2 year old bug: lose player control when a player dies/leaves

This was a new problem over the past two years only, when a player is defeated I am losing control of units for a period as long as 5 seconds. I just lost my com in a match to this as a tele-mazer was at maximum range and I could have easily outran his range, but because his teamate left the match right at that timing I was helpless to move to counter is range play vs my t1 PD ball nearby.

Please figure out why players are unable to control any units during the player leaving cycle, and remove this problem.

As a workaround, you can regain control immediately by clicking on your acu icon on the right.

Won’t get fixed because it’s the reason basically every dual gap game in the vault doesn’t desync.

It's not a bug, it was built in intentionally to reduce the amount of desynced replays and it works well for that. Pretty sure it halts the game for a short while though and doesn't just let it continue?

If this is a deliberate feature, the logical next step would be to force the game camera onto the acu - if that's what the player has to do to continue to be able to play the game?

What do you mean? The game continues as normal after some moments. There is no need for special player input

We could pause the game as a player leaves

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Nice Jip, I think that would be useful. Of course it's not ideal, but probably better or at least more fair to pause during lose of control.

I always just quickly hover over the top menu buttons (no click needed). That also fixes it.

thx spooky, thats handy. i always clicked the marker symbol and canceled the marker again. 2 clicks vs no clicks:P

@jip one of my old mods xd

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@jip said in 2 year old bug: lose player control when a player dies/leaves:

We could pause the game as a player leaves

I vote for this.

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!