FAForever Forums
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Saver
    3. Posts
    The current pre-release of the client ("pioneer" in the version) is only compatible to itself. So you can only play with other testers. Please be aware!
    SaverS Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 2
    • Followers 2
    • Topics 24
    • Posts 424
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Template Workshop Tool

      Hi,
      I wanted to correct this again, but I just had an emergency call-out with the emergency service (always when you really don't need it 😅), so I didn't get around to replying.

      The reason for my mistake was that I had forgotten that I had my mod enabled when testing with special templates like the Hydro. My mod includes both a T2 and T3 Hydro, which your tool obviously can't detect.
      So, quite clearly, the mistake was on my end. When I tested it again without my mod, everything worked perfectly.

      Thanks again! 🙂

      If you get any more testers, I would also recommend releasing this through the Client News. Not every player checks the forum, so this would probably reach a lot more people.

      posted in Modding & Tools
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Template Workshop Tool

      WOW, it works really well and feels very intuitive. Really cool tool. Thanks a lot! 🙂

      06c3619f-4919-41cf-858a-da0fe4a99dae-image.png

      After three tests, I still haven't been able to see the changes reflected in the game. I'll have a look and see if I can figure out where I'm making a mistake. ^^

      posted in Modding & Tools
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Better Carriers - Carrier Overhual

      Hi,

      great job with the quick adjustments! Regarding your comment about T3 Air: I was specifically referring to the T3 Bombers and T3 Gunships. If those units aren't available for the respective faction, then you could reduce the number of them accordingly.

      But whether you want to do that, and how, is completely up to you. 🙂

      I might get back to you once I've done another test.

      posted in Modding & Tools
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Better Carriers - Carrier Overhual

      @d4rkstalker A little feedback on your mod:

      Overall, I think it's very well made and a really good idea 🙂 However, I would recommend merging the units where only the scripts and blueprints have been modified. This would make them more compatible with other mods. There are plenty of examples of this approach in other mods.

      Regarding the number of support aircraft, I think you've chosen a bit too many. Especially T3 bombers are too valuable to simply be given out like that. The same applies to the Gunships.

      You could replace these two types of units with T2 versions instead. That would make the support a little less powerful while still keeping it useful.

      posted in Modding & Tools
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Better Carriers - Carrier Overhual

      Interesting idea. Are the units included in the construction of the unit itself, or are they built on the aircraft carrier after a certain amount of time?

      posted in Modding & Tools
      SaverS
      Saver
    • ACU Walk Animations – Adjustments as a Test Mod

      Hello everyone,
      As I mentioned some time ago in my mod pack, I noticed a few inconsistencies in the walk animations of our ACUs that I would like to improve.

      Originally, I planned to discuss the topic through a Pull Request. However, since changes to the ACU animations can be a rather sensitive topic, @magge gave me the good advice to first make the adjustments available as a mod to a larger group of testers.

      That is exactly what this mod is intended for.

      Besides testing my own work, I also want to give other modders an easy way to experiment with their own ideas and improvements.

      I am only a hobby creator and not a professional animator. These animations are therefore my attempt to create the most convincing movement possible with the tools and skills I currently have. Maybe we can improve them together. 🙂

      The Mod

      For now, the mod simply uses the name TEST S. This allows me to reuse it for future projects without having to create a new test mod for every project.

      1f89c4be-37ee-4012-8170-a93cc8886b8b-image.png

      What has been changed?

      Cybran ACU

      The original walk animation has mostly been kept intact.
      • Head position: The head no longer sinks as deeply into the shoulder area while walking.
      • Hip and upper body: Both have been raised slightly to reduce the noticeable height difference between standing and walking.

      83890ea2-3cb4-42f3-9813-8ba5184221bb-image.png

      25d709c6-a943-466d-a340-e6c023a3a67e-image.png

      UEF ACU

      The walk animation has been completely recreated.
      In the original animation, the very rigid upper body combined with the strong bending of the legs felt somewhat unnatural to me.
      With the new animation, I tried to give the UEF ACU a stronger sense of weight and mass, as you would expect from a large and heavy combat robot. I also tried to involve the other limbs more in the movement to create a more natural and dynamic animation.

      26823672-4e68-4d83-9c36-699fda9a61e0-image.png

      7dd6ea2a-0804-44fd-9af0-0cbc12ac24dd-image.png

      Aeon ACU

      There are two versions of the Aeon ACU.
      One is based on the original animation and is currently also my personal favorite. The second version was completely recreated.
      With the original animation, I noticed a particularly strong sideways movement. This made the ACU appear somewhat unstable, with the head moving noticeably along with the body.
      The new versions are intended to create a more stable and natural walking motion.

      c49c0d0c-750f-4f47-af75-a422e6744073-image.png

      143eaabf-92dc-4f2e-8daa-5d7c244d2da2-image.png

      Note for Testers

      Alongside the mod, I have also included a small test map that allows you to quickly compare the different animations. A test should take around 2–5 minutes.

      At the beginning, you have access to all four ACUs, as well as the required factories, mass and energy.

      The different animations can be built directly from the respective faction factories and compared with each other.
      2a82782f-d841-42c2-8c37-41a3b30ae040-image.png

      My current favorites are marked with a blue V icon.

      9d1ed11a-e1af-4835-acac-0361e5b304ab-image.png

      The other variants are numbered and marked with a black icon.

      14fa5903-a569-4897-b766-9838fbfefe94-image.png

      Note for Other Modders

      The respective unit files also contain the corresponding Blender source file.
      If you are interested, feel free to experiment with them and try creating your own versions or further improving the animations.
      I would be very happy to see other approaches, ideas and improvements.

      6e44d0ac-468f-4a4b-8529-a624437387fe-image.png

      83a20aee-b01d-4663-98a2-3ac170cdc88a-image.png

      Final Note

      I want to make it clear that this is only a proposal from my side.
      The corresponding Pull Request is currently on hold. I do not want these changes to simply be added to the game unless we have first found an approach that as many people as possible are happy with.

      Whether and in what form such changes are ultimately implemented in FAF is entirely up to the FAF core team.

      For now, this mod is simply intended to make it easier to test and compare different approaches.

      Have fun testing! 🙂

      posted in Modding & Tools
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: track mark glitch

      Hi, The issue is known, and a fix is currently being worked on. https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/7119

      posted in Game Issues and Gameplay questions
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: FAF crash: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION attempted to write memory

      Hi, I noticed that your latest post shows you're getting a sound-related error:

      Warning: SND: XACT3DApply failed.

      This error can cause crashes. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the post where the issue was originally solved. However, if you're using a newer NVIDIA graphics card, you could try using NVIDIA Broadcast. In my case, that completely resolved the problem, so it might be worth a try.

      posted in Game Issues and Gameplay questions
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Voice problems in the co-op missions of SC1

      @stasko Hello,
      The same procedure also applies to the Russian sound files. However, since I don't speak Russian, I'm unfortunately not able to implement it myself.
      The process described earlier in this thread applies to all language files. If you'd like to implement it and need any assistance, feel free to reach out.

      posted in Game Issues and Gameplay questions
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: aeon t3 facs april fools too late?

      This will be my final reply in this forum thread, and I'd like to take the opportunity to elaborate one last time.

      I revisited this redesign project because I was not entirely satisfied with the models at the time either—specifically, the models that existed before the last patch.

      Instead of simply complaining or criticizing, I asked for the topic to be given another chance and offered my help by contributing my own free time and effort, just as everyone else who works on FAF does.

      I also have the advantage of having spent time learning modding as a hobby since 2020. Through numerous tutorials, I taught myself how to use tools such as Blender, GIMP, and others, which allowed me to turn my ideas into something tangible. This was similar to the first project I had the opportunity to contribute to for FAF: the upgrade of the Aeon T2 Shield to a T3 Shield.

      Once my proposal was accepted, I communicated every change openly through the forum thread "Redesign of All HQ and Support Factories." In addition, anyone was free to test the models themselves through a dedicated mod (Savers Factory Rework – 06/2025).

      I was also happy to consider suggestions for improvements, especially when they were presented in a specific and constructive manner. After all, it is difficult to work with comments such as "bad" or "doesn't fit" when the models have not even been tested in-game.

      In particular, due to the discussions surrounding the Aeon Land Factory, I created an additional comparison mod that included several different design iterations and approaches (Savers Factory Rework + FAF – 09/2025).

      Furthermore, after the factory model adjustments were completed—but while they were still in the mod phase—a news post was published in the FAF client explicitly asking for community feedback (11.2025).

      🤔 This raises a genuine question: what additional forms of communication would you consider appropriate? Naturally, any approach should inform interested players without becoming intrusive or annoying to others.

      If this topic truly matters to you, then I can only encourage you to provide concrete and constructive suggestions—or, even better, become actively involved yourself.

      Finally, I would like to leave you with one thought:

      FAF exists because people are willing to invest their free time, whether through programming, balancing, organizing, modding, testing, or providing constructive feedback. Not every decision will satisfy everyone, and not every change will turn out perfectly. However, progress only happens when opinions become concrete proposals and criticism becomes actual participation.

      I have done my best to make this development process as transparent as possible and to provide everyone with opportunities to test the changes and share their feedback. What each individual chooses to do with those opportunities is ultimately up to them.

      With that said, I consider my participation in this forum thread concluded and will not be replying further here. I do, however, hope that the discussion continues in a constructive manner and that those who care deeply about this topic will continue to contribute their ideas, feedback, and efforts in the future.

      posted in General Discussion
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Redesign of all HQ and support factories

      Hello,

      Based on the review and feedback from @nory, I initially implemented three adjustments:

      1. Fixed an issue in the LOD1 model of the Seraphim T2 Land Factory, as it did not match the LOD0 model.

      Mistake: 35.jpg
      Fix: 36.jpg

      1. Added an additional indicator to the Cybran T2 Naval Factory. This adjustment also required further changes to the animations of the T1 to T3 HQ factories.

      Current:33.jpg

      New:34.jpg

      1. Fixed minor issues in the build animations of the Cybran Land Factories from T1 to T3, which caused unintended movement of the construction arms.

      Since these adjustments are no longer part of the mod, they can only be viewed in FAF’s test mode. However, these changes are not immediately available yet, so the screenshots will have to suffice for a first impression for now.

      After that, I will take another look at the Aeon Land Factory to see what further improvements can be made.

      posted in Suggestions
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Redesign of all HQ and support factories

      @nory Hello 😊

      Thank you for your summary and explanation. I’m very happy to hear that you generally like the models — with the exception of the Aeon ones.

      Since I handled the reworking of the models on my own, I would like to respond to your individual points and also explain why certain things were implemented the way they are or how they evolved over time.

      I will try to go through the individual points and models step by step based on your summary. However, I would prefer to discuss the Aeon separately, as the explanation and possible new adjustments will likely require considerably more time.

      Naval:
      • Cybran:
        Yes, the visuals could probably be a bit more pronounced here. What would you think about adding this indicator as well?22.jpg

      • Seraphim:
        The naval factory is almost identical to the version before the patch. The main difference is that the construction and destruction animations have now been added, and additional transformation components were also integrated into the lower tech stages.

      Air:
      • UEF:
        The bridge to the second tower already existed before the patch. However, I retextured it and shortened it for the animation so that it feels more natural when the two towers connect. So essentially, the existing design was only slightly adjusted 😉
      Land:
      • Cybran:

      Here, I stayed very close to the shape of the models from before the 2023 patch. However, since I cannot rework the textures and stretched shapes are no longer supposed to be used, I tried to recreate the original size and silhouette as closely as possible through new components, such as the added spikes. After all, the components still need to fit naturally into the model and should not appear completely “out of nowhere.” Unfortunately, I could not come up with a better solution for this.

      • Seraphim:
        I still need to adjust the LOD1 model here. Unfortunately, I only noticed the issue just now.

      • UEF:
        Thank you for pointing that out — I will revisit and fix that.

      Since many of us have more or less unintentionally become “forced testers,” this also gives us the opportunity to work together on improvements. Through open discussions, shared experiences, and feedback, we can hopefully find solutions that benefit everyone and help create an aesthetic that appeals to as many people as possible.

      Unfortunately, I also only have limited free time (volunteer fire department, my job, and family life alongside this) to work on these adjustments. Therefore, I kindly ask everyone to contribute constructively. Of course, I would also greatly appreciate any additional help 😊

      But for today, that’s it from me for now. See you soon.

      posted in Suggestions
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: aeon t3 facs april fools too late?

      @KnownSniper

      Hello,

      your criticism is understandable. However, I would ask you to post it directly in the mentioned thread together with a concrete suggestion:
      https://forum.faforever.com/topic/5790/redesign-of-all-hq-and-support-factories/91?_=1778960759321

      Over the past year, I invested a lot of time into redesigning all factories and testing various new concepts. Your comparison was also taken into account in that thread, although it has only been prepared as a draft so far.

      Please take a look at the proposals — maybe we can find a good compromise.

      And if this factory is your only point of criticism, then that is actually a success already.

      Well then, maybe I’ll soon read another great suggestion from you. 🙂

      posted in General Discussion
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: AI Wave Survival Mod Information

      @G4ever Hi, if the first mod in your list concerns the upgrade of the Aeon shield from T2 to T3, you can delete it. This feature has already been incorporated into the core game.

      posted in Modding & Tools
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Game sound/music stops randomly

      Hi, here's a link that might give you some tips for this problem. Turning the sound off in the BIOS and then back on again worked for me. https://forum.faforever.com/topic/2619/fa-sound-issues-some-sounds-play-once-then-nothing?_=1777142885070

      posted in Game Issues and Gameplay questions
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Chicken Storm

      I think it’s good to identify potential problems. That way, a constructive discussion can always take place.

      Personally, I think the storm is a great weapon. It’s a real double-edged sword. Depending on how it develops, it can be bad for both sides.
      I wanted to check how the storm behaves, but I haven’t found it yet. Visually, it seems random, but that can be deceiving.

      Since I play a lot of UEF, when I have a Fatboy, I try to use the mobile construction option to escape with it. I basically spam T1 when I notice the Chicken is about to fall. Other factions can’t do that.

      But that’s just the diversity of this game.

      How do you react when you let a Chicken get too close to your units?

      posted in Balance Discussion
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Idea: Extended veterancy

      I don't think the idea is bad. That would give the veterans more weight and also make them somewhat more robust.

      posted in Suggestions
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Help me create a music mod

      @jerichos
      I'm not very familiar with this type of sound file, but take a look here, you might need to convert your files so you can use them in FAF.

      https://forum.faforever.com/topic/9633/voice-problems-in-the-co-op-missions-of-sc1/13?_=1775484500853

      posted in I need help
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Savers Unitpack

      @Uveso

      Thank you 😁

      Does this refer to a fix for Total Mayhem? 🤔 😵

      👩‍💻 🤷

      posted in Modding & Tools
      SaverS
      Saver
    • RE: Peculiar AI behavior

      Hello and welcome to the community 🙂 I've only occasionally encountered the behavior you're describing. But I do think it could be related to your economic advantages.

      Regardless, I would advise you to make good use of the many AI models that FAF offers. M27 / M28 / RNGAI / UVESO
      6d877e2b-2c3e-4da2-9616-d2c7eb34aeef-image.jpeg 67bca8f0-34e4-42ae-8eb2-3e66267ddf1d-image.jpeg faaa3e3b-180a-4230-8bb3-c9d521a08dd1-image.jpeg

      They each use their own tactics, with M28 currently being the strongest AI. At least in my opinion.

      posted in General Discussion
      SaverS
      Saver