This looks a little off - I whant to say something that too many people have already said

Hey everyone,

I'm feeling a bit concerned about the state of the FAF community lately. Take a look at the matchmaker queue—it seems a bit off most of the time.

db153f7c-393c-4b60-ba30-c03f8c783fd3-image.png

I understand that time zone differences contribute to the occasional emptiness in the matchmaker queue (which seems to be happening most of the time).

However, I strongly feel that there's more to it than just that. Many of us share a frustration with bureaucracy and anything that impedes the game's development using the source code. This obstacle is disheartening for both the community and the game's progress.

I really think that is what causes the development of FAF being more complex and in the end it ends up affecting the community.

Additionally, I believe there's significant room for improvement in the game lobby. Enhancements could foster a sense of community, encourage user interaction, and ultimately make the platform more engaging and welcoming.

For instance, I find the matchmaker GUI rather perplexing and intricate, which could be off-putting for newcomers. The "play" button seems somewhat obscured, rather than being prominently displayed at the center of attention in the game lobby. Additionally, there's a lack of straightforward ways for users to interact with each other within the lobby, hindering the ability to exchange messages and foster a sense of community.

Or maybe there are other factors that I'm not aware of, because this game is simply wonderful.

Is there a way we can contribute to the game's development or improve the lobby system? Let's brainstorm together.

what source code

I'm afraid I don't understand what problem you have identified

I think it's a bot.

I was curious what the "Play Forged Alliance Forever" that confuses everyone looked like. It does it indeed look very confusing and poorly designed.

Either wolfred means no one is queueing 1v1 mm and it is disapointing or we have poor UI design of our client 😐

Better to just say that in one or two lines

I can translate it for you guys because I'm really smart.

He is unhappy that nobody is playing matchmaker. He understands there are different time zones when more people are active. He doesn't like that corporate and legal things prevent the community from having the source code to the game to do more development on it. He thinks that not having this has hindered progress and growth of the community.

Men will do literally anything instead of going into the 1v1 queue

They will join a dual gap lobby

They will play speed chess

They will start a forum discussion in a language they don't even speak

They will join a forum discussion for a game they don't even play

I'd only do the last one. There is a small, but non-zero, chance of me playing speed chess, and an even smaller chance of me playing FAF.

Do u wanna play a bo15 thomas

Would have to be able to make a large amount of money. I think my prices are cheaper than Espi's though.

@thomashiatt you are a professional translator. Thanks bro.

I've revised my first message to ensure it's clearer for everyone. I hope this version is more understandable and effectively conveys my thoughts.

@wolfred said in This looks a little off - I whant to say something that too many people have already said:

Is there a way we can contribute to the game's development or improve the lobby system?

I am always looking forward to seeing people wanting to contribute to the FAF project to make it better for everyone.

If you are asking specifically about the lobby-system you can head over to the lobby FAF client GitHub repository, and you can start bringing in your ideas.

@wolfred said in This looks a little off - I whant to say something that too many people have already said:

occasional emptiness in the matchmaker queue

Usually, the prime time for match making starts around 15:00 UTC for a few hours - The queue for 3on3 is the most liked one, since it was introduced a few months ago.

Custom lobbies are most of the time populated with all kind of different maps to play. (NGL, gap is pretty popular)

I share your opinion about the match making GUI, that it probably would not hurt to refactor that part to make it even easier accessible. It is something I hear from time to time every few months.

This link shows all the open issues related to the FAF Client for the word "match". You can share your possible solution or thoughts on a raised issue/feature to start working on it or, when you are familiar with Java, even better, push a PR.