Make single Units without destroying queue

When you just need one or two units, but you already have an infinite queue in place, you have to destroy the queue in order to make some non repeatable units.

This can be especially annoying if you got a t1 land spam setup, and then an enemy bomber flies over your base and you just need a few mobile AA.

Maybe there's a UI mod somewhere that does this?

Make more than 1 factory

You can tell the assisting factory to make 1-2 units without breaking the orders in the lead factory

I've always just hit stop, queue the unit then add around 30 of the tanks again, that gives you time to remake your repeat again

0016b5ab-d721-495e-aba2-38639ea200b0-image.png

this hotkey can also be usefull

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

@luke113 had idea about this one, i will take a look

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Another way to go about this is to enable Draggable Build Queue in Options > Interface. This allows you to add units to your existing queue then move them to the front so they build next while keeping your existing queue intact. The only thing you need to do if your existing queue is on repeat build is to delete the units you added from the queue once they're built.

Meh, same workaround as with drag queue but it seems to be working: pulling last item after first one FQF.gif

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@arma473 That's what I've been doing as a workaround.

It requires more than one factory though, which isnt always possible. The assisting factory also has to share the same rallying point. And if it gets destroyed it cancels all of the assisting factories.

Sometimes I build additional factories just so I am able to have factories that are on an infinite queue while others are not. Goes to show how needed this feature is.