Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below)

Being in an incomprehensible mood and perhaps out of a desire to show off a little bit, as well as under the influence of thoughts about my relationship with Supreme Commander, I want to talk about the situation that has developed with FAF in recent days, and what led to this.

As you know, FAF has been under DDoS attacks for about two weeks now, and because of this, all of us who are addicted to this game cannot play Supreme Commander normally in the evenings.
If anyone has heard the recordings from discord, then he can probably assume that FAF is beeing ddosed by his “competitor” ru_faf or ru_sc.com. And yes, this is most likely true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y96q7TYVrEM

In conversations with some faf players, I see that not everyone clearly understands the reasons for this behavior of the creator of ru_faf, nucleus_genius. Many people think that the reason is Nucleus’s self-interest, as they heard a recording of his conversation that by killing FAF, Nucleus intends to lure players to his server and, along with them, donations from some of them.

Of course this won't happen, because... FAF has been developing for a very long time and through the efforts of the entire community (I mean, first of all, the active part of it, primarily the coders who make balance and mods, tournament organizers, streamers, etc.). All this is also tied to the personal relationships of many of them with each other, many years of friendship, chewing gum and love for Supreme Commander. FAF will not die, Nucle’s intentions are childishly naive. Talk about donations is also naive. I think Nucle understands this himself. Why does Mr. Nucleus Genius persist?

A year or more ago, Nucle was banned from FAF forever. For what? As Nucle himself said, he had an arguement with the moderator Rezy_noob. I don’t know the details and didn’t ask, maybe he verbally offended his mother, or maybe he hurt his pride, but in any case, the fact is this: Rezy banned Nucle FOREVER for arguing with him. To me, it looks like a person who was given little power in our small community used it for his own purposes in order to “put in his place” a plebeian, an ordinary mortal nucleus_genius, so that he would forever learn who the MODERATOR OH GREAT RESY NOOB is. He punished him cruelly, in short. Thus, Nucle was excluded from the community of the game that he loves and which, let me remind you, was created through the efforts of this entire community. Not only coders, moderators, organizers, streamers, but also active players, who were Nukl, are also (albeit to a lesser extent) an active part of it. In addition, he seemed to teach noobs and seemed to host streams (which I never watched). I think it’s the arbitrariness of an inadequate moderator who took offense and decided to show who’s in charge.

So, rivalry with FAF, war for donations, players - all this is nonsense. The main Nucle's goal is revenge. For an unfair ban. And I don't know if he tried to appeal it, but what he does is what any person with a sense of justice and self-respect would do.

All this will pass, the faf will continue to work, become more protected and the guys will continue to play again. But I liked the effect that nucle has done. He definitely made faf shake things up and suffer a little. Revenge as it is :))) The man didnt just disappear without a trace, but made remember him. Cool.

But what to do with nucleus?
Probably many will say that nothing needs to be done, with fixing faf, ru_faf will quietly die itself, or will remain a haven for those forever banned from faf. But is there really no one who would think that nobody should be expelled from faf permanently for quarrels, insults and other similar bullshit.
I believe that the only thing that deserves a permanent ban is cheating. Because cheaters are all fagots. But why for something else?
For most of us, gaming is associated with emotions, a sense of competition, competitive aggression, and often this results in insults and rage in the chat. But this is just to let off steam and smooth out the bitterness of defeat.
This happens to many, especially to me. (yes, in this part I kind of insidiously justify myself for sometimes burning and insulting allies and opponents) But this also happens to top players, streamers, who, it would seem, should be able to hold face. For example, in the last 1v1 tournament Yudi burned out on Turbo2 in the chat. It ended with a slight insult, but Yudi's rage was obvious. Even farmsletty sometimes jokingly (allegedly) calls his allies or enemies names. So what?

Resy_noob and nucle had a dispute, so what? Ban nucle forever? Who made this decision? I understand that you can be severely punished for insulting, but forever... Forever excluded from faf? Such a decision should not be made by one offended moderator. I absolutely understand all the actions of nucle. Someone, especially the non-russian part of the FAF, which is not aware of the story with rezy and nucle, believe that nucle is some kind of evil, selfish russian who is doing evil and wants to capture Supreme Commander, because he is evil in himself, but no, he was made that way by one moderator.

No, it wasn’t Nucle who asked me to write this post, it’s just that in a couple of minutes of communicating with him on discord about a month ago, I felt his resentment and thirst for revenge. And the effect that he has done have pushed me to write this post.
"Has my Supreme Commander been taken from me? I'll take it from you." Bravo Nucle, I liked it :))

It seems to me that we should be a little kinder, and also should be able to understand each other and our motives. Kindness will save this world, dont you think so?

PS: Rezy, die of cancer

Пребывая в непонятном настроении и возможно из желания немного поумничать, а также под воздействием мыслей о моих отношениях с суприм командером, хочу поговорить о сложившейся с фафом ситуации в последние дни, и что к этому привело.

Как вы знаете фаф уже около двух недель подвергается ддос атакам и из-за этого все мы, зависимые от этой игры, не можем нормально поиграть в суприм командер по вечерам.
Если кто слышал записи нуклеуса из дискорда, то он может наверняка предположить, что фаф ддосит его "конкурент" ru_faf или ru_sc.com. И да, это скорее всего так.

В разговорах с некоторыми игроками фафа, я вижу, что не все ясно понимают причины данного поведения создателя ru_fafa нуклеуса_джениуса. Многие думают, что причиной являются корысть нуклеуса, тк слышали запись его разговора о том, что убив фаф, нукл намеревается переманить игроков на свой сервер а в месте с ними и пожертвования некоторых из них.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y96q7TYVrEM

Конечно этого не будет, тк. фаф слишком долго создавался и усилиями всего сообщества (я имеюю ввиду прежде всего деятельной его части, в первою очередь кодеров, делающих баланс и моды, организаторов турниров, стримеров и тд). Все это к тому же завязано на личных отношениях многих из них между собой многолетней дружбе жвачке и любви к супримке. Фаф не загнется, намерения нукла по детски наивны. Разговоры про донаты тоже наивны. Думаю Нукл это сам понимает. Зачем же упорствует мистер нуклеус джениус?

Год назад или больше нукл был забанен на фафе навсегда. За что? Как сказал сам нукл - посрался с модером Рези_нубом. Я не знаю деталей и не спрашивал, может быть он мамку его словестно обидел, а может задел его самолюбие, но в любом случае факт таков: Рези забанил нукла НАВСЕГДА за то что тот поргугался с ним. Для меня это выглядит как то, что человек которому дана маленькая власть в нашем маленьком сообществе использовал ее в своих целях, чтобы "поставить на место" плебеея, обычного смертного нуклеуса джениуса, чтобы тот навсегда усвоил, кто такой МОДЕРАТОР О ВЕЛИКИЙ РЕЗИ НУБ. Жестко покарал в общем. Таким образом нукл был исключен из сообщества игры, которую любит и которое создавалось, я напомню, усилиями всего этого сообщества. Не только кодеры, модеры, организаторы, стримеры, но и активные игроки, которым был нукл, также являются (хоть и в меньшей степени) его деятельной частью. К тому же он вроде как обучал нубов и вроде как проводил стримы (которые я никогда не смотрел). Я считаю - произвол неадекватного модера, который словил обидку и решил показать кто тут главный.

Так вот, конкуренция фафу, война за донаты, игроков, - все это бред. Главная цель нукла - месть. За несправедливый бан. И я не знаю, пытался ли он обжаловать его, но то, что он делает, сделал бы любой человек, у которого есть чувство справедливости и самоуважения.

Все это пройдет, фаф продолжит работу, станет более защищенным и ребятки сново продолжут катать. Но мне понравился эффект, который произвел нукл. Он определенно заставил фаф встряхнуться и немного пострадать. Месть, как она есть :))) Человек не просто бесследно исчез, а заставил вспомнить о себе. круто.

Но что делать с нуклом?
Наверно многие скажут, что ничего делать не нужно, с починкой фафа, ru_faf сам по тихонечку умрет, либо останется пристанищем для навсегда забаненных на faf. Но неужели нет никого, кто считал бы, что нельзя иключать из фафа навсегда за ссору, оскорбления и прочую подобную фигню.
Я считаю, что единственная вещь, за которую нужно банить навсегда - за читерство. Потому что читеры все пидарасы. Но за другое то почему?
Для большинства из нас игра связана с эмоциями, чувством соперничества, сопернической агрессией и нередко это выливается в оскорбления и ярость в чате. Но это просто чтобы выпустить пар и сгладить горечь поражения.
Это происходит со многими, особенно со мной.(да, в этой части я как бы хитрожопо себя оправдываю за порой сгоревший пукан и оскорбление союзников и противников) Но происходит это также и с топовыми игроками, стримерами, которые, казалось бы, должны уметь держать лицо. Например, в последнем турнире Юди сгорер на Турбо2 в чатике. Все закончилось легким оскорблением, но ярость Юди была очевидна. Даже фармслетти иногда в шутку (якобы) обзывает союзников или противников. И что?

Рези нуб и нукл поругались, и что? Забанить нукла навсегда? А кто принял это решение? Я понимаю, можно жестко наказать за оскорбление, но навсегда... Навсегда исключить из фафа? Такое решение не должно приниматься одним обиженным модератором. Мне абсолютно понятны все действия нукла. Кто-то, особенно нерусская часть фафа, которая не в курсе истории с рези и нуклом, считают что это какой то злой корыстный русский творит зло и хочет захватить супримкомандер, потому что злой сам по себе,но нет, его таким сделал один модератор.

Нет, это не нукл попросил написать этот пост, просто за пару минут общения с ним в дискорде где-то месяц назад, я почувствовал его обиду и жажду мести. И эффект который он все-таки произвел, толкнул меня написать этот пост.
"У меня забрали суприм коммандер? Я заберу его у вас." Браво Нукл, мне понравилось :))

Мне кажется мы должны быть немножечко добрее, а также должны уметь понимать друг друга, наши мотивы. Доброта спасет этот мир, понимаете?
PS: Рези, сдохни от рака

Kindness will save this world, dont you think so?

Amazing

I partially agree and disagree.

No one likes to be insulted especially in the game where you come to spend some time with entertainment and chill. And then you call for a judgement. Judgement happens and the offender is being banned. You must follow the rules. This is whatterms of service is about btw.

The other side of the question: should moderation permaban people for insults. I think no. Of course there are lots of edge cases blah blah... But if it happened in stress situation I think there must be a place for redemption or something.

Third side. Being moderator is not that easy. Watching astro craters to witness whom insulted whom isn't pleasant time to spend for. Moderator may be annoyed and tired of this stuff which may lead to disrespect and anger. We are all humans here.

The solution? Talk, appeal and be respectful.

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@blackyps famous last words

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@azath0th said in Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below):

The other side of the question: should moderation permaban people for insults. I think no. Of course there are lots of edge cases blah blah... But if it happened in stress situation I think there must be a place for redemption or something.

We would not perma ban someone for insulting people. I assure you that was not the case in this situation.

If cheating and ruining the games you cheat in for everyone else is worthy of a perma ban, then why is DDOSing and fucking with the entire community not?

русский автоматический перевод ниже

@nasimka said in Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below):

This was such an idiotic thing to write. I was fine with what you were saying until this! After all of that talk about being reasonable! It immediately showed your insincerity and immaturity.

I don't think permanent bans should be handed out.
That being said, I think the toxic elements of a community really should be temporarily banned, whether they are cheating, or wishing cancer upon other gamers - until the day that they stop behaving in this way.

You, obviously, haven't gotten to this stage yet. It's worrying that you post as a 'reasonable' voice for nucleus_genius, but still wish cancer upon people. If you're the best behaviour from this camp, then thank goodness the worst are still banned.

If the day comes that you stop wishing cancer on people - or that nucleus_genius stops doing things like DDoS-ing to attack hundreds of people, to stop them from being able to enjoy their favourite game, then you should be welcomed back.
But it's very clear, right now, today, that neither you, nor nucleus_genius, has learned to behave like a responsible adult.
Right now, exactly now, you and nucleus_genius are wishing cancer and ruining games for others.

@azath0th said in Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below):

The other side of the question: should moderation permaban people for insults. I think no.

For general insults: 'you're an asshole' etc; I agree.
Wishing cancer on people... I'm less certain about.

DDoS-ing an entire community of gamers for selfish reasons? I'm pretty certain about that! (It's a shame it went that far - I'd have to see details of the appeals and games played, to know everything, in case it really was a 'last resort' - and compared to wishing cancer? Hmm...)

I’m sure a dude that is spending his own money just to gain utility out of making life harder for others is the type of dude that was a law abiding citizen the mods would ban for no reason.

I’m sure this was the best use of both his time and money with no other course of action viable when even bennis of all people manages to get their perm ban revoked.

I’m sure the best response as a community would now be to remove the dude’s punishment because he integer overflowed on chimp energy and broke the scales on what we’re willing to not put up with. We should also punish moderators for good measure. Surely this will have zero externalities in future ban scenarios.

My favorite part of this is that it seems you just took the word of the dude you allege is ddos’ing FAF at face value as though he has no reason to lie meanwhile you have nothing from any other party?

Not the first time this threat was used against FAF either, also with delusions of persecution, also by a Russian

I fully support!

I support this, we all play the game for fun, but why ban for insulting people, why don’t other games have this practice, and I completely agree that you should only ban for cheating and nothing else.

Resistance is known by banning everything that moves. It's even became a local meme in russian community. And funny thing is, the guys who was telling their stories was indicating that there were no reason put in the permaban notice. Like, if there is nothing in permaban note - then how a person can appeal to it (or at least know why he got banned)? And the modders say smg like: if he was permabanned, then there is should be a serious reason. THERE WERE NO REASON, just a crazy Resistnance likes to give permabans.

So, don't permaban ppl. Just ban for a week, weeks, month.

What conclusion did I come to from all of this? Since moderators don't want to solve problems, they will create them.

I totally agree about perma bans, sometimes I do want that some people get punished for toxic behavior, but even with all my anger at that point, I do not want them to be banned forever. There are some reasons for that, one of the main reasons is that faf has got a very low amount of active players. People who are toxic and insulting others are usually people that are addicted pretty much addicted to this game, thus very active in this game. Do not get me wrong, I think that they deserve to be punished, but perma is not the way it should be done. Also, I understand that moderators can not just beware of everything that happens in faf, however I know some examples when a certain player was not banned for the action that others got perma ban for.

For example, @SpikeyNoob remembers a guy with a nickname Honey_Sex, who officially was banned for his "offensive" nickname, but in reality in my opinion that is mostly because of his post on forum, which was also deleted, because the moderators found the post causing conflicts, even though the post was not offensive at all, just people commenting the post where causing conflicts. Why I think that the nickname issue was not the "real" reason for a perma ban? Cause I met so many people with nicknames more offensive than his. One of the biggest examples is Foley, who literally had a nickname with a meaning of "You suck my dick", namely "Usuq_Mydiq" I guess, do not remember. I personally do not find anything insulting when I say "sex", considering that he had a "honey_sex" which was not personal. There is also a person, who literally named themself "dick" (but in russian), and still online.

I also once was talking to the guy who was banned forever in faf, for a smurf account. He was not toxic at all, he shared his story with me. He said that he was not playing home, but in the computer club*. And his friend also did that, and they both got banned from faf for smurfing, cause moderators have thought that it is one person playing from 2 different accounts from 1 PC. He meant that moderators have not even listened to his explanation of that. I mean hardware ID is one of the best ways to find smurfs, but in this particular case 2 ppl were banned just because they do not have own PC. Not fair in my opinion.

Also I want to mention gapforever server, which was also created and consists of people who got perma ban on FAF. Mostly, they have been banned by Rezy, most of them are complaining particularly on one of the admins, who is also sometimes very insulting. The server was created without a hate of faf, it was just created so that people can play their favorite game. I personally have not suffered by non-fair ban in FAF, but some of my friends were, like Dmitry11, for instance once got a ban from Rezy for smurfing, just because the other guy trolled him and made a nickname Dmitry111. So actions and perma bans of moderators (mostly one of them) have caused that 2 more servers were created and one of them is very hateful and wants faf players to suffer a bit.

Generally, I agree that perma bans should exist for cheaters or ppl breaking lobbies, but not for insulting behaviour. There is even a function of muting someone in in-game chat. So I think that would have been way easier to add more functionality to mute toxic players, than implementing a new client because of the revenge of banned player.

*Computer club - a place in post-soviet countries, where u "subletting" a pc in an hourly rate and play video games.

Dude honey_sex dude was offered to change his nickname like 727262571636362 times, i was in voice when that happened, its not even perma ban.

Skill issue

@tomma said in Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below):

Dude honey_sex dude was offered to change his nickname like 727262571636362 times, i was in voice when that happened, its not even perma ban.

alt text

"You are banned from FAF forever". Ok it is not a perma ban, it is "forever" ban".

Do not consider him as the only reason for the post. He is just one small stone of the big dissatisfaction of perma bans in general. Specially I consider his ban related to his post on forum, not to his nickname, the reason on why I think was described in my previous post.

I support nucleus genius in case of ban because this is double-standardized moderation. There should be either ban for every toxic player (like one time sid (сид) reclaimed my acu → he should be permanent banned) or no permabans at all for all.

After checking all the players who responded on this topic, I came to the conclusion that most of the author supporters are Russians. What a plot

@eternal said in Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below):

After checking all the players who responded on this topic, I came to the conclusion that most of them are Russians. What a plot

I am not russian, why does that matter?

@XejiNord11 based on the reason in description i assume that he just need to contact moderator to get unbanned 😛

Regarding Nulceus, i do not know the details. But in case if he was perma banned only for insult i believe he could try to contact to other moderators. Have he tried to do that? Anyway if he is the one who DDOS FAF i feel no compassion towards him no matter the reason he was banned.

And as many already stated, in most cases permaban should be applied only for cheaters. One year ban is already quite hard measure.