[BUG] Map doesn't expand on "Black day" mission (X1CA_01)

Hello,

After many years I wanted to try again that awesome game and I wasn't disappointed 🙂

However I encountered a bug on the first FA mission. I can destroy the Order basement and then protect the civilians, but then the map doesn't expand. The scenario keeps playing to a degree since I have to face a massive counter attack, but since the map didn't expand I can just stop it when it enters the combat zone. Apart from that the scenario stopped playing since no dialog is played and so on.

I was playing alone with the aeons on medium difficulty. Here is the log:
game_20354693.log

I had a quick look at the log and the script, it happens here:
Code.png

I made some modding once ago, but it's been really long since then, so I'm not sure, but my idea is that veterancy = 0 (which is the case in easy and medium difficulty) is not a valid index to call CreateArmyGroupAsPlatoonVeteran. CreateArmyGroupAsPlatoon should be used instead or veterancy should be set to at least 1 in easy and medium difficulty.

I haven't tested yet (it's getting late here...), so take my analysis with caution, but hopefully that can help.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you need anything else to analyse!

@Rezy-Noob

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Yeah, we are aware of the maps not expanding, it's been broken for the last 2 patches, it is also weird because sometimes the bug doesn't reproduce, but it might be because of the difficulty, never actually thought of it

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

Its caused by the changed veterancy system in the game patch

warning: Error running lua script: ...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\defaultcomponents.lua(612): attempt to perform arithmetic on local `experience' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
         	...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\defaultcomponents.lua(612): in function `AddVetExperience'
         	...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\defaultcomponents.lua(694): in function `SetVeterancy'
         	...rever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\scenarioutilities.lua(1208): in function `CreateArmyGroupAsPlatoonVeteran'
         	...ce\maps\x1ca_coop_001.v0028\x1ca_coop_001_script.lua(1991): in function `M3CounterAttack'
         	...ce\maps\x1ca_coop_001.v0028\x1ca_coop_001_script.lua(1548): in function <...ce\maps\x1ca_coop_001.v0028\x1ca_coop_001_script.lua:1465>

Hello,

So I finally tested a lazy fix that consists in setting veterancy to 1 instead of 0 at line 1987 of the script. It worked, I could play the mission normally up to the end.

I suppose it's not the way you might want to fix it, but those who want to fix the problem right now can do the same: at line 1987 of the script, replace "local veterancy = 0" by "local veterancy = 1".

Should be tackled with the following:

It will be included in the hotfix

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned