Game freezes without warning randomly

@giebmasse I have a GT 1030, and as far as I know my drivers are up to date. I'll check again.

@giebmasse They weren't quite up to date, I updated them. I'll try to play a round again.

@giebmasse So, I tried again, got a bit further into the round this time, 7 minutes. Froze after I tried to zoom out. It's still happening. I am running FA on compatibility, Vista service pack 2, and classic stereo.

Does it happen when you play Forged Alliance itself, running the original game from Steam or Gog Launcher?

@scout_more_often Yes, I, among other reasons, bought the game to hopefully fix the freezing that was also occuring on the GOG version. I also had an old version burned to a disc, but all of them would have the same issue.

@magge No, as far as I know it's not related to the mods.

Could you double-check that, please, and post a new log without any mod activated to verify it is the same error?

Also, install Supreme Commander fresh and verify it - looks like it could be related to some malformed files as well.

Also run in windowed mode unless you are doing so already.

And run Furmark and see if the poor 1030 lives through that.

1030 is more or less designed 'to get an image'. Playing actual games on it...

@jcvjcvjcvjcv Well, the GPU survived Furmark. I'm going to remove all the mods now and run in windowed and see if anything changes.

@magge Well, I tried again without any mods, windowed mode, vista service pack 2 compatibility and stereo. I don't know what's happening.
game_17532825.log

So it looks like it was up to the unit icons. I've found a temporary fix: enabling the option in the settings for the unit icons to be constantly loaded. Now there are no crashes, I've been able to play for over 30 minutes now.