Ideas for Mercy changes

If game was hitscan mercies would be fine. Annoying but fine. Game isn't hitscan.

@mach which mobile AA did you have? just one maa to how many mercies?

uef, I watched replay again and the reason was that one of mercies that got shot down first blocked shots from maa trying to hit the mercies behind it with its falling wreck (why don't falling wrecks take damage?)

another reason is that maa often can't turn around and start shooting fast enough to hit the mercies as they come in before they turn into an untargetable swarm, also even with target priorities it is abusable to make it turn to wrong direction before mercies arrive and having no time to turn back before they are already untargetable

Apparently flaks arent providing even slightest resistance because you can just mercie it.

Skill issue

Flaks can also be actively distracted by sending some other air units ahead of the mercies

Make mercies as inaccurate/dodgeable/AoE as other T2 fighter bombers and bump their HP up a bit. Make them essentially equivalent to 1 or 2 regular fighter/bomber passes, but cheaper. It'd make them less cancerous for snipes, therefore they would no longer need to have nil HP which prevents then being used for anything other than anti-exp or snipes.

mercies can alredy miss.

sure they're not as easy to dodge as corsairs but they can be dodged.

a cloud of 100 t1 air scouts is always going to distract AA sufficiently to get any snipe you desire.

Mercies (in their current state) cannot miss or be dodged. The projectiles track much quicker than an ACU moves

@deribus i can only guess im conflating false memories with the times shields have gotten in the way. some chance to miss would be good. as hard as dodging multiple corsairs/nothas.

AoE good. DoT not.

If someone can make a mod where the mercy doesn't have an activation and just straight flys into the target and blows up I'd appreciate it. I tried turning down the range of the weapon and it really messes with it in the stock form, I think under 9 range.

If just like the range to be 0 or really short and up the HP.

can't we nerf it simply by reducing damage? it's got a really nice feel to it.

It's not really useful as it, nerf the damage it probably won't ever be used

how about the opposite of a mercy, but still a mercy.... way more health, way less damage, lower mass cost, still explodes and dies with current animation.

i love the feel of the animation and damage, i just wonder if it would still be satisfying if the numbers were flipped.

What would be the use case of such a unit over T1 bombers?

How far out can a t1 bomber be relied on to drop a bomb and do damage? Mercy range is 25 irc

I'm not sure flipping health and damage solves the problem of mercy snipes. The current situation feels oppressive, I think, because any counterplay to mercies needs to be preventative, there is no mitigation possible. Other air snipes give you a small time window to dodge and bring AA or inties to help, but you get no such chance at saving yourself with mercies. And since one can use spread-attack to force air units to clump, requiring many more mercies for a snipe doesn't help with what I described and would only amount to a cosmetic change, at least from this point of view, I think.

This post is deleted!