Gifting your ACU to a teammate.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Each ACU gets a temporary super mode similar to Quake/Doom

Cybran - 4x damage
UEF - 4x shield
Sera - 4x firing rate
Aeon - 4x vision and regen

Temporary gifting of units that return back after a set period of time.

ACUs can be upgraded arms from dead ACUs.

Bringing in the Hunker ability for ACU's from SupCom 2.
I disliked the game but I can't deny that that feature was pretty cool, though.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@comradestryker said in WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas:

Bringing in the Hunker ability for ACU's from SupCom 2.
I disliked the game but I can't deny that that feature was pretty cool, though.

~ Stryker

What ability is that?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas:

Hunker ability for ACU's from SupCom 2.

When activated the unit "kneels down" and creates a protective shield around itself, reducing incoming damage by 50%. It is not possible to move, use weapons or activate abilities whilst hunkered down. You also cannot be healed

https://supcom2.fandom.com/wiki/Hunker

That is quite possible to make.

@jip Already done, we had this for many years in LOUD - it's grossly unrealistic, and overpowered. We removed it about three years back.

I dont really see how it would be op, especially if you assign some cost to it like making it an upgrade. If youre getting sniped half the time youre better of dodging anyway, and in a battle it means u cant oc while in this mode.

Finally some decent counter to telemazer kappa

I don't think allowing heavily upgraded commanders with some vet to survive a direct nuke is a good idea

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

A realistic scenario

Isn’t the whole point to just make snipes more difficult? I’d argue it’s already closer to being too hard to recover from a lost position than it is to do damage from it in FAF so I fail to see what would even be gained by implementing it.

Make it a back upgrade...

Reduce the effectiveness of it to -25% damage reduction.

Add an energy cost requirement (say about -300 E) to run and bam, there you go.

If you E stall, you're just kneeling down but still taking all 100% of damage... so don't stall.

Make it so it takes time to kneel down and get up and a cool down so the ability can't be spammed as soon as you stand up...

Balance!

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@thewheelie

If it doesn’t explicitly replace some of the late game upgrades that give huge HP pools like cloak and double Sera nano then I can easily see it happening, although I guess nukes tend to target the bases further back which are less likely to have combat upgrades for commanders

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@zeldafanboy said in WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas:

If it doesn’t explicitly replace some of the late-game upgrades that give huge HP pools like cloak and double Sera nano then I can easily see it happening, although I guess nukes tend to target the bases further back which are less likely to have combat upgrades for commanders

The ability could also be replacing a different upgrade slot...left or right arms perhaps?
Or... better yet, (in my opinion)... could be granted to the Commander at gate-in.
Though its activation would be limited by an energy storage cap, similar to Overcharge - needing 20K? 25? 30K? power in storage to be activated. And a heavy energy cost to keep running.

There are multiple ways to add an ability into a game and keep it balanced.

• Stats
  • Resource Costs
  • Maintenance Costs
  • Tradeoffs
  • etc.

Though adding it would alter gameplay a tad. Perhaps you get a winning fight and you have an enemy commander on the run with no backup. They're guaranteed to die... until they hunker buying themselves time for their backup forces to arrive, etc.

Though, either way, I'm up for new stuff.

This ability would alter ACU combat a bit in the sense of showcasing that the ACU is and should be one of the most powerful units on the battlefield.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Time for ur backup force to arrive so you sit and do nothing and let enemy surround ur ACU? The only way this works the way u want it to work is by removing sniping as a reality in the game. Instead how it will actually be used is to abuse it with OC micro by getting enemy units to clump and then u get out to instantly kill something like a group of ilshies. Don’t see the point in making defense even better in the game.

I'm not going to make this for the base game. I just stated it was possible. I also don't think it will add any real value for the majority of the situations.

This post is deleted!