Client Problems

So there's a few things about the client that are really annoying.

I get disconnected from chat regularly now. Once you are disconnected you have to press a button to reconnect, then you wait for a bit and then you have to type in "aeolus" to rejoin aeolus.

There is no other channel to join except maybe a clan chat, just put me straight back into aeolus. Of course not getting disconnected is better but I'm going to assume that is more difficult to solve.

When I switch tabs in the client and then return to chat, aeolus will often be way behind and I have to scroll down to see the latest chat. If I have any other chat open it will show me that channel instead of aeolus, regardless of whether I was actually looking at that channel before.

Ironically the scrolling issue is less of a problem now that I get disconnected regularly.

The play tab does not stay sorted. I have to resort the games every time I look at the play tab.

There's probably more but this is it for now.

I also get constantly disconnected from chat. Messaging people that fail to X in lobby is now an even more annoying chore since, as @JaggedAppliance said, you have to first get on #aeolus yourself half the time, and then you might discover the player in question was also disconnected and it was all a waste of time.

Aside from that, the biggest annoyance for me as of late is that the most recently hosted map is no longer automatically highlighted in the map list when you host again. Before this change, rehosting was annoying enough, but now there's the extra hassle of remembering which random map you wanted or trying to find this needle in the haystack of inferior maps you created before settling for it. Extra annoying when the game crashes on launch and there's not even a 1 second replay to copy the map name from. EDIT this is fixed now. thank you.

For the chat disconnects this is still a product of some of the changes that had to be made to mitigate the effects of the ongoing ddos. The not connecting to aeolus is on the radar as an issue but just hasn't been prioritized to be fixed yet.

For the chat showing older messages the client should scroll you to your last seen message similar to how discord works.

I thought it is only me who loses chat every 10 secs.
Also it automatically reconnects me to Russian chat. And I have to manually join aeolus. Is it possible to change first priority chat to aeolus instead of Russian?

@sheikah said in Client Problems:

For the chat showing older messages the client should scroll you to your last seen message similar to how discord works.

Yeah it often just takes me way back to the same point over and over and I have to scroll down again.

@sheikah said in Client Problems:

Should and does are 2 different things. It does not scroll to any message. If you go to a different chat and then back to aeolus you are always back at the top. Honestly this is maybe the most annoying bug/feature having to scroll down every time

Not a huge issue, but the Replay Tab doesn't save your search result if you change to a different tab, requiring one to do the search again. In prior clients, the tab saved the search results.

@rama

Huh for me its the opposite. It never saved it before, but with the last update it does..

I have problem with start client

java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application init method

I'm a bit annoyed that I can't select text from chats anymore. I guess it's not a huge issue but it made communicating with non-english speakers quite a bit harder since copy-pasting into google translate is no longer an option. I have to now start google translate on my phone, switch to camera mode, and hold it up to the monitor for a few seconds before the OCR works.

@phong If you're in the FAF Discord, then you can look in the #aeolus channel there to get the text you need to copy for translation.

@mostlostnoob well that definitely helps for #aeolus at least, I guess I can ask people that we speak there.