Whenever you fire at something, you have a choice of two firing angles. A high arc (red) and a low arc (green)
The high arc is above 45° while the low arc is below 45°.
Unlike every other artillery piece in the game which uses high firing arcs, T2 artillery uses low firing arcs for some reason.
These two are firing at the same target, but look where the T2 arty is pointing and where the T3 mobile arty is pointing.
So I'm proposing we do a bit of a...
- Longer time to impact
- In my testing a high firing arc at max range gives an 8 second time to impact while a low firing arc gives one around 4.5 seconds.
- This nerfs it against mobile units as it has to predict their movement further ahead and also gives them more time to dodge.
- It can even be extended further by increasing the projectile speed, so that it fires even more vertically.
- Fixes inability to fire at certain elevations
- Currently T2 arty can have issues aiming at higher ground. See this thread for an example
- Consistency with other artillery pieces