Some good news about Team Matchmaking (TMM)

This will be a breath of fresh air for the FAF. I will be happy to popularize TMM on streams and treat possible bugs with understanding.

Currently I plan on every teamgame using full share.

Good news, time to search my own blood mate for 2v2's

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

soooooooo GW soonā„¢?

In the words of Mando,

"This is the way."

Great work guys. I hope a lot of underplayed maps get more played this way.

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

Is there already a draft for the Mappool? I suppose you @FtxCommando will be in charge of that as well?

Yes Iā€™m responsible for map pools.

will there still be a "global rating" outside of TMM, and if not how can "setons players" or the like keep on playing the maps they like with fair/balanced teams?

"We are NOT deleting your global rating. Custom games will continue to function exactly as they do now (provided there are no bugs)."

Reading is hard.

@FtXCommando Please for the love of FAF, include mapgen

and crazyrush!

Actually I'm strongly against gimmick maps in map pools because they break my personal principle of a player being able to spawn in with full grasp of game mechanics and being able to iron out a strategy as well as a guy that has 1000 games on the map. Obviously experience has a lot of value and it's impractical to really expect such players to be competitive against one another, but the point is that everything is equal when you enter the game and survey what your options are.

If I had a map that had one random crazyrush mex in the corner, then there's no real reason for you to realize that's a mechanic until it's possibly too late to adjust anything about your build to account for it. Same with the crazyrush map itself. You have no idea if these mexes are infinite, you have no idea if buildings block the script, you might have had no idea that the mexes even expand and blocked it with pgens at the start. It's BS as a player, like if every FAF map had 0 natural reclaim except this one map that is put into a pool every 3rd month.

Of course it is put in tournaments, and that's mostly because people for whatever reason enjoy playing it. I just rationalize it as people knowing the make exists beforehand so it's a fair game since they should be expected to enter the tournament with a knowledge base of the maps in it.

When it comes to map gen, it's the same criteria I had before. It needs to meet the same minimum baseline of quality that I require manual maps to reach.

@speed2 said in Some good news about Team Matchmaking (TMM):

soooooooo GW soonā„¢?

ā¤

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

@Morax said in Some good news about Team Matchmaking (TMM):

In the words of Mando,

"This is the way."

Is Princess Rhianne a joke to you? šŸ˜
Heretic.
-.-

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

@FtXCommando Would some kind of partial full share be possible? Where a portion of the killed players units are killed instead of transferred? Something to make killing a player slightly more impactful, if possible.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

Is it possible? Yes.

Is it coded? No.

Will map sizes be chosen at random or will there be more weight for a specific map sizes?

If I put more 20x20s in a pool, you're statistically more likely to get 20x20s as every map has equal weight.

@FtXCommando 10x10s are superior, 5x5s are good too, please fewer 20x20s (but 20x20s that play like 10x10s are fine)