4v4 map list

Hello, the team that is creating a list of maps for games 1-1, 2-2,4-4. Please tell me we have so few maps, why are the same maps every month, why can't we put new maps??? Why, again in the list of games Seton, monument valley and so on

There aren't that many good 4v4 maps out there. They require quite a bit of effort to make, and before the 4v4 tmm you had a guarantee that they wouldn't get played anyhow.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

What is wrong with Setons and monument Valley?

Ras Boi's save lives.

I talked to the team about this to not repeat maps (10x10 specifically), 20x20 not many options so we had to repeat a few.

@haachamachama said in 4v4 map list:

I talked to the team about this to not repeat maps (10x10 specifically), 20x20 not many options so we had to repeat a few.

Is the team only searching for pure 4v4 maps? Or also 5vs5/6vs6 with open slots?

For example, a 2v2 map can still be played as a 1v1.

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

@h-master We search for any maps regardless of the number of slots as long as they're playable for 4v4.

in my opinion there are many good cards in size 20-20. you just have to look for them among the trash

we already did and we compiled a lot of maps, but im not the one who chooses maps for 4v4, only 2v2

@haachamachama

Alright, will send you a pm for a personal suggestion.

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

We had a couple notable authors such as biass and Mad Mozart hide and unrank all their maps, plus some by Chosen which cost us over 30 maps to use for 1v1, 2v2, 4v4....

I don't want to get into the detail as to why they chose to do this but we simply do not have a lot of people capable of making maps to a level where the quality is good enough to use them for pools that hundreds of players partake in.

If you want to see more maps, I highly recommend learning to make them and add to the list.

You should use my maps (joke they aren't really made for 4v4)
I'm gonna make couple 4v4 maps coming days and they'll be great

@morax said in 4v4 map list:

I don't want to get into the detail as to why they chose to do this but we simply do not have a lot of people capable of making maps to a level where the quality is good enough to use them for pools that hundreds of players partake in.

Looks like council or association once again hiding shit happening to faf.

Ras Boi's save lives.

@noonecares said in 4v4 map list:

We hid it in this forum post.

At least Mozart felt like he had to remove his maps because of this change. We, as the vault team, think it is wrong for a map author to be able to leverage the rating system to force a player to play some version of a map. Best to read the topic.

I suspect Chosen did it for the same reason.

Biass removed his maps for other reasons - I'm sure that is somewhere publicly available too.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

The thread doesn't say anything about mozart and chosen unranking their maps though. Two prominent mappers unranking all their maps does seem like it should be a newsworthy event. I didn't know about it until morax post.

@jip said in 4v4 map list:

We hid it in this forum post.

At least Mozart felt like he had to remove his maps because of this change. We, as the vault team, think it is wrong for a map author to be able to leverage the rating system to force a player to play some version of a map. Best to read the topic.

I suspect Chosen did it for the same reason.

Biass removed his maps for other reasons - I'm sure that is somewhere publicly available too.

This is not the whole story: we also had an incident where someone on the matchmaker team used and older version of a map because they saw it as "the better version." To the map-maker, this was not communicated and they felt like it should have been. It turned out that the map-maker DID NOT like this and it became a bit of a hectic thing.

Was the matchmaker team wrong in doing this? Not necessarily, although I think some communication beforehand should have been conducted.

To me, we have so little talent in good map-making that a better set of discussions should have been made, and the result is now the loss of a lot of content.

@NoOneCares that is my 2 cents. Others disagree with me but I think more communication would have been better.

There is more to the events that led up to this with Chosen's maps along some other authors not mentioned. My message to the community is this: please respect those who work on this project, keep in mind it is not paid for in any way, and we will flourish.

Is there a dedicated place in forum to see the 4v4 pool, and/or to provide feedback, similar to the stickied 2v2 thread?

We will make one and link it in the new thread containing all the MatchMaker pools

Adaptive Crateria. I don't like this map (sorry Morax) because of 2 things:

1. textures (looks depressive :D). But that's just personal taste so nvm
  2. Early t1 air fights for these crystals fields which are too concentrated and also located too close to mexes. So loosing your transport/engies hurts too much, because your lose both reclaim and mexes, and it's very hard to compete in eco after that.

My sugesstions:
Screenshot_1.png

Also textures on Adaptive Kusoge are so painful for eyes, mb it's just me idk. Anyway Petric is afk, so unlikely it will be fixed.

Hmmm... I moved the crystals quite a bit already as I learned something: if any area is filled with any kind of prop / reclaim you cannot drop units there. This problem is most noticed on "Adaptive Pyramid" by Blue_Owl where you have a lot of trouble dropping an engineer on one of the tall plateaus along the sides...

I will consider this.

Sorry for the "depressing" textures / theme but really want to add some biomes to the maps as everything is either red, lush green/tropical, or desert - so boring!

I've been quite open in my statement that the upper management of FAF are filled with limp wristed, sociopathic rat-swine and I decided that I did not want my hard work associated with such an entity. What did you assume had happened?

To the point of the OP though, I never made any 4v4 maps of particular merit. I usually made 1v1 / 2v2 / 3v3 maps.

I'm sure there are plenty of maps you could find if you spent an hour looking, you just need to lower your expectations from assuming maps will be triple A quality.

"He does it for free" after all.