Developers Iteration II of 2023

6893228b-e8ef-4daf-a4c0-0c2b0c15efee-image.png

That is odd, I'll look into it!

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

3112a8fa-fc40-4453-a92b-4a9b76ce6493-image.png With 1 drone it seems to be going halfway.

I will test it again tomorrow on a different map and without a mod.

@saver You are not supposed to test anything with mods on.

ed0e5f47-c052-4956-81c0-64966f8073df-image.png Unfortunately I have the same error in a vanilla map, without mods.

Here is an excerpt from the ingame log:

EBUG: ACU PlatoonHandle found. Builder CDR Assist Engineer. Disbanding CDR platoon!
DEBUG: ACU PlatoonHandle found. Builder CDR Assist Engineer. Disbanding CDR platoon!
DEBUG: Current gametime: 00:07:00
DEBUG: ACU PlatoonHandle found. Builder CDR Assist Engineer. Disbanding CDR platoon!
WARNING: AI WARNING: Platoon trying to disband ArmyPool

5c07ca82-017b-4fba-b24e-473a7eee45a2-image.png

I'll dive into it πŸ‘ , thank you for the replay

I think we need to remove those AI log statements so they don't confuse users. Also I think the transport debug is still enabled.

I've updated the patchnotes with a small section on visual changes, in particular about water. The images are sliders - you can slide it to see the old (left) and new (right). By default it shows the new visuals

@Saver I'll dive into your bug report later

@jip Those sliding images are a great mechanic. Any chance we'll be able to do to this on the Forums?

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

@indexlibrorum no as it is custom CSS code

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@rowey I figured, sad 😞

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

@Saver your bug report did get processed and it should be fixed now.

Added the full changelog in the second post, as of writing the game patch has been released!

For those wondering: where did my precious Sorian AI go? Well - to the vault! With thanks to @relentless it is preserved as a mod:

e0b51258-d06e-4564-9973-739ebde6ff6b-image.png

Do note that the mod will likely not be maintained. It also does not support the navigational mesh, which means you require the marker generator of Uveso to have a proper Sorian AI experience on the average map

It's such a shame to see that nobody is controlling the programming power. Instead, redundant projects and relatively less important projects are being implemented, rather than addressing the relevant and more fundamental problems.

@hoschmosch ok man, I would look at you working without being paid.

β€œBe a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
β€” Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

The old Story. Especially when working for free, you want to be as efficient as possible, don't you think? and more important, when u finished your payless work, wouldnt it be nice if it has some kind of impact.

The entitlement here hurts to read.

@spikeynoob said in Developers Iteration II of 2023:

The entitlement here hurts to read.

The ability to receive criticism, even though it's not even criticism but more of a request, can also be painful.