FAF isn't like it used to be.

Everyone played Gap maps on GPGnet too.

I'm not sure if it was better before when Gap of Rohan was prevalent?

Either way, why aren't you using the matchmaker if you don't want to host your own maps/play lobby sim?

3v3 is pure mapgen and fills reasonably fast.

@deletethis I play this all different maps and I do make map gens sometimes and no one ever joins. and even if i play mapgens its the same strategy of play for every1 no one plays their own way. its the same game play all the time

@thomashiatt totally understand that my friend. Its not like it used to be where people played different maps or play the way they want to play. its basically if don't play a certain way you loose. I have put 2k and 1k players in their place playing my own way many of times and no one ever expects strategies like mine and because of that it throws them off guard

@its_time_to_duel What rank are you playing at? I've been playing almost entirely TMM the past year and have had no issue with playing my own way (it's only occasionally a teammate gets annoyed) - that's been playing with/against people around the 700-1400 ratings.

As an example some games I'd be in a land slot yet not build a single tank; I've tried going for a T3 ACU and building a firebase in range of the enemy base. I've seen people make use of beetles in several games; have died to ghetto gunships, TML snipes, cloaked laser ACU, tele-SACU, etc.
While there may be a typical meta, there's still a lot of variety as people often do play their own way, and there's scope to play your own way.

Ultimately if you want to have fun by trying out unusual tactics you can. Your rank will be a bit lower than if you went of the optimal meta all the time but if your goal is to have fun rather than get the maximum possible rank there's no issue with that.

TMM also provides a large amount of map variety.

@maudlin27 I am a 400 rated player But thats fine because i dont care about my rating at all. I just play for the fun of the game I play all sorts of maps and a lot of people just don't join and its like people just wanna play maps that fill well i dont like gap or astro or pass or setons their just gay

@its_time_to_duel In that case I'd suggest TMM if you find it takes too long for a custom lobby you host to fill up and there are some people in the queue; at that rating you can pretty much do whatever you want (and ignore people who complain - sadly there'll always be some)

How can you complain about everyone playing Gap and Astro when they're 80% of what you play yourself?

@its_time_to_duel said in FAF isn't like it used to be.:

its basically if don't play a certain way you loose

It's just anecdotal but I have fond memories of a 4v4 game where I was in the back position and instead of going eco/tech I just decided to spam t1 bombers all game (and told the team so they would know).

Some of the best fun I had in a game and we did win.

So don't be afraid to experiment.

People need to play more Center Lake and less Land Bridge. It'll change your life.

Me when people play for fun and not the way I like it

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

Dm me on discord
Sent this in the wrong thread

Dood about to get sucked in by the sanctuary lol
Just to later realize that it's gonna be the same shit as in all RTS games.

No I going to tell him unethical ways of hooking up python to supcom

You won't have to worry about it anymore. The backlash I got the last few days was enough. I deleted FAF as of yesterday. I am tired of the harassment I get both in and out of game

@snoog Nah bro I was playing multiple maps before I left I couldn't stand playing Gap or Astro Anymore it was the same thing over and over again. People harassing me in and out of game was enough I cannot and will not stand for that crap no more

@ITS_TIME_TO_DUEL It's unfortunate that you've had such a bad gaming experience lately. Please report any harassment, so the moderators can take action. Hopefully, you'll give FAF another chance in the future.

You can host your own maps and foe people in the client, which prevents them from joining your game or PMing you.

@magge Do the moderators actually do something? Every time I try to report someone it never gets answered. The reason I stopped playing faf for almost six months was because of this Harassment I got last time

Due to the lack of manpower and the fact that we rely solely on volunteer work, we are unable to resolve every incoming report in a timely manner. However, we are aware of the most toxic players, and we do take action against them.

Unfortunately, we cannot please everyone, but I assure you that the moderator team makes daily efforts to purge the most toxic elements. Please note that we do not discuss the content of reports in public spaces— You have probably overlooked that the most reports from you were already resolved months ago, and you got an answer in the moderations-reports tab in the FAF client.

However, if you have experienced further personal harassment, please feel free to PM me with evidence, and I will investigate.

@magge Mutable markers would have fixed a lot of harassment. Muting in chat settings should also mute markers.