Are people interested in guides / FAQ about general stuff?

We all know there are a lot of guides out there. And I mean a lot. When looking through replays or just in general following the conversations on the FAF Discord it's noticeable that people either complain about the same thing (e.g. how to play air) or doing the same mistakes over and over again (e.g. going for t2 mexes in a 1v1 even though 30% of their t1 mexes are not even built yet).

So two simple questions:

• Afaik there are no guides for the airspot. Are ppl interested if I go over the concept of the airspot in a post or do most of you not care anyway or ask directly in the Discord like posting a replay instead of reading through it?
  • Should I start a FAQ-format where I just note the most popular mistakes (on each rating range) when going through replays or in general?
    e.g. "When do I move my ACU in a 1v1?"
    ~ "If there is a game-winning reclaim field or expansion after 1-2 facs, otherwise the moment you start stalling mass"
    (This is not a 100% precise answer, just an example to show what format I meant with that)

Genuine questions since my time is very limited this year. Also feel free to tell if you prefer a written FAQ or a video format.

A simple upvote for "yes" / downvote for "no" is enough.
Edit: Upvotes shouldn't primary mean "I support that idea" but rather "I'd watch/read through it for improvement"

[note for myself: 1 downvote (not shown cuz not enough reputation)]

My (personal) current to do:

• FAQ format
  • Air guide
  • More complex BO guide ("how to implement reclaim" etc.)
  • Bronze-GM series
  • FAQ Balance-forum

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

I like this idea. I've been watching some bronze to grandmasters series in starcraft and I wonder if a similar teaching technique could be applied. not a whole rating grind on a smurf account obviously, but maybe like a point of view style video series where you cover fundamentals and what to prioritize. so first video might cover unit counters like t1 arty vs t1 pd, etc. I know you just said air video but this is a random idea that will probably get a ton of views if someone does it

Actually sounds like fun, I mean on my desktop are still 1-2 unfinished projects lying around but Ima keep that in mind after being able to force myself to record smth lol

Please write the content in the wiki as forum and Discord posts get lost and are essentially not maintainable (nobody can edit your posts but you and moderators). Video formats are welcome on the FAForever Youtube channel

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Thanks for the offer Mr. Jip, that's a motivating one for sure! 🙂

Sladow wants to help the community as PT team lead??? Cringe!

Jk, didn't read alldat tho, glad for you, or sorry it happened

I volunteer for starting a Bronze to Grandmaster youtube series.

@sladow-noob said in Are people interested in guides / FAQ about general stuff?:

A simple upvote for "yes" / downvote for "no" is enough.

04b5fcd8-a440-4a76-9b0f-89b574217650-image.png

i tryed to collect all tutorials into one playlist (just so you can check what was done and what was not)
but i gave up already, still could find 312 videos xD (many of them are in Russian tho)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIwKk1Z5BqbwN9QgYjoY2YUvtpOgIeOlr

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

For the record, I downvoted the freeman dude because it's a month old account with zero games played and only trolls on the forums. He's not trying to seriously downvote your idea to make these guides.

@Sladow-Noob If you do make these guides and need help with an air micro section of air slot guide I'm happy to help if I'm around.

@exselsior Wait that's not the account of ETFreeman? Cuz that'd be the ~1600 ladderplayer which is also quite active on the FAF-Discord.

And thanks a lot for the offer! I'll definitely come back to that 😄

@zlo Ye I remembered that one but I'm pretty sure most of it is outdated xD That's why my idea was to keep it as short as I can with the FAQ-format

Forum name is tied to FAF name, so that would mean ETFreeman renamed to FreemanItsNotHe. Checking the replay vault will reveal this is not the case !

xDDDD I'm retarded, leave me alone!

Sladow just wanted to farm some forum rep

@freemanitsnothe skill issue tbh

@thewheelie ngl I was waiting for this comment xddd

Will u focus more on common mistakes on astro or gap? I would be happy to assist with my excellent expertise

Sry, Thunder is my expert for Astro

Sladooooooow please teach meeeeee 🐶