Why would you have left FAF?

E storage adjacency buff and t3 mass fab rework (both impact optimal scaling depending on situation)

Honestly I don't think that's enough of a change for core gameplay mechanics.

I would say the older changes such as these effects core gameplay

E storage for overcharge
T1 to t2 mass fab
Engie mod
Creation of T3 maa

Thats all 7+ years old

T1 to T2 mass fab was even an FA change I think

The only change that has been mentioned that I think would count as actually having to relearn core gameplay is engy mod and that was more than 3 years ago. E storage and mass fab changes are relatively speaking so trivial that for anyone even remotely competent at the game it would take little to no effort at all to account for. And if you’re not somewhat competent they’re not big enough changes to matter whatsoever for you anyway.

@exselsior said in Why would you have left FAF?:

The only change that has been mentioned that I think would count as actually having to relearn core gameplay is engy mod and that was more than 3 years ago. E storage and mass fab changes are relatively speaking so trivial that for anyone even remotely competent at the game it would take little to no effort at all to account for. And if you’re not somewhat competent they’re not big enough changes to matter whatsoever for you anyway.

Not just more than 3, that was like 9 or 10 years ago (2013-2014)

@zappazapper said in Why would you have left FAF?:

I didn't really agree with the general ideology. It seems to me that the prevailing goal of those who are in a position to advise players on how to improve their game is to generate as many high-rated players as possible. I understand where this comes from - those players who have high ratings struggle to find games with other high-rated players, making the game less enjoyable for them.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a great experience when asking for help. May I ask whether it was a random guy on the FAF-forum, Discord or client or if it was an "official" trainer?
Cuz I'm honest, we trainers don't have a guide we have to follow. Each one of us has an individual teaching-style and different methodes. E.g. I do aim to bring people into the 1500+ rank, but that's not because I simply want them to be high ranked, but because I cannot say how deep I should explain e.g. the t1 stage in 1v1s so the player becomes roughly a 1200 ranked dude. However when someone is dm'ing me for training, I always give them a warning that my goal is to bring them into the higher bracket.
That's why we have more lower ranked trainers as well. E.g. if someone is a regular 1200 ranked trainer, he simply can't bring you up to 1800 or even 2000 as you mentioned. He can explain the stuff and bring you onto his level.

Overall if a trainer doesn't match your expectations, please don't hesitate to either ask in the training-channel where everyone can answer (normal "low" ranked users as well) or to look for a different trainer. It's not a shame to switch if their style doesn't fit you.

Thank you for your detailed explanation though, I'll keep it in mind when following the discussions on the Discord.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@zappazapper If you're just trying to get from 0 to 750 or 1k, I think my guide should get you there. It explains the things that I found surprising when I shifted from playing against the AI to playing against humans. The beginner parts of the guide are only a few pages long (parts 1-3).

If you read through the beginner part of the guide, and make an effort to learn how to spam t1 tanks for the first 10 minutes of a match, you can learn fundamentals like map control, scouting, and raiding, and you can get far enough into the match that you can do fun stuff like making t2 mexes or making a t2 air snipe, or however you want to play it.

For most people who are stuck at zero rating, they fall behind early in the match and then their opponents don't have to make smart choices, they can just do whatever and they will still win simply from inertia from having a big eco advantage.

hello
for me its 1 and only thing - toxicity

before faf i was playing (online) 1 roleplay game only, there was pvp too but it was all nice and shit , we didnt really rp much but just pvp between guilds and since players couldnt really change them once choosen so you were enemy for life there still was no toxic...
ofc this was not only game i played and 1 of others was supreme commander and that i was playing alone mostly and sometimes i did convice my wife to play with me ... now 1 day she told me she only played this with me cos she loves me but this game sucks for her but look there is FAF thing go there and leave me alone 😛 and so i did and im here 12+ years or so

my first experiences here was hard tho , every game i was insulted both ingame and after game while i was 800rating top with few games , there was none friendly , other noobs were just silent noobs or insulting me and others too,
i remember to this day that only 1 game someone actually helped me (and other noobs) and on gap map put pins for everyone what you should do on every position and after all this years it was just this one (and this little) that someone tried to help me without insult me
ofc im not innocent too here , i remember talk with my wife that i was unsure if thats ok but we was thinking its diffrent kind of game (RTS not RP) and mayby its how you play it and insults and shit is part of it as everyone do it ... so i started to be toxic too
now when i got higher and higher with rating less and less insults was going towards me (even when i did stupid shit) and now it basically stops (few of idiots that still do that i just avoid)

still being toxic seems like being part of faf community for me , even some casters feel free to insult some groups of players and rest of you support them or just stigmatize playing diffrent maps that you like (like gaps vs open maps war), there is also a lot of toxic even on this forum when sometimes asking for help or some answers turn up many ppl insulting you instead helping you ... thats stuff was unimaginable to me (and kind of still is)when i was playing my rp game

solution to this is very simple just add to ban list - swearing and insulting , force to behave - especially towards noobs cos im 100% sure at least half of them leave bc this , i did too many times left for some time ... cos you know i dont spend my times with idiots in rl why should i ingame but hell this game is so nice i come back so far

Nickname holds true. While also throwing amazing shade at this whole post lmao

lol not more than 10 mins and already proving my points

anyway im not going to talk here , i posted my opinion only , no point to talk to some ...

I'm sorry. I just find it absolutely hilarious that you are using a slur in your own nickname then proceed to speak about how toxicity bad. Then you say that you, yourself willingly decided that you are gonna be toxic PoS for no reason to other players in FAF.

Also, what's even better is that you wrote this post just 1 hour after insulting your own teammates multiple times in FAF games.
Like how the fuck do you want me to take your garbage post seriously when I'm painfully aware of multiple instances where you insulted others in games of FAF....

The fucking nerve of some people...

yea lol
insults again and over again and lies on top of it and all bc none can punish you or prolly none dont even want to discuss shit with you .. and still you dont see point there

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Literally today my friend.

Lib destroyed with facts and logic

Dw Rowan will handle the toxicity as he intented to do.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

This post is deleted!

Replays save chat messages in game btw

@sylph_ said in Why would you have left FAF?:

• with the UI (keybinding with commands like : "copy orders" or "select nearest onscreen idle MEX' -> 'upgrade structure" - are really good for building bases or scaling economy without spending much attention at crucial moments, not to mention the (far) more well-documented 'spread move' and 'set target priority' commands),
  • outside of a match (factory queue templates - so that pressing tab-leftclick makes a new factory spam a big, versatile combat army),
  • that don't require a large mental stack during a match (easy-to-remember build orders like: factory, 2power, 2MEX, 2power, 2MEX, 2power, factory - (a palindrome!) done before anything happens), and
  • habits that can make complicated-sounding issues really simple (like how I have 'select idle engineer' bound to tilde, so I can just spam "tilde -> alt+rightclick" around the map to sort out reclaim in seconds.)

I think what I'm saying is that there should be at least some tutorials that focus on this kind of stuff in addition to build orders and economics and tactics. I find APM to be my most scarce resource, and things like this would help me to just play faster. And yes, this info is out there for anybody to use, but it would really help if those who have more experience with this kind of stuff can curate a training regime to help guide lower-rated on how to use the key commands and templates properly and efficiently. I already know that I don't use either as much as I should, but I wish I knew how others were using them so that I don't waste my time using them incorrectly.