Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread

@waffelznoob said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

@sladow-noob restos fly lower than other gunships, if im not mistaken

All gunships (T1, T2 and T3) have an elevation of 10.
At least... according to the FAF database.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We all do know that the database is highly accurate though, Kappa :imfine:

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

Legit com, maser nano and gun or t3

Yay Cybran acu no longer insta loses to monkey com.

Almost everything in this patch is moving toward homogenization. Most of the navy and torp bomber stuff is good, but increasing vision range, lowering the variance of structure HP (although its good SAMs are getting nerfed they were crazy tanky for no reason), making the Cybran com tanky, reducing hoverbombing yet again, removing GC omni, lowering laser DPS... eh.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@zeldafanboy said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

Almost everything in this patch is moving toward homogenization. Most of the navy and torp bomber stuff is good, but increasing vision range, lowering the variance of structure HP (although its good SAMs are getting nerfed they were crazy tanky for no reason), making the Cybran com tanky, reducing hoverbombing yet again, removing GC omni, lowering laser DPS... eh.

Kinda feeling this way too. Feels like the factions are somewhat losing their uniqueness lately.

@snagglefox said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

@zeldafanboy said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

Kinda feeling this way too. Feels like the factions are somewhat losing their uniqueness lately.

Even though this isn't really constructive feedback, I pretty much agree.

I can't even really put my finger on why, cause all of the recent balance changes and the ones in beta right now are individually improvements or, at the worst, just kinda neutral.

Still, I weirdly miss the oppressiveness of the cybran frig and the aeon destro and I can already tell that I'll miss the strength of torps too.

I mean I honestly agree with the sentiment. It isn't just the uniqueness of the factions, but nerfing things that have strong powerspikes dulls the game as a whole. Some changes in beta (like decreasing the hp of mex/storage, mass cost of strats, and so on) hopefully counteract this effect by making the game a bit sharper. Hopefully in future balance patches we get to look more at creating greater factional differences where it really creates interesting gameplay (unlike mex hp differences) and perhaps new powerspikes.

well.

i, for one, had been complaining for years that the GC omni was pointless and pretty much the only function seemed to be to give the middle finger to cybran cloak coms.
no tears shed from me on that change.

laser change seems strange though. Are we meant to intuitively know that the laser on a com is now less strong than a monkeylord laser?

abf6b6db-1da9-435f-b57f-f59724795c98-image.png

You think the laser coming from that is about as strong as the laser coming from ACU chest?

yes?

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

The commander laser was already worse than the ML laser because it's on a shitty firing bone that constantly hits terrain or just doesn't fire on targets randomly

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Are we going to complain next that the beam on Uashavoh, Uttaushala, and Neptune does not deal the same damage?

@deletethis said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

Are we going to complain next that the beam on Uashavoh, Uttaushala, and Neptune does not deal the same damage?

Yes

Better example is billy nuke not being a nuke tbh

@SpikeyNoob Not sure where to post bugs we find in the beta, so I'll just post them here:

The upgrade sequence stealth -> nano -> ras on the cybran ACU bugs out the chest upgrade slot. Not only does the ras upgrade get automatically cancelled, you can't upgrade anything on the chest afterwards, not even cloak, and are stuck with nano forever.

here is a 90 sec sandbox replay demonstrating that: https://replay.faforever.com/20240464

@cheeseberry Thanks for this will look into it.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@ftxcommando

make it so

I'll be honest... I'm not a fan of the economy structure HP changes.

With the decrease to reclaim, which makes raiding parties more effective;
Then with the next changes on top of this - You'll lose your economy structures too easily,
then they leave so little reclaim.

It feels as if the factions are losing their uniqueness.
The HP difference for each faction's pgens or mexes is now practically meaningless.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@comradestryker said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

I'll be honest... I'm not a fan of the economy structure HP changes.

With the decrease to reclaim, which makes raiding parties more effective;
Then with the next changes on top of this - You'll lose your economy structures too easily,
then they leave so little reclaim.

It feels as if the factions are losing their uniqueness.
The HP difference for each faction's pgens or mexes is now practically meaningless.

~ Stryker

Tbf the hp diffs were already in some sense meaningless. Like maybe someone really good has at some point thought "oh the enemy is UEF, so I will now choose to not send a raiding party because their mex has more hp", but that has never occurred to me. Yes it obviously makes a pretty significant difference, but it felt still like it wasn't impacting practical decisionmaking very much.