About weather: generating clouds

If it is subtle then it is fine in my opinion.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

It's an artistic tool that could be used poorly or well. And it could be used to make other effects. Idk, placing a green or black one under water to give it a subtly different texture. Having it in some mountains meant to be impassable anyways?

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

Weather is cool and not much of an issue as you can see the icons through the cloud cover anyways. What are some good maps with nice looking weather?

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Clouds can definitely be an issue, funeral plains has clouds which can be annoying.

A lot of people turn off "screen shake" even though it adds to immersion. I don't think people want clouds interfering with their ability to see things. Is there a way to toggle clouds on/off? And if not, can that be added?

also, I assume they are static, unable to move? Or can they?

Hi everyone, I had seen the weather markers in FAF Map Editor. Do they work? Or has anyone tested this? So for my part I'm a fan if the clouds are placed where the main thing is not affected.

7dd56981-8adc-4cab-892a-371f66d1ead9-image.png
69f9bfd9-5647-4151-83e5-8b817338b194-image.png
fbe4d65c-897c-4d93-be42-39d74d970a69-image.png

yes they work

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

thx

@saver I've recently used clouds in Project Tabula. Placed them so that they don't interfere with gameplay, though: only when you zoom all the way out do you have some light clouds, and there are some clouds below the plateau.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

And clouds do not show in the editor 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Thank you for the answers 🙂