Aeon TMD are broken?

Yes they are broken. I was about to make a post too about it. They are ineffective at stopping tml's, so if you're aeon you are likely to get abused. People will do anything for a win. Certainly a win as soon as possible. Like the sooner they can win the better. Which is odd to me. The sooner you win, the sooner you'll be not playing the game. Which makes me question why join a game, host a game, or join tmm at all. Makes no sense.

@bottleofwater Points go up

I found the cause and fixed it. I can't do a release today, I'll try to do it tomorrow

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

See also the pull request on Github

single flare can now only stop three missiles

I like it

I cant wait to see how this plays out.

@jip The new beam effect is extremely cool

The changes are live.

@jip It seems a little inconsistent? Sometimes it'll only grab 2 tms, sometimes it grabs late, and sometimes it perfectly grabs 3 as soon as the tms enter the tmd's radius? Also does the falling missile debris inflict damage? I fit doesn't I think that'd be a neat addition. 🙂

Replay of me testing: https://replay.faforever.com/21321445

The debris deals no damage. Some debris can set trees on fire though.

When a flare intercepts a missile is largely unchanged (except for the cap). Not sure why it doesn't reliably intercept three missiles every time in your replay. The collision sphere is a sphere in the end, it is possible that maybe a missile just barely missed the flare.