Small suggestions topic

Suggestion: infinite build button for movable experimentals.

Result: the builder will Keep trying to build a new experimental on the same spot.

There is a key combination for it I believe, but a button is probably easier to find.

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

@jip said in Small suggestions topic:

This is added by the extended ringing feature. You can right click a t1 point defense to add walls.

Not at all the same

Can't be queued with PD, can't be dragged, and doesn't demonstrate to new players the template system

How does shipping a template demonstrate the template system? I think Thomas' argument is very valid that it is better to teach to fish than giving people a single fish.

"I have a button for T1, T2, T3, and Experimentals. Hey what's this new button? A template? Wow! I didn't know those existed! I should ask how to make those"

For team score, it occurred to me last night the easiest place to display these might be in the observers/waiting text box?

alt text

I think Kyro's lobby just prints it as text in the chat, we could also take that approach.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in Small suggestions topic:

Same for the suggestion of @wikingest / @arma473 . Please keep a tab on the license of the sound.

Jip we can talk. This week. But there is a good possibility we wouldn’t need to worry. As there are two nuke launcher VO in the game. But 1 is unused.

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

Some ui improvements (not necessarily small suggestions but i'll post them anyway):

• Make live replays tab background like https://puu.sh/ID0mp/be76fb4c07.png instead of https://puu.sh/ID0lX/89e099d628.png to improve visibility. Should do the same for the leaderboards tab.
  • Add more data to the leaderboards, like rating and win percentage
  • Add some indication of the current game time of people playing a game in the userlist. Right now it shows you the map and the swords to see that they're in a match but there is no way of telling how long the game has been going on for aside for manually searching for the game in the live replays tab (where you don't have an input field to search for something). So preferably somewhere in this popup window https://puu.sh/ID0pW/347c5f15ef.png it shows you the ingame time and/or somewhere in the personal chat window https://puu.sh/ID0qk/b9bbf4348b.png

those are suggestions for @Sheikah

@h-master said in Small suggestions topic:

Suggestion: infinite build button for movable experimentals.

Result: the builder will Keep trying to build a new experimental on the same spot.

There is a key combination for it I believe, but a button is probably easier to find.

I looked into the hotkeys but could not find anything related to that. Can you tell us the combination, please?

One of my biggest requests is to be able to see friendly Radar bubbles. When you build a radar you can see the outline of the area it effects on your map but if a friendly can has built a radar, even though that radar works for me and I can see things inside their radar, I would love to be able to see the radius of their radars as well, as I often times find myself building radars where they aren't entirely needed as I don't know where my teammates Radars area of effect is.

So basically in short, I would love to be able to see the out line of the area of effect of friendly radars as well as my own.

Is it just me or 90% per cent of time GCs dont know how to use the gravity pulling arms?
Some GC are heroes who pull shit to them but most never use that =\

Also "allied nuclear lauch detected" as a new sound effect would be nice

In the vault there is a mod called "chat beep lite" which plays you a small "beep" whenever your allies write something in chat. At least for me, it hugely helps to actually read chat and coordinate with allies in hectic games.
As I'm seemingly not the only one that sometimes has trouble reading chat, integrating that into the main game options would be great 🙂

When a player dies on full share and their based gets transferred to the highest score person on your team, could there be an option to accept or decilne their stuff and then it goes to the next person, or maybe a vote?

Or at least a notification that the units went to you, sometimes you are deep in battle and not paying attention.

Or a lobby option that splits units equally so as to not give one person crazy eco, but maybe that is too much to implement since this is meant to be small suggestion.

@macdeffy said in Small suggestions topic:

Or at least a notification that the units went to you, sometimes you are deep in battle and not paying attention.

Or a lobby option that splits units equally so as to not give one person crazy eco, but maybe that is too much to implement since this is meant to be small suggestion.

It should even be possible to give the notification BEFORE the units go. As soon as the player dies, they stop being able to "gift" units/buildings.

So the game should be able to tell exactly what you stand to inherit. The game could even tell you the mass value of what you stand to inherit so you can quickly understand how much you're getting, whether it's something important or not.

When you select an old replay to watch, if any UI mods are active, put up a dialog box asking the player if they want to turn off all UI mods for this replay. If the user chooses that, those UI mods will be re-enabled as soon as the replay ends. That way you don't have replays failing because of incompatible UI mods.

@jip This may already exist, but everyone asked didn't know, and if it doesn't exist it showed and from a programming perspective i think it should relatively easy.

A way to insert a build order at the beginning of the queue.

@quarterblack said in Small suggestions topic:

A way to insert a build order at the beginning of the queue.

Ironically this is quite difficult as we have little to no access to the command queue of a unit. It appears the original developers (GPG) never finished that part of the programming interface.

@arma473 said in Small suggestions topic:

When you select an old replay to watch, if any UI mods are active, put up a dialog box asking the player if they want to turn off all UI mods for this replay. If the user chooses that, those UI mods will be re-enabled as soon as the replay ends. That way you don't have replays failing because of incompatible UI mods.

This is related to the client (and not the game itself) - therefore out of my hands. I also do not anticipate it to be a small feature.

@rlo said in Small suggestions topic:

When a player dies on full share and their based gets transferred to the highest score person on your team, could there be an option to accept or decilne their stuff and then it goes to the next person, or maybe a vote?

@arma473 said in Small suggestions topic:

It should even be possible to give the notification BEFORE the units go. As soon as the player dies, they stop being able to "gift" units/buildings.

I can work on a notification. Anything more complicated (being able to say no, for example) means two things:

• You get a pop up during your precious ASF fight
  • It is no longer a small change

@kdrafa91 said in Small suggestions topic:

Is it just me or 90% per cent of time GCs dont know how to use the gravity pulling arms?

I've never had any issues. The colossus needs to be close enough.

@tcop969 said in Small suggestions topic:

One of my biggest requests is to be able to see friendly Radar bubbles.

I am not sure if this is possible. I'll ask KionX who is familiar with the decompiled C code.

@giebmasse said in Small suggestions topic:

Remove the guesswork and witch-hunting of "who is lagging" by storing more persistent connection quality data of the players per game session.

I am afraid we only have access to the ping of a player. Everything else is merely printed directly on screen. We could keep a track of the players ping for the last minute, that may make it easier to detect spikes (min / max ping past minute).

Things I'll be taken into account:

• Printing the team scores to the chat (host only)
  • Chat notification when an ally receives units
  • The repeat build hotkey being off
  • Replace radar sound

Add a button close to where player "x" which sends them a notification asking them to "x" when they are not ready (instead of having to go on the desktop, to tell them to x).