Aeon TMD are broken?

https://replay.faforever.com/21300673 is aeon tmd are broken, or that just me being retarded thats I've placed it at small rangde between themselfs and thats are them reacts all by same moment? I would say thats more then enought to deal against one cruiser at one position with a 3-4 (sera,cyb,uef) tmds, so that game I had like 35-50 to defend over a few cruisers, and thats still not enought to defend anything.

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

UPD: Is it mostly a skill issue, thats I didnt built any t2 arty's by de way to fight against cruisers, and make the game even at the losing pond. But is it TMD, are looks pretty broken now.

Screenshot: That one cruiser was killing 30k mass, does killed t3 mexes, supp facs, hq', t2 pgns, shield, and some oter stuff with already 30 tmd I have( kinda a bit spreaded), but is there at his fire line there is 12 tmds till the target, and it still like 9/12 rockets are doing their job.2023-11-28_21-28-27.png

@mrbeast said in Aeon TMD are broken?:

t2 arty's by de way to fight against cruisers

Won't help. Not enough range. Even lower now, and do not help against any battleships

Watched that, is it enought to fight over cruiser with a bit arty's, thats kinda issue happens when lost pond. There is something to answer. Topic mostly about Is it how to defend, if my TMD arent working.

@mrbeast I did not understand anything. You should use Google Translate

There's indeed a bug - I'll investigate it and hotfix it. The missiles appear to retarget 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Thanks you!

Yes they are broken. I was about to make a post too about it. They are ineffective at stopping tml's, so if you're aeon you are likely to get abused. People will do anything for a win. Certainly a win as soon as possible. Like the sooner they can win the better. Which is odd to me. The sooner you win, the sooner you'll be not playing the game. Which makes me question why join a game, host a game, or join tmm at all. Makes no sense.

@bottleofwater Points go up

I found the cause and fixed it. I can't do a release today, I'll try to do it tomorrow

See also the pull request on Github

single flare can now only stop three missiles

I like it

I cant wait to see how this plays out.

@jip The new beam effect is extremely cool

The changes are live.

@jip It seems a little inconsistent? Sometimes it'll only grab 2 tms, sometimes it grabs late, and sometimes it perfectly grabs 3 as soon as the tms enter the tmd's radius? Also does the falling missile debris inflict damage? I fit doesn't I think that'd be a neat addition. 🙂

Replay of me testing: https://replay.faforever.com/21321445

The debris deals no damage. Some debris can set trees on fire though.

When a flare intercepts a missile is largely unchanged (except for the cap). Not sure why it doesn't reliably intercept three missiles every time in your replay. The collision sphere is a sphere in the end, it is possible that maybe a missile just barely missed the flare.