Helpful to have "report disconnect" feature?

Hi,

I seem to remember admins once asking to report connection problems. Just a random idea: if better visibility into spikes in connection issues would be helpful, how about e.g. a button in the "Replays" tab to report individual games where disconnects occurred?

We could collect some general feedback per player after a game. Question is what to ask.

• rate game + / o / -
  • encountered disconnect
  • encountered desync
  • encountered game crash
  • encountered inappropriate behavior

Other ideas?

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@brutus5000 Ask: "U mad bro?"

@brutus5000 said in Helpful to have "report disconnect" feature?:

We could collect some general feedback per player after a game. Question is what to ask.

• rate game + / o / -
  • encountered disconnect
  • encountered desync
  • encountered game crash
  • encountered inappropriate behavior

Other ideas?

• encountered game freeze
  • encountered broken units
  • encountered broken sound

And perhaps optionally, if people pick for example the sound option then there can be a hint in the client to check the 'fix my sound' topic by @magge which for some reason I always have trouble finding šŸ˜ž

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I see the "game crashes when I alt+tab from full screen" threads from time to time. Could be helpful to process that with the game-crash-option-pick as well somehow.

@MostLostNoob may have some helpful insights because he assists so many people with their technical issues. Maybe he has some "you could cover feedback option XY" which makes the life easier to solve common issue JK.

can the client notice the game crashed and check the crash log?
or is the client unable to tell whether the game crashed or closed normally?

the 'fix my sound' topic by @magge which for some reason I always have trouble finding šŸ˜ž

How are you having trouble finding it?

Home -> I need help -> FAQ (you can also directly go to FAQ from the home)

How are you looking for it? Should something be done to make the FAQs easier to reach?