Proper mute functions

Just a reminder, this game needs proper mute functions, dead teammates are still a menace, and you can't report them to mods for annoying you. Mostly need to mute markers, then pings.

Jip asked where would the UI be, and my answer is just make muting in the chat options mute everything from that player.

UI wise - Could add a mute player button in the diplo menu.

Would wash the feet of the dev that lets me whitelist whose pings and markers I see

@ftxcommando said in Proper mute functions:

Would wash the feet of the dev that lets me whitelist whose pings and markers I see

This to be honest.

Dont really care about banter in chat.
Pings... Pings where drama is at.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

@snagglefox said in Proper mute functions:

it would be funny that muting someone is done from diplomacy menu, but I suggest instead adding mute button to scoreboard next to every player's name

There is an experimental muting UI mod made by eternal, forgot the name, did a great job at muting most of the annoying stuff

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

https://github.com/FAForever/fa/issues/3456 this is already a Issue on the FA Repo 🙂

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@mach said in Proper mute functions:

@snagglefox said in Proper mute functions:

it would be funny that muting someone is done from diplomacy menu, but I suggest instead adding mute button to scoreboard next to every player's name

I don't think the scoreboard would be a good location given that there are various scoreboard mods people use. Whereas the diplo menu is afaik never really touched by any mods.

Hopefully a mute option is something that would be used as a last resort, and it would be difficult/impossible to click it by accident

If you make it too easy for people to mute someone by clicking on the scoreboard, we will get 200-rated noobs muting their friends by accident and not knowing what to do

mods can adapt, some mods also hide the diplomacy window by default (ex. ui party that I use), and idk how many players even know about diplomacy itself to see they can mute someone at all, meanwhile scoreboard is always there

confirmation "are you sure you want to mute, you won't be able to receive messages/pings from x player" also works to prevent accidentally muting someone, making it difficult to use is not the solution to it, muting should also only last for duration of the match btw, not become FAF-wide mute like foeing is

maybe pings and chat should be separately mutable, some people spam pings but not chat, so you won't lose all communication with them

I'm not sure where to put it yet, but the idea is to:

• Muting of text
  • Muting of the ping sound
  • Muting of the ping entirely

This is on our radar and I'd love to get my feet washed by Ftx when it is ready.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I for one welcome our feet washing overlords.