Commander Survival Kit (A new SIM Mod)

I have upload the Fix.
Transmissions has been removed from the Mod.
So the Performance should be better now.

Version is 4 now in the FAF Modvault.
I just have fixed a few other small Issues regarding to the Helpcenter.

Hello everyone,
I have upload a new small Patch on the FAF Modvault.

Version: 6

The Transmissions are now back and have get an Code rework.
Instead of an Movie they are coming now with an static Faction Logo.

c1edb820-974d-4885-87ab-fb6e35da7575-image.png

This will prevents the Game for Performance Issues caused by the Transmissions.
The Helpcenter is the only UI Element in the Mod now, which plays an Video/Movie.
However the Player is able manage it by the Play and stop Buttons directly.
That was not possible on the old Transmissions and causes these Performance Issues.

If you notice any Perfomance Issues make sure to stop the Hepcenter Tutorial Video.

Best regards
CDRMV

Hello everyone
i have upload a new Patch on the FAF Modvault.

Lets see what is new:

Loud Compatiblity:
For anyone who loves to play Loud.
The Commander Survival Kit is now playable in Loud.
The Unit.lua File which causes an Gamebreaking Issue previously has been reworked. 
The issue has been fixed now and anything works now in all Gameversions

Fix the Missing Tooltip Issue: 
Several UI Elements of the Game had missing Tooltips.
This has been fixed now for all Gameversions.

Known issues:

Lobby Options:
Regarding to the Missing Lobby Options in Loud.
I have contacted the Loud Team to Update their integrated Lobby Enhancment Mod from 4.5 to 4.6.
There are now currently working on it.
So Loud will support new custom  Lobby Options and Tooltips soon.
That means the two new Lobby Options, which are included in this Mod will soon work in Loud.
Stay tuned for more regarding to this.

Strange Prices in Loud:
Some Prices for Reinforcements and Fire Support Weapons have uneven numbers in Loud.This needs to be adjusted probably by an small integrated balance Patch for the Mass Costs  
It will be added in the next version.

Best regards
CDRMV

How this is a UI mod if it alters sim? This should be called as sim one...

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@ctrl-k

It is more an Hybrid of both in my opinion
A UI and Sim Mod in this Case.
The Description above has been updated of course.
And the Mod Description will be updated as Well.

The UI are the two Managers, the Helpcenter, the Transmissions and a few more. Basically anything what is programmed/coded with UI Elements Like Windows, Buttons, Movies, Pictures, Text and so on is the Frontend Aspect in this Case. The functionality behind the UI is the Sim/Backend Aspect.

Wow looks great

@nine2

Thank you.
More Updates are coming soon. 😉

I will Update the mod_info.lua in the next Patch. The Mod will be marked categorized as an SIM Mod.

@cdrmv said in Commander Survival Kit (A new UI/SIM Mod):

It is more an Hybrid of both in my opinion

To be clear, the term "UI mod" means it is a mod that only affects the user interface

A "Sim mod" is one that affects the simulation for other players. E.g. adding new units, etc. A sim mod can also affect a player's user interface. A sim mod can add new buttons on the user interface for the user to click on.

There is no such thing as a "hybrid" mod

A UI mod is one that you can use without causing a desync with other players

A Sim mod is one that, if any player is using it, all of the players need to use it

@arma473
I have ask Ctrl-K about the Difference between an UI and a SIM Mod yesterday. But thank you for the additional Informations about that too. Of course this is an SIM Mod and I will Update the mod_info.lua regarding to that soon. And of course some others Descriptions such as Readme File, on Moddb and so on. I Just didn't know the Difference between these two types of Mods before so sorry for the misinformation.

A few more new Model previews:
These two Units will appear as new Air Reinforcements for the UEF and will be buildable in an Tech 3 Air Factory.

UEF Tech 3 Heavy Missile Gunship:
One of the rare UEF Units which uses an traditional Propeller Engine. Slow Move Speed,Some Missile launchers for Ground Targets. a light gatling Gun for Ground and Air Targets.

68472bab-5060-4f71-9de5-3f1ed050bf00-image.png

UEF Tech 3 AA Gunship:
A Heavy Gunship, which is designed to fight against enemy Air Units.
Prefered Target: Gunships or Transports.
Fast Move Speed, Some Missile launchers for Anti Air. A light Gatling Gun for Ground and Air Targets.

UEF AA Gunship.PNG

Note:
I'm currently looking for cool Names for these two Units.

How about Gunslinger for the first one? 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Cooper's hawk is a North American bird hunter but the UEF already have a Cooper. Goshawk for the AA gunship?

Gunslinger and Goshawk are good names
Maybe we can collect some Names First and Vote after that. maybe there are some other good Names in the mind of other Players here.

This sounds and looks freaking amazing!

If I may throw in my two cents for the Missile Gunship name:
Avenger

And for the T3 AA Gunship:
Akula

(Or the other way around. xD)

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Second one is a Strider for sure

Hey, @CDRMV
I checked out the mod and it seems super awesome and in-depth
Though, as awesome as it is... I do have a small concern.

It took a very long time to obtain points.
Even with adjustable time and the lowest timings available to start collecting points,
it took quite a while to get anything out of them.

I played with some buddies and we all agreed that it felt like we only got a point every 15 seconds or so.
We tried different things from destroying buildings and units to gathering reclaim and whatnot, but it was all the same.

Is there a guide or something?
We all looked around in the in-game UI and saw nothing of the sort on obtaining points faster.
Nothing on this post, here, either.

Are we missing something, here?
How do we obtain points faster?

Thanks!

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey @comradestryker,
The Point Generation for both Managers is currently using a 1 Point per 3 Seconds System. That means with each 3 Seconds you will get 1 Point automatically transfered from your HQ. However I plan to expand the Point Generation with some new additional Options to get more Points and to adjust the Standard Rate directly:

4 new Lobby Options (2 for each Manager) where the Player is able to Set the Point Generation Interval and Rate for each of the two Managers directly. For example 3 Points per 3 Seconds or 2 points per 1 Second and so on.
I will Work on a New Patch now, which introduce this.

For these two following options:
I will need to find a way how to Link it with the two Managers to get it to work.
But I will looking into it.
A new Building for each Faction which is able to generate additional Points over the time.

An Point Buff Kill System:
That means if you kill several different amounts of Units you will get additional Points.

Of course any of these Options above are needing to be Balanced or Limited carefully. The Manager should be always used as an Assistent for the Player to Support his Armys or ACU with additional Units as Reinforcements and/or with additional Fire Support. That means the Managers are Not Designed for to replace the regular Base/Unit Building of the Game.

I'm always open for any Kind of Suggestions regarding to this or any other topic of this Mod.
So If you have any Ideas or wishes to the Options above or to other Elements/Content of the Mod feel free to share them. 😉

Hello everyone,

I have published a new Patch for the Commander Survival Kit on the FAF Modvault.

Version: 11

Lets see what is new:

Changelog

New Lobby Options:
4 new Lobby Options has been added to the Mod.
2 for each Manager

With these your are now able to set the Interval and Rate for the Point Generation directly.

843e9e06-c47a-4513-b3e5-0f81d0648edf-image.png

Avaiable Options are:

Interval:
1 Second
2 Seconds
3 Seconds

Rate:
1 Point
2 Points
3 Points

Standard values for both Managers are:
Rate: 1 Point
Interval: 3 Seconds

Keep in Mind:
I highly recommend if the Mod is played in Multyplayer/Survival Mode.
Each Player should use the same settings for Balancing Reasons and to make it fair for anyone.
So talk to the other players in advance about which settings you want to use for the match.

Mod Information Update:
The mod_info.lua and the Mod Description has been updated.
The Mod is now categorized as an Sim Mod.

About Loud:
The Second Loud Patch is still in Development.
It will fix the missing new Lobby Options in the Loud Lobby.
With the introduction of the 4 new Lobby Options for the Point Generation Rate and Interval.
The Point Generation itself doesn't work in Loud anymore.

The variables for the Wait time, Interval and Rate are getting an nil, because of the Missing new Lobby Options.
If all new Lobbyoptions are finally added to the Loud Lobby anything will work again.

Stay tuned for more Updates.

Best regards
CDRMV

Here are a few more new Model previews:

UEF Tech 2 Missile Gunship.
A lighter Version of the Tech 3 Missile Gunship located on Tech 2.

Needs a Name.

c92bffa6-9787-4715-94d2-79e4b3576fc7-image.png

UEF Ekranoplan
A new type of Naval Vessel, which is fast and armed with Long Range Cluster Missiles.

Techlevel:
Tech 3 or Experimental

Needs a Name.

24af72a9-f5f9-4102-b398-f32279df5bb6-image.png

736c296a-ecf9-4566-8af9-4d02547ccbac-image.png

Regarding to Loud:
The Issue with the Missing Lobby Options in Loud has been fixed.
The Fix will be included in the next upcoming Loud Update, which will be released today.
So you can check Out the new Lobby Options in Loud today.
Make Sure to Check the Loud Client for an Update until tomorrow.

A small Loud Patch of the Commander Survival Kit is still in Development, which will fix the uneven Prices for several Reinforcements and Fire Support Solutions in Loud.

Stay tuned for it.
Best regards
CDRMV