T2 Bombers

Are you not bored of playing games where if you use your com in any way shape or form other than hidding in water you just get sniped by t2 corsair, seriously lame gamplay.

was this not the very reason mercy was changed? to make using your com actually viable

and before they come on here saying skill issue bla bla I have seen 2k+ players deleted by corsair many times.

#23189663 heres a replay for fun

TML is a meme

The mercy was changed because it was difficult to properly intercept them. For this to be a problem with T2 bombers you need considerable more of them.

If your commander is at the front at minute 10 and you haven't gotten yourself a flak or two and/or a mobile shield, nor took the time to scout, then that's on you mate. On top of that, your commander was already at ~3k health, you were fighting beyond any sort of air cover, and your teammate above you was just sniped by corsairs but you didn't react to that until the corsairs were onto you already.

Sniping soft, overextended targets that don't have any AA is exactly what T2 bombers are made for. Just learn to bring 2 flak with you and build some scouts.

e350c834-e7dd-4511-85ae-7dfa6983710b-image.png

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

@IndexLibrorum in previous posts it was agreed that flak is not great against T2 bombers as the bombers do their damage before flak even engages them, flak only reduces the chances of a second or third run from the same unit. t1 inties are also bad against T2 bombers as they are slow and do low damage.

In order to survive a constant T2 bomber attack you need at least have nano multiple flak and shields or asf nearby that already have intel on the snipe way before it happens specialy on big maps.

previous arguements have stated that the balance means you need an equal investment in mass for AA and shields to survive a snipe attempt, I beleive this to be a bad idea as all players are focused on the fight in front of them, this means that to survive a snipe all players at all times in all games must always be over prepered for a snipe which is false thinking and ruins enjoyment.

secondly ignore balance and skill arguements, does anybody believe that having this mechanic in the game actually improve faf.

being able to spam a single unit and cheese win games within 10 mins adds quality to FAF?

another way to look would be to consider that the average cheese snipe game time is 10-12 minutes the average lobby time is about 30 minutes, making faf and actual lobby simulator.

TML is a meme

@caliber said in T2 Bombers:

@IndexLibrorum in previous posts it was agreed that flak is not great against T2 bombers as the bombers do their damage before flak even engages them, flak only reduces the chances of a second or third run from the same unit. t1 inties are also bad against T2 bombers as they are slow and do low damage.

As the bombers didn't get you on their first pass, but on their second or third, by your own argument you believe flak would have saved your life.

You weren't under 'constant T2 bomber attack', you were an overextended 3k HP com without AA in a game where your teammate was just airsniped and where you—10 minutes in—haven't scouted the enemy team even once.

If you think 8 T2 bombers in this situation is unfair, then I sincerely wonder what you think is a legitimate target for them. The bombers really aren't the issue here; they were exactly doing what they were made for. Take the L and queue for next game.

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

Also dodging.

Dodging can nearly nullify t2 snipes. You can effectively nullify notha and corsairs, and make janis' take much longer to kill you.

@indexlibrorum said in T2 Bombers:

As the bombers didn't get you on their first pass, but on their second or third, by your own argument you believe flak would have saved your life.
You weren't under 'constant T2 bomber attack', you were an overextended 3k HP com without AA in a game where your teammate was just airsniped and where you—10 minutes in—haven't scouted the enemy team even once.

several errors in your last comment.

No flak would not have saved me, flak only reduces the likely hood of multiple passes flak does not insta kill corsair sadly, second yoji was full health and had air support, still died because it takes a significant more investment to stop corsair attack.

I say constant attack because if you look at the game the corsair spammer doesnt just make 5 corsair and moves on with their life they are spamming them nonstop if i didnt die to first five then another 20 would have killed me.

and why focus on just me at least 3 coms died to corsair abuse in that game.

and you say overextended I was bearly over the halfway line.

I have another 50+ replays of make corsair = win game

If the hp is just lowered abit to make T1 air more useful or make the costs more you can still have your op com killing cheese unit, it just wont be as easy to abuse.

TML is a meme

@caliber If the screen shot from index is from the game you are mentionning i have only one thing to tell you :

SKILL ISSUE !!!

Hello scout exits and if you use them you would have know what to do.

@indexlibrorum said in T2 Bombers:

If you don't scout, danger can be anywhere. Not even the forums are safe.

3 acus dying corsairs in the same game is not a balance issue. Corsairs aren’t making more than a pass or two if you have flak and they’re easy to dodge. If you let yourself get to low hp on the front lines with no air coverage or flak + fail to dodge that’s not a balance issue that’s a skill issue. Hell I think there’s a stronger argument for slightly buffing corsairs so they consistently kill t2 mexes with two hits than there is for nerfing them. Don’t quote me on that last part I could be talking out my ass there.

let me get this right a 2000 a 1700 and a 1500 die to corsair and you all say skill issue?

or

occam's razor

T2 bombers are too easy to spam

TML is a meme

t2 bombers and frankly t2 air in general is op in teamgames, but this is not a game that exemplifies why it’s op at all. Flak exists to stop t2 bombers from getting several passes or building up, acu micro can cause the majority of the damage from first pass bombers to not hit, and you can use engineers to build shields or make mobile shields for your ACU. With good play this is a mass donation situation and beyond that, if enemy team has a dude rallying corsairs into your team and your team has zero advantage anywhere else, that’s also a player issue. You’re playing a slot down.

That is absolutely the case of skill issue despite rating.

Source: me, a 1.9k-2k player who has permanent skill issues every time I try to play