Allow wagners to surface like subs

@zeldafanboy said in Allow wagners to surface like subs:

15 dps is almost as worthless as 7.5. Give it a 200 damage salvo on a 10 second reload

I mean... it fits with "hit and run" tactics that cyb would prob do...

Probably would be strong... get few of them, deal 2k dmg and back off... wait a bit and repeat.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

@hinthunter

The Wagner has meh range and much lower speed than naval units so you could only really use it near the shore defensively, which allows Cybran to get back into the water. Navy can easily kite it otherwise

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

I don't think what you're suggesting is possible. @Balthazar could you enlighten us?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

We're very limited on what we can do with motion type stuff like that. Only submarines can surface like that.

To elaborate, the only motion type options are:
Aircraft
Amph-floating
Amph-seabed
Land
Land again (there's two separate land-motion types that are identical except for the name, one's not used).
Hover
Ship
Sub
None (Structure)
To have anything that uses a combination of them would require you to swap out the unit in code, which breaks half the games systems.

Curious what makes the Salem walk on land?

That would be an engine hack, specifically designed for that unit

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Doesn't the Salem just use amph-floating?

I see. I thought it would be simply something like changing the layer the unit was on. The unit script for some units has a OnLayerChange function, so I thought that the ui button simply changes the layer or something. How can I find the code that handles ui interactions like submarines submerge button?

While it might seem like a cool idea, it's neither feasible from the code perspective nor balance one. You can't have units that can go under your naval force and suddenly submerge and obliterate your cruisers/destroyers.