Commander Survival Kit (A new SIM Mod)

The First new Aeon Units are currently in Development.

Behemoth Experimental Habitat Walker

Aeon Experimental6.PNG

Shisa Experimental Assembly Walker:

Aeon Experimental2.PNG
Arrival Sequence:
Arrival Sequence.PNG
Both Walkers have an Arrival Drop Sequence if the Build Process is finished.
Or if they are spawned by the Unit Spawn Console.
How this Squence looks like will be presented later with an Demonstration Video.

Final Note:
Both Walkers will have different Abilites and have access to Enhancement Upgrades.
They are inspired by the Hierarchy Walkers from the Game Universe at War.

Hello everyone,
its time for an new Development Update.

5 New Units will be available in the next Early Access Update of CSK and CSK Units on GitHub soon.

UEF Tech 3 Guided Missile Destroyer
I have add some Texture and Model Improvements in the Ship. ๐Ÿ˜‰

5467f1b6-2bdd-45f6-b5e5-62394c7f5898-image.png
5b773f6f-92f7-435d-9863-6292ac5af9d1-image.png

UEF Tech 2 and 3 Maser Tanks
4639deb5-afc7-4a2a-a047-01ab506da5ec-image.png
These Tanks are inspired by the Maser Tanks from the Godzilla Universe.
Categorized as Anti Experimental Support Units.
They are able to Stun enemy Units with the additional Freezer Granade Launchers.
The Powerful Maser Cannons have an good Range and Damage Output as Well.
Originally Developed to save Cities and Civilians against Gaint Creatures, which have been Not Seen in the Game yet.

Stay tuned for more Updates
Best regards
CDRMV

They're looking great ๐Ÿ‘ , I don't often play mods but the work you've been producing is inspiring regardless

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip
Thanks Jip glad to hear you like it. ๐Ÿ™‚
Of course more is on the Horizon for this Project.
Personally I really looking forward to Integrate these new Units into the Mod soon:
Outposts, Bunkers and Fortresses for all Factions
The UEF Tech 3 Amphibious Assault Ship and the Tech 3 Aircraft Carrier.
And some other new Toys for all Factions. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hello everyone,

Its time for an new Development Update for this Mod.

4 new Units are now available in Early Acces on Github:

2 for the Aeon
2 for the UEF

They are included in this Mod:

Commander Survival Kit Units

Overview:

Aeon:

"Oberon" Tech 2 Bomber:
3c25f446-1be9-4673-9e21-85f2dcf368e9-image.png
This Bomber is actually the direct successor of the Aeon Tech 1 Bomber.
It drops 6 Bombs instead of just 1 and has more Health.

"Mysterian" Tech 3 Siege Tripod:
25aefcdc-3499-4b09-86b8-bd3b4b304824-image.png
As an Counter for the UEF Percival and Cybran Brick.
The Aeon are getting an Siege Tripod, which is armed with two powerful Laser Beam Cannons.
Next to of an strong Armor and an good amount of Health this Walker is Amphibious as well.

UEF:

"MC-100 Beamer" Tech 1 Maser Tank
06d70c64-7f6f-413e-9f25-68d59885990e-image.png
An small Maser Tank joins the UEF on Tech 1.

Samantha Clarke Class" Tech 3 Aircraft Carrier
7647181a-ed6f-4454-8d12-663eecbdf830-image.png

2c50664d-e10f-4eb6-b0e1-51874fcf5780-image.png

52f66053-3f20-40fc-8010-6f11919a1db7-image.png

60213e61-adbe-4790-9b4b-728ce7655a3e-image.png

This Aircraft Carrier is named on an well known UEF Commander, which dies during the Invasion of the Seraphim on Capella (Forged Alliance Intro Movie). The Carrier comes with an AA Missile System and some TMD's. One of the nice things to be mentioned in terms of the Details: Some Decorations can be found on the Flight Deck. These Decorations are Models from an Tech 1 Engineer or the UEF Aircrafts, which are buildable by this Carrier. This gives the Carrier an more better look instead of having an Empty Flight Deck. The Decorations are just Entities, which using the Model of these Units and are not playable Units itself. Jip has already informed me about the new Function for Carrier Units in FAF. He will help me out to introduce that to my Carriers in CSK soon. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best regards
CDRMV

@CDRMV

Hi CDRMV, mod is looking great! Are there any other tags you think I should exclude to prevent things from spawning in waves that shouldn't spawn?

I did add a setting to AI Wave Survival that allows players to limit how many T1-T3 Experimental Units spawn in waves from mods like Total Mayhem. The setting actually works with any Unit Pack, and it creates two lists of units per tech level. Units that cost more mass than vanilla units are added to the second list, which players can adjust the spawn rate of in settings. For example, any Tech 1 units that cost more than 400 mass would be put in the second list. Don't know if that setting will be useful with your up-coming mod.

And I am currently re-writing the Options for AI Wave Survival so that the mod can work with the Steam version of Supreme Commander and, possibly, LOUD. I was following how you have your options configured, and this appears to work. I had a question, does the "pref" value link to another file?

For example:
pref = 'Ref_PointsGenInt',

Is the 'Ref_PointsGenInt' another value containing a text description in a different file?

@Rama
Hey Rama,
first of all thanks for the Feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

I plan to Create a full List of the Tags before the new Version of the Commander Survival Kit arrives.
However the upcoming new Units will be included only in Commander Survival Kit: Units the official Standalone Unit Pack of this Project. This Unit Pack will be Released next to of the next Version of the Commander Survival Kit. All new Units will have new Tags as Well. So the List will include them as Well next to of the ones from the two Managers. What I can say is the Unit Pack will contains several new Units including new Experimentals. So I think the new Setting in your Mod will be useful for them too.

Regarding to the Lobby Options:
Loud has recently get an Integrated Custom Lobby Option Support, which is based on the Lobby Enhancement Mod 4.6. Steam requires the Installation of the Lobby Enhancement Mod 4.6 to get the new Lobby Options to Work. The SCD File is included in the Gamedata Folder on my GitHub Repository of the Commander Survival Kit or in the recent Download on Moddb.

Only the "Key" Value is called by the other Files in the Commander Survival Kit.
I simple use the SessionGetScenarioInfo() Function to get the Values.
As an Example:
In the lobbyoptions.lua:
key = 'RefPointsGenInt',

In the ReinforcementButtons.lua:
local ChoosedInterval = SessionGetScenarioInfo().Options.RefPointsGenInt

The pref Value is Not called/used by the Files in the Commander Survival Kit.
The Descriptions/Tooltips are defined in the two lobbyoptions.lua Files or in the CSKTooltips.lua

Hope that helps.

@cdrmv

I did get the Lobby Enhancement Mod from your Kit. It is kind of hard to track down, though I did find the original hosted site. You will want to update the install instructions, which says:

Copy and paste the gamedata folder here:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

Accept the Dialog to overrite it

This instructs people to over-write their entire gamedata folder, which would delete all the game files. The instructions should read:

Copy and paste the file "03_lobbyenhancement.scd" to the gamedata folder here:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/gamedata

You also instruct people to accidentally over-write their mod folder, when you mean to tell them to copy the folder Commander Survival Kit to the mods folder, so that should also be updated in a similar fashion.

@Rama

I don't know how you did it and what unpacking program you used but:

The mod is available on Moddb since many months and a similar installation Instruction is used on GitHub as well to get the Early Access of the Current Development Stage for the next Version. If that were the case, I would have already been informed by the people on Moddb or on my own Discord Server and changed the installation instructions accordingly.

The Overwrite of the Gamedata and Mod Folder doesn't delete any other Files or Folders, which are located in these two Folders. It just adds the Commander Survival Kit Folder or the .scd File to these two specific Folders. I use this Install Instruction personally several times and my other Folders and files are still available after doing this. Even other Mods are using a similar Install Instruction sometimes and didn't get any File Loses after that so far. This is mostly the Faster Way to Install a Mod instead of manually Copy and Paste them into these Folders.

Update:
I just tested it again myself to be Sure and it works exactly as I described in the Current installation instruction or above. All other files and folders still exist in these two Folders and have not been deleted by the Overwriting Process. However, I agree that there is a risk when using this method. So I will expand the installation instruction using the method Rama described above in his Post as an alternative Installation Instruction. If there are people who don't want to overwrite the two folders, they can follow the alternative Installation Instruction, which is mentioned above.

Hello everyone,

Its time for an new but small Development Update for this Mod.

"Centipedarix K-47", Experimental Defense Walker
278edf71-260c-44f7-bfa2-0ebebd59d4f5-image.png

0d730fe1-5243-4f4e-865b-db0f22e5f9bb-image.png

05b49fa0-2edf-4190-b069-2fafbe1a9a0e-image.png

6a36ce4e-31ca-475a-a1b4-ab7f0c1afea7-image.png

fb014ec2-a1c4-4558-bba4-66d32fe92706-image.png

The First new Cybran Experimental has been added and is now available in Early Access on Github. Like any other new Units for this Project this Unit will be included in Commmander Survival Kit Units (short CSK Units)

This Unit is actually an large Mechanical Centipede and categorized as an Experimental Defense Walker for the Cybrans.
Its Main Feature is the Enhancement Upgrade System, which adds additional Weapon Turrets and Abilities to this Unit.

Note:
The Cybrans will get other Centipedes on lower Techlevels soon as well.
They are currently in Development and will be added into CSK Units soon.
However these will not be the only new Cybran Units in this Project.
So we will see some more soon. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best regards
CDRMV

@cdrmv

This looks amazing, great work

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

That Cybran Centipede looks flippin' sick!
And the Aeon Tripod?! The Aircraft Carriers?
The Battlecruisers? Everything?!

Jesus, man! All of it looks amazing!

~ Stryker

( อกยฐ อœส– อกยฐ)

@comradestryker @Zeldafanboy
Thanks for the nice Feedback. ๐Ÿ™‚
Glad to hear you like them
Of course more is already on the Horizon. ๐Ÿ˜‰
So stay tuned for upcoming Updates.

Hello everyone,
Its time to present an new Interesting Ability:

The Jetpack

9b6690e8-fd8e-46f6-80ef-d67de25bd6f3-image.png

7fc097d8-eeb0-4e5d-b7c9-072ac4f8c795-image.png

92458b70-a997-4863-a3ff-2c496f68a7a1-image.png

abe5d4c9-7a56-49ec-8236-c4660be1d3ef-image.png

6093e89b-7ddf-484e-8c15-854630ecd1bd-image.png

304fa3aa-131e-47f2-bea2-7a5c65928f55-image.png

The idea of an Jetpack Ablity was long in my personal Archives over the years.
After some experiments I have develop an functional Jetpack Ability for the Game.

Here are the Details how this Works:
There are two Units the Bot and an Air Dummy.
The Bot has an Toggle Button which spawns the Air Dummy at the position of the Bot. The Bot will be attached automatically to the Air Dummy. The Air Dummy itself is an Air Unit, which works like an Air Transport and doesn't has an visible Model. After the Bot has been attached to the Air Dummy the Dummy will fly to the latest Move Location, which was given to the Bot. If the Dummy reaches the Target Location he will drop/unload the Bot. After that is done the Dummy will be fully deleted from the Game. The Bot itself is also still there in the Game and not deleted. This makes it eventually possible to add AI Support for this Ability but needs to be tested.
The Air Dummy itself is targetable by Anti Air and kills the attached Bot if he is destroyed. The attached Bot is able to fire on Ground Targets (If this has been set in the Blueprint File).
The Jetpack Ability is already available for testing on the Github Reporstity of the Commander Survival Kit and included in the Mod Commander Survival Kit Units. The UEF has get an modifed Tech 1 Mech Marine with an Jetpack to test this Ability in Action. Of course more Units with this interesting Ability will appear in the Mod soon for the UEF and for the Cybrans in Detail.

Stay tuned for more Updates ๐Ÿ˜‰
Best regards
CDRMV

Fantastic ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello everyone,
today I want to present you a new Toys for the Cybran.

"Death Stalker MK-12" - Tech 3 Armored Siege Walker

Basically an Mechanical Scorpion with an deadly Microwave Laser on its Tail. The additional Stun/EMP Blasters between the Claws are an excellent Support Weapon against enemy Land Units.

4c150857-69d2-484b-9198-5580de9f397f-image.png

91b66190-c46c-461b-b89b-7086fd080190-image.png

"King Stalker" Experimental Siege Walker
A larger Version of the Death Stalker as an Experimental.
This Scorpion has Access to Enhancement Upgrades and an improved Microwave Laser Beam. (This Unit is Currently in Development)

bd4ca805-d2d7-4a42-a59a-93699728a636-image.png

66399d96-ba45-41c5-ab9d-da14dba64092-image.png

Note:
This Scorption will not be the only one for the Cybrans.
You can expect an larger Version on Experimental as well.
The reveal of this Monster will coming soon so stay tuned for more Updates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best regards
CDRMV

Hello everyone,
its time for an new Development Update of this Project.

I want to present you 3 new Toys for the Cybrans.

"The Stinger Mark-1" Tech 3 Heavy Point Defense
Basically an Stationary Defense with an Scorpion Tail.
Armed with an Microwave Laser Beam
Status: Available in Early Access on GitHub (Commander Survival Kit: Units)
6556c6ac-819c-4374-b521-2af683e68788-image.png

"The Kings Stinger Mark-12" Experimental Point Defense
A large Stationary Defense which is armed with the Advanced Microwave Beam of the Experimental Scorpion. This Structure has Access to four Proton Cannon Turrets, which usually appear on the Megalith and 4 Airpads which are useful for Air Staging
Status: Available in Early Access on GitHub (Commander Survival Kit: Units)
5afd9e71-108f-4bef-b635-78b36d2e5951-image.png

Currently in Development
6b1ecba5-2542-4cfa-96e5-5b3ce3ab47a5-image.png

660f484e-8e07-4dce-be02-04a83cc044c2-image.png
The first two cyborgs for the Cybrans will become experimental units. This is the first cyborg based primarily on the Cybranasaurus Rex from Supreme Commander 2. However, with a design that fits the Design Style of Forged Alliance more. The design is rounded off with further details and additional features based on my concepts. This unit is currently in development and will be added in the upcoming Early Access Update for Commander Survival Kit Units.

Of course, we will also have some cyborgs in the lower tech levels available in the future.
Stay tuned for the Second Experimental Cyborg and for more updates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best regards
CDRMV

Hello everyone,
for anyone who likes Air Units with alot of Guns or a large Bomb I have something for you.
The UEF has gotten two new Air Units in this small Development Update, which are currently in their Testing Phase.

'Knockheed C140' - Tech 3 Advanced Strategic Bomber
This Air Unit is based on the Lockheed C130 and drop an Blu-3000 Heavy Napalm Bomb.
The Bomb is currently callable from the UEF Special Section of the Fire Support Manager in the Commander Survival Kit.
However its time to make this Weapon usable in the Game directly by an Unit.

7a15d60e-f2b7-4272-a44a-1878f35df202-image.png

'Knockheed A140' - Tech 3 Patrol Gunship
This Air Unit is based on the Lockheed A130 Gunship.
It is armed with 2 Gatling Guns and 2 Gauss Cannons on one of its Sides.
a53e0f44-5cc2-4279-8ab9-a3a6f6f9fb4c-image.png

Stay tuned for more Updates.
Best regards
CDRMV

Hello everyone,
its time for an new Development Update of this Project.

I want to present you 2 new Air Units for the Cybrans.
And ... well I think you will need an Gaint fly swatter to deal with them. ๐Ÿ˜‰
But see for yourself..

'Meganula MKI' - Tech 2 Advanced Gunship
A Dragonfly with an powerful Rapid Fire Proton Cannon on its Tail.
An additional EMP Laser Blaster is installed between the two Claws.
6d6a4511-1132-44d4-95d0-7a92f1eb78cb-image.png

7817c6d8-7975-49f8-bc7f-53b3863388ca-image.png

'Meganula MKII' - Tech 3 Advanced Gunship
An improved Dragonfly with an powerful Microwave Laser on its Tail
Several Nanite Missile Launchers and a Proton Cannon are installed on its Claws
e985e4d6-6a33-4092-bdb4-ab42f6ab090e-image.png

b941b468-d0fd-4ce8-87b2-691f037ea5fa-image.png

Both Units in an Squadron:
e8a58992-63ae-4b2d-a26d-e837941b170b-image.png
f73c20da-b519-44fa-ab31-0e1c6b13941f-image.png

Both Units will be included in Commander Survival Kit Units.
Since I'm on holiday over Christmas next week, you can expect further updates much more often.
So stay tuned for them. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Best regards
CDRMV

This is pretty awesome but I think you should do something to make them visually more different, perhaps even just making one significantly smaller than the other?