Ethereal FAF Client 2.0

I really like many of your ideas. The search is really cool. Shame you prefer to work on your own client šŸ˜ž Maybe some day the feature will swap over...

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@brutus5000 said in Ethereal FAF Client 2.0:

Maybe some day the feature will swap over

You`ve got @MarcSpector that adapts features for official client šŸ˜ƒ

Do you need a feature for slideshow to watch background images while suffering without games?

84808701-458a-4deb-a338-8ae984d69b68-image.png

2.0.7.1 Part 1

https://github.com/Eternal-ll/Ethereal-FAF-Client/releases/tag/2.0.7.1

Changelog:

• UI customization
  • Connection fixes
  • User-Friendly settings
  • Remember last chose in map generation
  • Respect fa_path.lua paths

At this rate of improvements and upgrades I fully expect the Ethereal FAF client to become fully sentient and self aware within a few years...

@laconic said in Ethereal FAF Client 2.0:

At this rate of improvements and upgrades I fully expect the Ethereal FAF client to become fully sentient and self aware within a few years...

A few years???? šŸ˜°

I was thinking about some hidden idle game to click around while waiting in the lobby/queue šŸ‡

On a serious note, really nice work.

I just love the circleless/borderless logo you are going for, 100x better than the current one

FAF Website Developer

2.0.7.2 Part 2. Live replays and more

https://github.com/Eternal-ll/Ethereal-FAF-Client/releases/tag/2.0.7.2

Changelog:

• Fix games sync
  • Fix game launch
  • Live replays. No limit on game instances
  • Add dynamic game cards for different modes
  • Fix authorization with token
  • Add FAF Ice 3.2.0

Plans:

1. ??? Reserved for stability XD
  2. Maps
  3. Mods - full support of dependencies/conflicts/... the whole config support
  4. Chat

Really nice work Eternal. I love seeing all the updates you keep pumping out.

I thought I'd mention Avalonia. It's an open source, modern alternative with a lot of benefits over WPF. WPF apps can also be relatively easily ported over to Avalonia. I bring it up as a fellow .Net developer that hates working with WPF so maybe you'd be interested too lol

Keep up the awesome work!

@snugglefox Yeah, some one probably mentioned it for me in 1.0 topic, the problem is, i am not experienced at it, and it will require a lot of effort to just port i`ve got so far. I have no idea how i will be able to continue any development on Avalonia platform and you still able to run wpf with Wine. It will also require different UI libraries

Yea, it would definitely be a bit of work and learning. Just thought it worth mentioning. Maybe I'll give making my own client a shot with it eventually ^_^

@snugglefox I will give you all required libraries šŸ˜ƒ

@eternal
The default background should be your Personal UI Waifu mod xD

i still dont get it that "Lobby" and "Chat" are two diffrent things. makes no sence.

@hoschmosch FAF running two servers

1. Lobby-server with games and players for playing
  2. IRC-chat server with IRC-users for communicating

By default, player and IRC-user synced, so client provides lobby information about typical chatter. Country, ratings, game, everything provided by lobby. Chat just give us a place to talk and use chat channels.

Thats the reason you can use any external IRC-chat program to connect to faf chat, that`s the reason you can connect bridge to #aeolous from official discord

Currently official client is too dependent on IRC-char server, it cant provide normal interaction with players if it is gone (example is last time when irc chat wont connect to anyone on start and players were blind)

The simple and user-friendly solution is provide alternative source of players (from lobby-server) to interact with in case the chat is off.

I am still thinking, but additional page will make things much simpler, the players page will give you full access to API. Chat will do it work