Players asking for engies using markers without stating their name

The markers are awful. People use them to ask to give them something and sometimes don't state their name. I play with my allies blue and my enemies red and I sometimes have problems with colors, especially on these markers. Each time this happens, I have to change player colors hoping to be able to distinguish their color from the rest, find their color in the scoreboard, gift, change player colors back. And they are too lazy to type like 3 letters of their name.

I stopped giving these people engies.

Can't we just remove colors from these markers?

And don't tell me about this new feature posting markers in chat. The chat is a different thing, and I have a lot of notifications activated there, and my chat windows has minimal height, and I would have to scroll up.

How would removing the color from those markers help exactly?

@deletethis They would be forced to state their name.

Sometimes there is so much stuff going on in chat, that I miss it as well, but was never a big issue TBH - However, would it be possible to indicate the name under/next to the marker who created it, until it gets removed? Maybe even toggable in the options for people who do not like it.

Maybe if you mouse-over the marker it shows the name of the player who created it and a button to remove it from your screen?

@gabrilend CTRL+SHIFT+RMB removes them. And I feel like only 20% of players know it.

Please don't remove colors from markers as 9/10 people play with normal color settings and its helpful

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

These markers should also generate a chat message.

edit: even though you don't want to hear about it.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I disagree, colors should stay. It is the OP who is playing in the non-standard method of having all allies blue and enemies red. He's making the issue occur.

Having a lot of game messages in chat while simultaneously having minimal height just sounds like asking for a bad experience

@serpentor said in Players asking for engies using markers without stating their name:

I disagree, colors should stay. It is the OP who is playing in the non-standard method of having all allies blue and enemies red. He's making the issue occur.

Not done by the majority, but available in the standard game.

If it was a mod, I'd agree with you. But it's not a mod—it's a legitimate option available in stock FAF.

Anyway, don't map markers appear in chat now as chatted by the player that placed them?

@serpentor What if I am somewhat colorblind? "To hell with these people, they are playing a non-standard way"?

That is why there is a chat message.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Is typing in chat who wants an engie really too much to do?

You can always just ignore them, it's a valid tactic that I implement regularly

Dont let magnum here of this