5 dps
New: 380 dmg × 4 per salvo × fire rate of 0.22 = 334.4 dps

Possibly more important is that damage is spread across 4 torpedoes instead of 5, which means anti-torps can block more of the damage.

Also their own anti-torp fire rate is reduced by a third.

@endranii surely its a buddy mongoose next patch 😄

I think more people are taking advantage of the over powered T3 sub hunters now which is ruining more games. We shouldn't all be forced to go Seraphim for navy.

I'm not sure reducing the anti-torp by a third will be enough. At the moment packs of T3 sub hunters are invulnerable to other subs/ships that fire torpedoes. at them so they just crush a none seraphim navy.