Seton's Clutch Tournament Best team of 2023

Seton's Clutch Best team of 2023 tournament!
Date: 4 November 2023 November 11 2023
Start Time: 2:00/1400 UTC Continued 1600 UTC 12 November 2023
Chat: /join #SetonsClutch
Challonge: https://challonge.com/tlpthogt
Tournament Director(s): Syndicus
Broadcasting:
www.twitch.tv/PMBMize
www.twitch.tv/Syndicus

Rewards:
$400- Prize for winner of tournament

Donated by:
$100- Mizer
$50 - Syndicus
$50 - JT_
$50 - CheeseBerry
$50 - FedoraFreak
$50 - Exselsior
$50 - Man_on_the_Moon
If you would like to add to the pool please contact me on discord at .syndicus or Syndicus#9058
Tournament Format:
Double Elimination
This tournament format tends to be used for more casual events as it provides a way to ignore the concerns of seeding that more competent players have by having a "2nd chance" bottom bracket. It takes losing at least 2 series to be knocked out. The format also tends to have an additional match to determine the final winner in the case that the winner of the bottom bracket beats the winner of the top bracket. The existence of this extra game in the case of a loss is the extra security the winner of the top bracket gets for never losing a series.
Entry information:
Please provide name of team and players.
Please arrive 1 hour - 30 minutes before tournament is hosted for check in.
Allyby: If player naturally disconnects throughout the game, team will have option to continue. Although Must have 4 players to start game.
If by chance the game disconnects due to server issues, (multiple people) the game or match will be null. In this event a new game will be hosted. In the event the servers go down, the tourney will be postponed to a later date.
Map:
Seton's Clutch
Settings: Balance: Fixed, (Players will not play same slot twice) Full-Share, 1500 max unit
We will have a maximum of 10 team entries
Rules:

All members of team must arrive at check in time of the tournament. If by chance player is missing for some odd reason, there may be exceptions for substitutes.
Team will have a combined rating of 6700 rating cap.
Must have rating by the day of sign up. No rating manipulation. If suspected will result of disqualification.
All members of a team must have minimum rating of 1100
Looking through feedback, I have decided there will be no personal rating cap. Therefore there will be no exceptions towards the the minimum and combined rating.
Starting on 12 November 2023 players will not hand base over to the highest rated player of the game for the purposes of having a slight eco advantage. Giving units is accepted but not entire bases. This just changes the entire point of adding a rating cap. If suspicion is found of this type of gameplay, team will be disqualified. Exceptions include ACU being killed by enemy, user has a disconnecting issue (user must provide proof)

Team Windows AI 6700/6700 (LOCKED)

1. Cortana (2000)
  2. Riot- (1700)
  3. KuhwaKlimakleber (1900)
  4. Ullona_Oss (1100)

Team Rocket Blast 6800/6700 (Last minute buffer) (LOCKED)

1. Mr_Blastman (1500)
  2. John (2000)
  3. Protect (2100)
  4. ErgoPr0xy (1200)

Team Raspberry Pie 6700/6700 (LOCKED)

1. Man_on_the_moon (2000)
  2. SwatoSlav (2100)
  3. Maro (1500)
  4. QuantumTyphoon (1100)

Team Friendship-And-Gaming 6700/6700 (LOCKED)

1. PMBMizer (1400)
  2. GFY_DePonny (1700)
  3. FedoraFreak (1500)
  4. VIP (2100)

Team JTizzle 6700/6700 (LOCKED)

1. JT_ (1600)
  2. Accidental_Aeon (1700)
  3. Gulmo (1900)
  4. LoliChan (1500)

Team 5head 6600/6700 (LOCKED)

1. Aurand (1200)
  2. Exselsior (1800)
  3. Nory (2200)
  4. legat_pit (1400)

Team 300$ 6700/6700 (LOCKED)

1. cZARJc (1700)
  2. FFF (1900)
  3. HorohLoxMato (1800)
  4. Nooby-Pl (1300)

Team Kappa 6700/6700 (LOCKED)

1. Yudi (2400)
  2. insidiousnoob (1800) BlInChIk (1800) (Substitute)
  3. Melanol (1300)
  4. BoneKing (1200)

Extras:
Nuggets (2100)
Deli (1900)

BlInChIk (1800)

Suffer in silence

• Maybe increase the rating cap? as it stands you can barely make 1 team consisting of 3 2ks in a tourney thats supposed to be played at the highest skill level possible, dont think it would be reliable to have 1-2 <1400 players in your team to be able to perform at a high lvl

• Maybe the max rating should be 2200-2300 instead? there’s a considerable amount of difference in skill between 2000s and people that are higher than 2300, placing them both in the same category would be unfair for those who are at the 2000~ range

mb something like 7800 rating cap and a team consisting of 2300/2000/1800/1700
would be a more balanced team where there wouldn’t be any huge skill gap compared to other teams + everyone would be happy with their teammates being able to achieve high level gameplay.

I think it’s feasible that we’re able to gather all 8 teams consisting of 1800-2000~ average rating assuming people are motivated to compete.

Chisato,
I thought that Syndicus was wanting to host a Setons Tourney that wasn't a total Stack like the last one. So setting the rating cap lower allows for this. I mean honestly where do the average players fit in? I don't want to play another Tourney where the players are rated 2300/2000/1800/1700, this doesn't allow room for us plebs.
Honestly if I am gonna just throw away $50 and 8hrs time for sure. Why not buy some lottery tickets go to the bar and get drunk.

6600 allows for a 2300ish, 2 1500ish players and a 1300. Doesn't this sound like more FUN? It does to me. I even put money down to prove it.
If you want a 2k+ Setons tourney host your own and put some money up.

Just my 2cents worth

Mizer

First we will be best, then we will be first.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

yea i assumed this was supposed to be a top level setons, not a casual one lol, alrighty then.

@pmbmize said in Seton's Clutch Tournament Best team of 2023:

Chisato,
I thought that Syndicus was wanting to host a Setons Tourney that wasn't a total Stack like the last one. So setting the rating cap lower allows for this. I mean honestly where do the average players fit in? I don't want to play another Tourney where the players are rated 2300/2000/1800/1700, this doesn't allow room for us plebs.
Honestly if I am gonna just throw away $50 and 8hrs time for sure. Why not buy some lottery tickets go to the bar and get drunk.

6600 allows for a 2300ish, 2 1500ish players and a 1300. Doesn't this sound like more FUN? It does to me. I even put money down to prove it.
If you want a 2k+ Setons tourney host your own and put some money up.

Just my 2cents worth

Mizer

100% fine, i just think the post title shouldn't be called "best team of 2023". obviously this tournament isn't gonna determine the best team of 2023 if there's a rating cap involved

its just a little misleading, could be why yudi was trying to remove the rating cap

"Exception: If player has over 2000 rating, player will be max rated at 2000."

seems a bit much or nah?

“I would like to participate in the tournament. Can you assign me to a team or something? Or does anyone want me on their team 🙂 (2k rank)

open to play, 2k rank

@chisato As discussed with Farms, it is difficult to find the sweet spot in which both levels of players (Moderate and Pro) are able to play at the competitive level (rating wise). The idea here is to include more than just the pros. As well as to avoid such team, stomping down the others due to a large skill gap (ex: stacked 2K teams), which is why the 6600 is justified. Simply put, the tournament is hosted for a greater amount of players in the FAF community!

Suffer in silence

@deli I don't think so to be completely honest. I think when you hit 2K, you've hit a barrier of how much skill is possessed by that player. Of course this is subjective to what types of maps are played (Ex. 2K dual gapper vs 2K TMM player). It isn't as dramatic until you reach like 2500 because in that regard, in order to have possessed that many points, that player would have had to win multiple games against other 2Ks to be able to gain points going past, which would show superior skill. As you may know there are not as many players that achieve 2500. I think allowing 2100,2200,2300 to be considered 2000 is fine.

Suffer in silence

@waffelznoob Relax its just the name of the tourney, you're still the best bully XD

Suffer in silence

@Syndicus Cortana is a reference to the Halo Universe btw, not Windows AI assistance helper.

Many thanks.

@cortana

LOL

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Syndicus

Sign me up. and add another $50 from me. For a total of $100.

Team Friendship-And-Gaming needs a 2k and 1500 rated team mates. Anyone interested?

Sign me up pls