Auto delete text?

If there's one thing that confuses me worse than the huge numbers of players who think it is ok to write "t2 eng please" on top of your acu in your base (as opposed to typing in team chat), it is how no one ever seems to remove them. Ever. I appear to be the only player in this game who removes them manually after a few minutes.

Could text the players add onto the screen be auto-erased after say 2 minutes?

Sometimes people want markers that last longer. For example, marking an SMD with the time that it was built. Or just marking SMDs in general. You might need that more than 2 minutes later. We should just trust people to delete markers (with ctrl-shift-right click) as appropriate to keep things clean.

You can remove markers that other place with ctrl-shift-right click. Or at least drag them off the map if deleting them is too much work. There are good reasons to have markers that stay so auto delete is a suboptimal solution.

Hmm, hadn't thought about marking SMDs etc. What about adding the "delete markers with ctrl-shift-right click" tip to the loading tips?

I think there is already a tip that you can delete orders with ctrl-shift-right click.

We don't need a tip for that, the game tells you how to do it when you hover over the marker symbol in the UI.

@femtozetta I have been playing this game for 14 years and never seen that. So I'm going to assume it's not obvious enough.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

@kalethequick Likewise I didn't know that!

@intel_wins_games I had figured it out though. It's the same command to remove orders from a queue. Like if you do move-attack-move, but want to just delete the attack.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!