Patch 3732 - 3735

It's an intended behavior that was introduced in this patch: http://patchnotes.faforever.com/3720.html#oc

yes but was it intended to affect shields that are even only just covering the other unit that is overcharged ?

oh just to add in the replay the overcharge kills the Athanah several shots before the Othuum is destroyed

If OC depletes the shield of a mobile shield then it kills it. Even if it does so with its AoE.

i mean did you look at the replay ? shieldgen is way outside of AcU and Oc aoe range but still dies (due to how it was coded i am guessing).

I noticed this more when gun coms are auto oc vs an army with some shields they die sometimes even when on the fringe of combat

No I did not, time stamp?

4:10 for the shield dying before the slipper

Patch day is closer and closer and I highly encourage everyone to play on the FAF Develop game type to find the last issues. A gentle reminder that the average performance is a lot better than the performance on the FAF game type.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

For some reason there is a visible border surrounding ingame chat

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

The only issues I have seen are:

1. The new Auto balancer sometimes does not place the players in the matching slots in game as they were in the lobby.
  2. Sometimes players have to re X in the lobby, (host sees them as not X when are have X).

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

@Penguin_ ^, see the feedback of thecore.

@nullptr I've always had that, I thought it was the default.

@thecore said in Patch 3732:

The new Auto balancer sometimes does not place the players in the matching slots in game as they were in the lobby.

Do you ever have that issue when spawns are fixed and you did not use the minimap to swap slots?

pfp credit to gieb

@Penguin_ When it happened to me I hosted a game using default settings, everyone joined, clicked balance and stated the game. @phong looks like was also able to recreate the bug. Some more tests are needed here.

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

This post is deleted!

@snagglefox I think the issue with the Yolo is fixed 🙂

I started hosting the Dev. version a few days ago, and the auto-balance features with rating display are amazing beyond words. My lobbies average 1k, so I can't speak to gameplay balance, but I did feel like the Swiftwind was substantially downgraded, though I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes. Regardless, all the little details are amazing, looking forward to the roll out.

Do you have a replay of the swiftwind feeling weaker?

@jip said in Patch 3732:

Do you have a replay of the swiftwind feeling weaker?

Looking through my replays, just the one is Dev. version. The others are regular, which definitely colored my impression. Coupled with still learning my air game (bad turns, overestimating the unit), I'm going to chalk this up to 'jumping the gun'. I will make a point of noting stuff as I play, rather than sitting on it for a week+ (so busy playing that I hadn't even thought of feedback as I go).

https://replay.faforever.com/16834110 - 13:40; 5 Swifty vs. 10 Intie, not even close

@immortal-d it's not 5 vs 10, it's 5 swifties vs 20 inties xd. Also the turn you did made the swifties not shoot well at all so, swifties arent weaker. But dont worry! You'll learn with practice!

FAF Website Developer

Swiftwinds have always lost to mass equivalent value in ints.

Is there a reason why reclaim doesn't die to splash damage anymore?