Best posts made by speed2
Have no fear speed is here!
this thread is meant to give you an overview of what is going on regarding the next game development/bugfix patch.
I will tag all Pull Requests for this patch with the 3718 milestones so you can easily filter and find them here.
The following changes are currently merged into the deploy/fafdevelop branch and thus available for public testing via the FAF client by playing the FAF Develop game mode:
- Improve BaseManager unit upgrades #3170 Coop related. Better options for AI to automatically upgrade ACU/sACU during the missions.
- Quantum optics facility fix #3174 Fix for broken vision entities that were not giving any vision (sera scout, uef arty, Coop missions, Rainmakers, etc...).
- Allow sending resources only to allies #3180 Fixed bug where you could send resources to your enemies.
- increase performance of table.empty and math.round #3184 Optimizing some Lua functions for better speed.
- Add option to hide resource markers on preview #3187 Support to hide resource markers from the lobby map preview, mostly for generated maps.
- UI Scaling fixes and improvements #3190 Fixes for UI scaling for various UI elements. Also fix for console missing a background.
- Reduce GetBlueprint() calls in weapons #3193 Refactor of weapons code for more speed2 (hehe).
- Remove useless GetBlueprint call #3195 Tiny code cleanup. Nothing interesting, but every bit helps.
- Improve build effects logic #3194 Code that handles UEF build effects was speed up. Also slightly changed behaviour when picking the build effects. Now the laser that goes at the edge of the build cube is properly shown only if the build cube exist. Before you would get it for any structure, even for other factions, or when assisting factories to build units, which looked weird.
- Simplify Sera effect flash at finished structure #3196 Code improvement for an old fix. The fix was for Sera structure build effect, at the very end, there's a flash that could be seen by enemy. While fixing this, Ive noticed there might be even more of these light flashes that can be seen by the enemy even without the vision. For example, when a unit is reclaimed, you can see the flash at the end of the reclaim effect even if you don't have a vision on that place. If someone feels adventurous, feel free to make a list of all these effects that should be fixed. (Since the fix is very simple.)
- Speed up Aeon shields death animation #3197 As title says, Aeon shield now turns into wreckage +- as the other factions, so you can start rebuilding it faster.
- Remove set up of build effect from TShield #3198 Just a small code improvement.
- Add link to the patchnotes to the changelog popup #3210 Changelog popup now has a button that links to the balance patchnotes that have some better description of why balance change XY happened and is good for you.
- Weather in Supreme Commander #3175 Huge code improvement for the weather effects. More info on how to use them on your map here.
- Fix for Sorian AI to be able to use support factories (#3173) It's in the title.
- Fixed unit cap displaying in coop #3213 Unit count is again displayed in coop as well.
Please test these changes by playing FAF Develop featured mod and report any bugs you find.
This post will be updated whenever new changes are merged and thus available for testing in the FAF Develop game patch.
If anyone is interested in testing PRs that are not yet merged then you can do so by following this guide.
Yes, pay with your soul
Vanilla supcom campaign wasnt designed to teach you play, and it wasnt designed to teach you play FAF at all. It was designed to slowly introduce units.
It would be much better to create a new campaign or missions with FAF balance in mind and clear things you wanna teach the player, it's possible to combine it with some sort of story so it's a still fun mission.
200% original icons https://mega.nz/file/lpAylBYJ#ULXA5vs4GYtpapADBWOd6lkDOTl68IUpZTjEyhLVu4c
dont get fooled by the name, it's just so the game loads it, since ASI is whitelisted
Place it here C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata
Some icons might be missing
By moving to Australia you trade -300 rating for +300 ping
I need someone with decent painting skills (and photoshop/gimp) to finish the UI scaling for the game. While I did everything code related, there are strategic icons that are not affected by the code and have to be redone manually.
BlackYps created a script to generate all the icons, once you have the basic shapes https://github.com/BlackYps/FAF-Icon-Generator
As it is right now, the script generates +- 125% scaled icons.
Now I need someone to make 150%, 175% and 200% to follow the options in the game.
What is takes is to play with the pixels and draw the basic shapes. You can find them in symbols.xcf, shapes.xcf and techmarkers.xcf files.
Once those shapes are done, the script uses them to generate the icons.
Weapons AOE ignores water, if it's in the range of the explosion it gets damaged.
Subs are in certain depth and they don't change it. And it is very close to the surface. Normally subs would be much deeper and AOE of those weapons would not affect them at all.