What is the best way to get better at mex upgrading?

@scout_more_often your method is a noob-trap in ladder 1v1 thought, will work well for low level teamgames.

Still think FtX is right, at least if you want to get good long-term

FAF Website Developer

Getting the notifications that pop up when your mexes finish upgrading was helpful for me, and having a counter of all your the mexes by tech level. I think both are part of UI party.

@femboy I can't argue with that as I only play team games. But honestly I don't know what thought other thought process to apply. And I don't understand why doing them manually is going to be an improvement. 😰

By pausing mexes and just sending engies afk upgrading you never adjust play to the map nor to the game state. You just play through a stall if it comes or float mass if you ran into some randomly.

Mexes should be conscious upgrades from the start where you take into account reclaim on the map, reclaim location, mex distribution, level of contention necessary, and then you also adjust how hard you eco based on what your opponent is going for once you scout.

Taking none of this into account just weakens your fundamentals and inevitably leads to stagnation at some level of play once you meet people that can abuse afk play.

Ok that makes clear sense. Hmm, maybe time to crawl out of my comfort zone 🙂

@ftxcommando My question is not about the discussion if it needs to be unique for the situation but how do you do it as efficient as possible so you have more APM left for attacking, defense or casting.

You need to make 2 new hotkeys.
First is a select nearest t1 mex.
Second is upgrade mex.

"Good luck and a safe landing commanders!"

@eternal is that mod compatible with FAF 3731 or still being maintained at all? The latest release is 5 years old and this forum has only 1 post about it stating that the mod has bugs and need hard codes adjustments to get it working. Is it safe to install such a thing or can it mess up my whole game/pc?

If your goal is improvement then don't use EcoManager.