Please remove dark red from the color options in TMM

No, in the snip, my color is dark red. Also, it would still be a problem if my ally or my enemy was dark red for the same reason that it's hard to distinguish land units from other land units.

@funkoff AH! I used ctrl+e to put team colours on...
That way, I'm blue, allies are light or dark green, and enemies are light or dark red.

@funkoff said in Please remove dark red from the color options in TMM:

@endranii You are misinterpreting. I can tell my units apart from my ally's, what I can't do is tell my artillery from my tanks... at least it takes a lot longer than it should.

Oh, that makes way more sense. And while I don't have that problem while playing at over 10% of my screens brightness I do struggle a tad bit when it's all the way down. So it seems to be mostly contrast issue for some screens or brightness levels.

So yeah, now I fully get what you mean. Imo, instead of just removing the colour it might be better to maybe introduce a second set of "outlines" and "inlines" for the darker colours. So that instead of the black on dark colours we get something more visible for them.

I'm not entirely sure how the icons are rendered, is it possible that the lines could be made white for some darker colors? Or is that hardcoded/part of the engine?

The game uses the same set of icons regardless of color. There is no functionality to provide a second set for dark colors, so sadly this is not possible

There various mods with custom icons if you are having difficult distinguishing units

@funkoff said in Please remove dark red from the color options in TMM:

@endranii You are misinterpreting.

That's a funny way of saying "I didn't explain my problem clearly in my post, sorry."

Generally agree though, as well as with some of the other comments about similar colours.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

You can use mode/redact some game files to change color. Have no idea how to do that, but that's definitely possible

@indexlibrorum

That's a funny way of saying

Let's not choose violence. His suggestion that a lighter color be used made it unambiguous in the way he intended. An assumption was made in the replies that everybody else wrongly got on board with.

@slicknixon Indeed. Whether or not I am the dark red color player in the original screenshot is irrelevant, the dark red color is still terrible and should not be used.