Questions about performance

Played a fafdevelop game where ACU upgrade after it should finish got stuck and acu was constantly -7 mass.

(I was assisting ACU with cybran t1 assault bot)

This error popped up in the log:

warning: Error running OnStartBuild script in Entity url0107 at 25034d08: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(901): attempt to call method IsUnitState' (a nil value) stack traceback: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(901): in function UpdateAssistersConsumption'
...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(971): in function UpdateConsumptionValues' ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(852): in function SetActiveConsumptionActive'
...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(2570): in function <...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua:2533>

@crotalus said in Questions about performance:

Played a fafdevelop game where ACU upgrade after it should finish got stuck and acu was constantly -7 mass.

(I was assisting ACU with cybran t1 assault bot)

This error popped up in the log:

warning: Error running OnStartBuild script in Entity url0107 at 25034d08: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(901): attempt to call method IsUnitState' (a nil value) stack traceback: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(901): in function UpdateAssistersConsumption'
...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(971): in function UpdateConsumptionValues' ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(852): in function SetActiveConsumptionActive'
...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua(2570): in function <...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\sim\unit.lua:2533>

Hi Crotalus, can you share the entire log and the replay ID?

edit: the error you provided is from a Mantis.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

And timestamp as to when it roughly happened? And to what player?

Ah, I think I understand what happened here. Thank you for sharing.

edit: found and understood the issue.

I'm still not sure if this applies to games with observers off (i.e. most of the games) at all.

Edit: woops, meant to post this in the other thread, sorry

@BlackYps You can continue the other discussion here:

@Jip In the same game that Crota reported, MaximusXXX said at 38:21 that he was able to build t2 navy despite the HQ being dead.

game_15190526.log

oh no 🙂

I'll look into that too - thank you for mentioning it.

@crotalus It is fixed - thank you for reporting it! This was also the issue @excelsior (discord) described and @Crotalus experienced during that replay.

@zwierzak The replay desyncs for me and that happens to be MaximusXXX . Can you describe what happened?

@utopian Thanks to KionX we may have found out what caused this crash. It will not be part of the next patch because its deadline is too close - but we'll certainly look at it. Again, thank you for reporting it.

@jip said in Questions about performance:

@crotalus It is fixed - thank you for reporting it! This was also the issue @excelsior (discord) described and @Crotalus experienced during that replay.

Is the fix live on the dev branch right now? Just wondering if I should warn people or not when hosting games.

The fix with the mantis is live - yes

I failed to reproduce MaximusXXX's error and the game now desyncs for me, too. Probably because of the Mantis fix.
However, while testing just now, I found new problems:

Game: #15195914
Timestamp: 20:00
Issue: UEF T1 Attack Bomber seems to do very little damage

Timestamp: 28:00
Issue: Cybran T2 Naval Support Factory auto-repairs VERY quickly

Log isn't much help, as I didn't have debug enabled. 😞

@zwierzak

Timestamp: 20:00
Issue: UEF T1 Attack Bomber seems to do very little damage

This is a known issue, it has to do with a change unrelated to performance. The Janus is hit hard too by that same change. Keyser is going to look at it this weekend.

Timestamp: 28:00
Issue: Cybran T2 Naval Support Factory auto-repairs VERY quickly

I'll look at it - thanks for reporting it.

Hello Jip, thank you very much for your work in the forum and the game. Thanks also to the team. I think it's great how the community helps with every question. That's what I wish for in every game.

Regarding the question, I have noticed a drop in performance in the game so far (1 - 2 players vs 4 AIs)

There is an issue with the current faf develop that was introduced yesterday. It causes a lot of warnings. It is fixed in about an hour 🙂 .

@Saver it should be stable now again 🙂 .

Thanks 🙂

Hallo zusammen, ich hatte zwei Patien hintereinander diesen Fehler,

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at address 0x0050dfd8
attempted to read memory at 0x0000005c

Program : C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
Cmd line arguments : /init init.lua /nobugreport /log C:\ProgramData\FAForever\logs\game_15248616.log /gpgnet 127.0.0.1:51021 /mean 1366.81 /deviation 289.003 /savereplay gpgnet://127.0.0.1:60541/15248616/Saver.SCFAreplay /country DE /numgames 8

Callstack:
Unknown symbol (address 0x0050dfd8)
Unknown symbol (address 0x0068af40)
Unknown symbol (address 0x2046e5fb)

Last 100 lines of log...

warning: GetResource: Invalid name ""
debug: Current gametime: 01:32:30
debug: Current gametime: 01:33:00
debug: Current gametime: 01:33:30
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff0274b) supplied in a pose update.
debug: Current gametime: 01:34:00
warning: Scanning: unit ["xsl0307"] has no MaxWeaponRange - "RNGAI Response BaseRestrictedArea"
warning: Scanning: unit ["xsl0307"] has no MaxWeaponRange - "RNGAI Response BaseRestrictedArea"
debug: Current gametime: 01:34:30
warning: Scanning: unit ["xsl0307"] has no MaxWeaponRange - "RNGAI Trueplatoon Large"
warning: Scanning: unit ["xsl0307"] has no MaxWeaponRange - "RNGAI Trueplatoon Large"
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff029fa) supplied in a pose update.
warning: Scanning: unit ["xsl0304"] has no MaxWeaponRange - "RNGAI Trueplatoon Large"
debug: Current gametime: 01:35:00
info: UI_MakeSelectionSet 1
debug: Current gametime: 01:35:30
debug: Current gametime: 01:36:00
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02abc) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02abd) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02abe) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ac1) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ac5) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ac7) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ac8) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02a90) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ace) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02acf) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ad0) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ad2) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ad3) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ad4) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02ada) supplied in a pose update.
debug: Loading module '\000/projectiles/aifquantumwarhead02/aifquantumwarhead02_script.lua\000'
info: Hooked /projectiles/aifquantumwarhead02/aifquantumwarhead02_script.lua with /mods/rks_explosions/hook/projectiles/aifquantumwarhead02/aifquantumwarhead02_script.lua
warning: ACU kill detected. Rating for ranked games is now enforced.
debug: Loading module '\000/effects/quantumwarhead/quantumwarheadeffect01_script.lua\000'
info: Sending game result: 8 score 1
info: GAMERESULT : \000score 1
info: Sending game result: 3 defeat -10
info: GAMERESULT : \000defeat -10
debug: Loading module '\000/projectiles/adfgraviton01/adfgraviton01_script.lua\000'
warning: Error running lua script: ...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\platoon.lua(4005): attempt to call method `GetLocationCoords' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\platoon.lua(4005): in function <...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx5\lua\platoon.lua:3995>
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02abc) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02abd) supplied in a pose update.
info: UI_Lua import("/lua/ui/game/confirmunitdestroy.lua").ConfirmUnitDestruction(false)
debug: Current gametime: 01:36:30
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02b78) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02b7b) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02b7c) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02b7d) supplied in a pose update.
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff02b7f) supplied in a pose update.

Das Spiel lief so lange gut, bis ich die Units von der besiegten ACU übergeben bekommen habe.

Spieleinstellung:
Team 1
1 xPlayer 3x Sorian AI VS 2 x RNGAI 2 x Sorian AI

Mods:
RKS Explosion
Graphicenhancement mod v1.1
RNGAI
Saver Fatboy2

Ich hoffe der Bericht hilft evtl. für den Patch.

Und nochmals vielen Dank für eure Arbeit an dem Game.