Was a nice run #RIP FAF

Well, after 2 of the last 3 patches absolutely screwed the ICE connections making it impossible for players to play together, and now an absolutely terrible upgrade to the most played map on FAF, Dual Gap, making mid OP and thus making it play like ever other FAF map, its time to let the dead horse lay.

I commend everyone who contributes, and I respect that they are just volunteers...but the need to change things for the sake of change has killed the community.

after 2 of the last 3 patches absolutely screwed the ICE connections making it impossible for players to play together

The changes to the ICE adapter have been reverted if I am not mistaken.

an absolutely terrible upgrade to the most played map on FAF, Dual Gap

You're still able to play an older version - just host yourself.

but the need to change things for the sake of change has killed the community.

The idea that we're doing this is just false. We have better things to do with our time than doing things for the sake of doing them. Like earning money with an actual job. Or go to friends / a significant other. Or just play the game.

Everything we do is to keep FAF alive - things change in the world and if we don't move with it then things will break over time. Brutus wrote a great blog post on this exact topic. I can really recommend it to anyone that feels the same.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip We are not still able to play an older version. It has be written over and we are left with unranked and inferior versions of the map. It was the most played map In FAF not just by the amount of games but also by player count. Its been messed with unnecessarily and without consultation to the community. The beauty of a map that stays the same is that the strategy's are forced to evolve. Not the map itself. We ask for the map creator Robustness to make the map Dualgap_fix_adaptive V9 playable and ranked. And that all future versions are simply an alterative and not a write over of the map.

Only the strongest will make a difficult choice, and @Robustness did it. Good job

Your strategies evolve and change because the balance of the game changes :PPPPPPPPPPPP

Its been messed with unnecessarily and without consultation to the community.
And that all future versions are simply an alterative and not a write over of the map.

I understand that a map with that many plays should maybe not be tempered with. But, it is his design / map and as far as I am aware he can do whatever he wants with it. It doesn't require community approval.

Not the map itself. We ask for the map creator Robustness to make the map Dualgap_fix_adaptive V9 playable and ranked.

I'll look into whether it is unranked or not.

edit: just because a newer version exists doesn't mean the old one is unranked. Unless the author or the vault team did that - which again is how we operate. The vault team didn't do it as far as I can see, so if the author unranked his old version then there isn't much more to be done.

I'd like to add that @Eternal is right - just because the map remains the same doesn't mean the game is too. There are balance patches and they move around the balance of Dual Gap too, as any other map.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Robustness did say in aeolus that he was unranking the version 9 of dual gap.

Ras Boi's save lives.

Maybe try a different map?

🦀🦀Dual Gap is Gone 🦀🦀

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

🦀🦀Dual Gap is Gone 🦀🦀

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

🦀🦀Dual Gap is Gone 🦀🦀

FAF Website Developer

Nothing survives gradual change; that's how the universe works.

🦀🦀Dual Gap is Gone 🦀🦀

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

🦀🦀Dual Gap is Gone 🦀🦀

Ras Boi's save lives.

well there now a v11

Ras Boi's save lives.

🦀🦀Dual Gap is Gone 🦀🦀

The embodiment of depression...

No changes are planned until January. Version 9 has outlived itself faster than I expected. Most of the changes were discussed in a trusted circle for many months and were not spontaneous or deliberate. As a person who tries to keep the balance of this "classic" mapd unbiased, starting with version 6.
I want to say that don't listen to anyone that this is the final version and that in the future, it won't happen that maybe I'll bring version 9 back, anything can happen. But now we need changes that will contribute to improving the gameplay, and not make it bad, as many believe, without playing enough games on it.

@hedgie XD lol, mid players dont even buffed, but naval do. Eco nerfed coz that was only 1 meta on gap! I thin u are just sad about u cant now use ur 24min mavor bild XD

🦀🦀Dual Gap is Gone 🦀🦀

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

new version has the same timing on eco slot. but mid and navy is more important than before.
in fact eco slot was CHANGED but NOT nerfed. it looks nerfed for low skill players only 🦌