Seton's Clutch Tournament Best team of 2023

• Maybe increase the rating cap? as it stands you can barely make 1 team consisting of 3 2ks in a tourney thats supposed to be played at the highest skill level possible, dont think it would be reliable to have 1-2 <1400 players in your team to be able to perform at a high lvl

• Maybe the max rating should be 2200-2300 instead? there’s a considerable amount of difference in skill between 2000s and people that are higher than 2300, placing them both in the same category would be unfair for those who are at the 2000~ range

mb something like 7800 rating cap and a team consisting of 2300/2000/1800/1700
would be a more balanced team where there wouldn’t be any huge skill gap compared to other teams + everyone would be happy with their teammates being able to achieve high level gameplay.

I think it’s feasible that we’re able to gather all 8 teams consisting of 1800-2000~ average rating assuming people are motivated to compete.

Chisato,
I thought that Syndicus was wanting to host a Setons Tourney that wasn't a total Stack like the last one. So setting the rating cap lower allows for this. I mean honestly where do the average players fit in? I don't want to play another Tourney where the players are rated 2300/2000/1800/1700, this doesn't allow room for us plebs.
Honestly if I am gonna just throw away $50 and 8hrs time for sure. Why not buy some lottery tickets go to the bar and get drunk.

6600 allows for a 2300ish, 2 1500ish players and a 1300. Doesn't this sound like more FUN? It does to me. I even put money down to prove it.
If you want a 2k+ Setons tourney host your own and put some money up.

Just my 2cents worth

Mizer

First we will be best, then we will be first.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

yea i assumed this was supposed to be a top level setons, not a casual one lol, alrighty then.

@pmbmize said in Seton's Clutch Tournament Best team of 2023:

Chisato,
I thought that Syndicus was wanting to host a Setons Tourney that wasn't a total Stack like the last one. So setting the rating cap lower allows for this. I mean honestly where do the average players fit in? I don't want to play another Tourney where the players are rated 2300/2000/1800/1700, this doesn't allow room for us plebs.
Honestly if I am gonna just throw away $50 and 8hrs time for sure. Why not buy some lottery tickets go to the bar and get drunk.

6600 allows for a 2300ish, 2 1500ish players and a 1300. Doesn't this sound like more FUN? It does to me. I even put money down to prove it.
If you want a 2k+ Setons tourney host your own and put some money up.

Just my 2cents worth

Mizer

100% fine, i just think the post title shouldn't be called "best team of 2023". obviously this tournament isn't gonna determine the best team of 2023 if there's a rating cap involved

its just a little misleading, could be why yudi was trying to remove the rating cap

"Exception: If player has over 2000 rating, player will be max rated at 2000."

seems a bit much or nah?

“I would like to participate in the tournament. Can you assign me to a team or something? Or does anyone want me on their team 🙂 (2k rank)

open to play, 2k rank

@chisato As discussed with Farms, it is difficult to find the sweet spot in which both levels of players (Moderate and Pro) are able to play at the competitive level (rating wise). The idea here is to include more than just the pros. As well as to avoid such team, stomping down the others due to a large skill gap (ex: stacked 2K teams), which is why the 6600 is justified. Simply put, the tournament is hosted for a greater amount of players in the FAF community!

Suffer in silence

@deli I don't think so to be completely honest. I think when you hit 2K, you've hit a barrier of how much skill is possessed by that player. Of course this is subjective to what types of maps are played (Ex. 2K dual gapper vs 2K TMM player). It isn't as dramatic until you reach like 2500 because in that regard, in order to have possessed that many points, that player would have had to win multiple games against other 2Ks to be able to gain points going past, which would show superior skill. As you may know there are not as many players that achieve 2500. I think allowing 2100,2200,2300 to be considered 2000 is fine.

Suffer in silence

@waffelznoob Relax its just the name of the tourney, you're still the best bully XD

Suffer in silence

@Syndicus Cortana is a reference to the Halo Universe btw, not Windows AI assistance helper.

Many thanks.

@cortana

LOL

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Syndicus

Sign me up. and add another $50 from me. For a total of $100.

Team Friendship-And-Gaming needs a 2k and 1500 rated team mates. Anyone interested?

Sign me up pls

@syndicus said in Seton's Clutch Tournament Best team of 2023:

@deli I don't think so to be completely honest. I think when you hit 2K, you've hit a barrier of how much skill is possessed by that player. Of course this is subjective to what types of maps are played (Ex. 2K dual gapper vs 2K TMM player). It isn't as dramatic until you reach like 2500 because in that regard, in order to have possessed that many points, that player would have had to win multiple games against other 2Ks to be able to gain points going past, which would show superior skill. As you may know there are not as many players that achieve 2500. I think allowing 2100,2200,2300 to be considered 2000 is fine.

In my opinion, as 2000 global, there is quite a lot of difference between 1900-2100/(some 2.2ks) and players that are 2300+.

It's similar to the difference between 1800 players and 2000. There are exceptions though since you have overrated and underrated players. But generally speaking, this holds somewhat true.

It seems daft to cap and define 2000+ players as just 2000 players. By your own admission, a player who hits 2000 has hit the ultimate ability and skill possible in the game, which is not true. As you also point out, if a player manages to acquire 2500 rating, they have broken your previous assumption about skill caps. And assuming that said 2500 has acquired such a rating via beating 2000 rated players is wrong. Take the player Sid as an example. Or my clanmate Leader with 3600 global rating. He did not achieve such a rating by slaughtering hordes of 2300-2600 rated players.

These are of course exceptions.

I don't think it's fine to consider 2100, 2200, 2300, 2400 and 2500 rated players as 2000 players. Some players of those ratings may in fact be closer to 2000 ability in reality, but when you get to 2200 and certainly 2300 and above they are most definitely not like 2000 players.

It should be fine to include these players of 2100+ rating with their actual displayed global ratings. It just means their teammates will be of somewhat lower quality when making up the 6600 team skill ceiling.