BlackOpsFAF-Unleashed only for FAF v24

@Uveso Is this mod still up to date on the FAF client? I can't see a version number on there,

And Lambda seems to be broken 😞

@Levily2

yes the Black Ops FAF version is the latest one.

When you say Lambda is broken, what unit do you mean ?
Is the lambda in the Black Ops ACU mod working ?

@Uveso After some quick testing, it does seem to work? Sort of, an experimental lambda PD couldn't block a tech 1 Tank Hunter Mobile PD from UEF.

And even the ACU or lambda bots don't do it consistently,

the Lambda blocking only 1 shot out of 10 or so, and the ACU every third shot?

But most importantly, it doesn't have any visuals, for none of them.

I quickly tried to check in code what could be wrong, and in for example BSB0001_Script.lu, on line 8 it imports seraphimunits.lua, but that file didn't exist in my install

Great work guys, love it!

@Levily2

well, i found the issue. Had to go back to october 2016.

The Lambda defence was changed by icedreamer in 2016.
First the Lambda was defending 100% of all projectiles.
After the patch it only deflect 5-30% of the projectiles depending on the unit.

This was the patch:
https://github.com/aeoncleanse/Mods/commit/a13d536ecddbd24a697ee9d7732f634b69e9892f#diff-0e3f7a0c9511aade8883d320fb0ca2d44a6b5bb93c40afd86ead5503d6ba8546

I checked the code for more errors, but the code itself is running as designed.
So there is no error, it was a balance decision to reduce the reflect rate of the Lambda field.

[edit]
The file seraphimunits.lua can be found in:
\Mods\BlackOpsFAF-ACUs\hook\lua\seraphimunits.lua
and in the original game files in :
SupCom\gamedata\lua\seraphimunits.lua
(its packed inside the lua.scd file, rename the .SCD to .ZIP and you can unpack the archive)

I use the Lambda field in my mod for my survival, and I can confirm that it does stop projectiles - albeit irregularly. Which would be consistent with a 5-30% chance to trigger.
So that part works as it should i guess.

No visuals though.

@Uveso Oh sweet, then sorry for the false report!

But yeah, i distinctly remember from back then that there were visuals for lambda?

@Levily2

it wasn't a false report; compared to 2015, the Lambda has lost 95% effectiveness in some cases.
This was an absolute correct observation.

I'll take a look at the gfx later, although I'm not a graphics expert.

Cool! You're the best πŸ™‚

I know BlackOps hasn't really been touched in a while, but we've noticed that a recent patch broke the Aeon T3 tactical missile launcher (Purifier).

The recent Game Update 3738 makes reference to "(#3946) Fix damage of child projectiles, such as Cybran tactical missiles after they split"

I'm assuming it's a related problem since the Purifiers use child projectiles too.

To Recreate:

Build Aeon Purifier in any game.
Fire purifier at enemy structures.
Purifier will strike and appear to explode, but no damage to structures.

Thanks in advance

@Uveso to what repository can I make a pull request?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

v20 (21.Aug.2022)

• added missing translation tags in tooltip.lua
  • added german translation (translation by John kobo)
  • Unit bsl0310 (Lambda Equipped Assault Bot) Added StandUpright = true,
  • Unit bsb2402 (Seraphim Quantum Rift Archway) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Basic" to "RULEUTL_Experimental"
  • Unit bab1302 (Hydrocarbon Power Plant) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Basic" to "RULEUTL_Secret"
  • Unit beb4309 (Anti-Teleport Field Tower) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Advanced" to "RULEUTL_Secret"
  • Unit bab2404 (Artemis Satelite Control) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Secret" to "RULEUTL_Experimental"
  • Unit beb1302 (Hydrocarbon Power Plant) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Basic" to "RULEUTL_Secret"
  • Unit brb5205 (Advanced Air Staging Facility) Fixed Display.Abilities.
  • Unit bss0401 (Experimental Dreadnought) Changed Damage for weapon (Hu Strategic Missile Defense) from 30 to 30000.
  • Unit bra0309 (T3 Air Transport) Added missing transport capacity variable (Class1Capacity = 16,)
  • Unit bsa0309 (Tech3 Air Transport) Added missing transport capacity variable (Class1Capacity = 32,)
  • Unit bra0409 (Experimental Assault Transport) Added missing transport capacity variable (Class1Capacity = 20,)
  • Unit baa0309 (T3 Air Transport) Added missing transport capacity variable (Class1Capacity = 24,)
  • Unit bab2308 (Tactical Missile Launcher) fixed no damage on AMissileSerpentineProjectile

Hey, nice! Some of us still play BlackOps all the time, so thanks for the fixes. πŸ˜„

What do the changes to RULEUTL do anyways? Is that just UI stuff, or?

EDIT: NM. I found it in the wiki, thx.

@Doompants

thanks a lot for your feedback and error report!

I play Black Ops a lot but have never seen that the Aeon T3 Tactical Missile Launcher is doing no damage.
Hopefully i fixed it right πŸ˜„

@uveso OH I guarantee you you did. I blasted the hell out of our resident Aeon player who didn't expect it to be working. That'll teach them to read the forums. Lol.

As a fun note, this getting fixed just in time to coincide with the TMD changes is interesting, because we always thought the Purifier was a little bit too hard to stop if you stacked multiples up and fired them together, but the TMD buff has made it a little more reasonable to stop multiple purifiers, so win/win.

@Doompants

thank you a lot for the nice and appreciated feedback πŸ˜„

Always nice to check in once and a while and see this is still being played and somewhat maintained πŸ™‚

Love this, about to give it a spin again! For me there's no better way of playing this game

Is it possible to modify the experimental build times to align with FAF balance? It’s a little jarring with the vastly different build times of the Black Ops exps vs FAF exps.

Also attack drones on units don’t seem to be working.