Games that result in moderation action should be unrated.

After losing rating due to a teammate throwing and trying to kill our highest rated player, I was thinking maybe we should make it so if someone is kicked from a game, it should be unrated. IK rating is not everything, but its just annoying to have to deal with a rating lose from some dick.

Not possible. You can’t just go back 2 months in your rating history and unrate a game. You would then have to re-rate every game that every player in that match played since then, and every game of every player in every one of those matches… and so on.

Same reason why you will never be awarded points by moderators. Just keep playing and it will even itself out.

Yea i see what you are saying and in the end i understand it will just even out. However im more talking about live games, so if a mod disconnects a player during a game it unrates it. Just as it would unrank it if someone desyncs. Might still not be possible but worth asking.

I'm not sure if moderators eject people from live games at the moment - I'm not sure if that is possible

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in Games that result in moderation action should be unrated.:

I'm not sure if moderators eject people from live games at the moment - I'm not sure if that is possible

It is possible but rarely used.

I don't think it would be desireable to have games unranked where a moderator kicked someone. It would create a strong incentive to find a moderator to do the kicking for you whenever a connection problem occurs.
The rating system is robust enough to adjust to the occasional "unfair" game, so you won't lose any rating in the long run anyway.

@spikeynoob said in Games that result in moderation action should be unrated.:

After losing rating due to a teammate throwing and trying to kill our highest rated player

As frustrating as this is, we have to accept that in this world some people are just dicks. Maybe they had a bad childhood sadly. In my thousands of FAF games though i'd say this has been seen by me maybe twice so don't sweat it, just fire up another game 🙂

@Jip it just happened yesterday, thats what caused me to create the post. In the end i think i agree that the rating lose does not mean much and it would lead to more abuse if it was a way to unrank a game. Im just salty ig lol.

A moderator kicking someone from a live game is a very rare occurrence. On top of that not all the circumstances for that are the same, often it is a dead player spectating that gets connection issues.

The payback for implementing some weirdly specific rule set for when a game should be unrated if a moderator kicks someone from a live game, just doesn't exist.