Players asking for engies using markers without stating their name

Sometimes there is so much stuff going on in chat, that I miss it as well, but was never a big issue TBH - However, would it be possible to indicate the name under/next to the marker who created it, until it gets removed? Maybe even toggable in the options for people who do not like it.

Maybe if you mouse-over the marker it shows the name of the player who created it and a button to remove it from your screen?

@gabrilend CTRL+SHIFT+RMB removes them. And I feel like only 20% of players know it.

Please don't remove colors from markers as 9/10 people play with normal color settings and its helpful

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

These markers should also generate a chat message.

edit: even though you don't want to hear about it.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I disagree, colors should stay. It is the OP who is playing in the non-standard method of having all allies blue and enemies red. He's making the issue occur.

Having a lot of game messages in chat while simultaneously having minimal height just sounds like asking for a bad experience

@serpentor said in Players asking for engies using markers without stating their name:

I disagree, colors should stay. It is the OP who is playing in the non-standard method of having all allies blue and enemies red. He's making the issue occur.

Not done by the majority, but available in the standard game.

If it was a mod, I'd agree with you. But it's not a mod—it's a legitimate option available in stock FAF.

Anyway, don't map markers appear in chat now as chatted by the player that placed them?

@serpentor What if I am somewhat colorblind? "To hell with these people, they are playing a non-standard way"?

That is why there is a chat message.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Is typing in chat who wants an engie really too much to do?

You can always just ignore them, it's a valid tactic that I implement regularly

Dont let magnum here of this