Weekly Discussion #29 - What would you like to see in the game next?

this seems the same as being able to see weapon effects from weapons that you didn't scout yet, which already happens

When a mesh is or is not shown depends on the center of the mesh. If that is in vision then it is shown. This is of course not ideal for shields 🙂 There are two parts of a shield:

• The shield mesh, what you see and collide with
  • The shield unit, that provides the shield

What we could do is:

• (1) Make the shield mesh always visible, regardless of intel
  • (2) Make the shield mesh (temporarily) visible when they are damaged
  • (3) Give temporary intel surrounding the unit that provides the shield as you damage the shield

(3) is also applied for beam weapons, last time I checked

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Some more EQ fixes implemented before 2030.

edit:

@Jip for posterity

Personally, I'd like to see mobile factories building while moving.

I'd also like to see sub actually go deep(er) but that's way more of a balance change and I like to think it will be part of the full navy pass that's coming eventually.

@deletethis feel free to make a list of what you'd like to see, EQ was of before my time

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip
Imo option n1 is out of question as it's gonna be a very hard nerf to any small firebases that otherwise would be unscouted. Not to mention now always knowing what is shielded and what is not.

As for which of the 2 and 3 I would prefer it's hard to say, but option 2 seems quite decent as it still gives you idea that there is a shield there but it won't make it so you get intel what kind of shield it actually is and where exactly it was placed.

Actually the most important thing in the universe.

Make it so that when you queue for matchmaker the game doesn't instantly crash when you have another game open

@jip said in Weekly Discussion #29 - What would you like to see in the game next?:

What we could do is:

• (3) Give temporary intel surrounding the unit that provides the shield as you damage the shield

(1) and (2) might have some weird side effects, but if (3) is already in the game for beam weapons, and doesn't cause any major problems there, it seems like a decent solution to try out.

2 seems ideal to me

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@jip said in Weekly Discussion #29 - What would you like to see in the game next?:

@deletethis feel free to make a list of what you'd like to see, EQ was of before my time

one I would suggest is mobile factories such as carriers being able to build units while moving

also if shield mesh is always visible, would it be visible at all times or only when the shield is on? it seems it could give free intel of when enemy shield drops that way, which wouldn't be good

afaik for beam weapons you don't get intel over unit itself, only the beam, you can see it coming from where the unit is but not the unit itself, if you could see the same for shield that would be the best imo, otherwise solution 2 seems best, so we can at least see what happened to the projectile

What we could do is:

(2) Seems best , and also what I expect would happen.

I wonder if beam weapons could be changed from (3) to (2) as part of this for consistency ?

Also oblig:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eh7nhTf_2m0&feature=shares&t=32

@deribus said in Weekly Discussion #29 - What would you like to see in the game next?:

There's a separate keybind for select all idle engineers excluding ACU

cdfe7196-ff1a-4731-88c5-0e0657a66a02-image.png

Where is it boss?

Oh whoopsie. Turns out it is I who has the reading comprehension of Helen Keller

Hellen Keller wrote like 10 books

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Didn't Hellen Keller invent bralle?