Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below)

@spikeynoob said in Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below):

@xejinord11 said in Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below):

@tomma said in Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below):

Dude honey_sex dude was offered to change his nickname like 727262571636362 times, i was in voice when that happened, its not even perma ban.

alt text

"You are banned from FAF forever". Ok it is not a perma ban, it is "forever" ban".

Do not consider him as the only reason for the post. He is just one small stone of the big dissatisfaction of perma bans in general. Specially I consider his ban related to his post on forum, not to his nickname, the reason on why I think was described in my previous post.

I asked him many times to give me a new a new name to change his to and told him i would unban him after he did. I put in so much effort to get this guy to agree to a new name but he never did. If he wanted to he could tell me another name rn and i would unban him right away. But he won’t because he is just a troll trying to spark outrage.

Bro, try not to focus only on that example, I am trying to say that behaviour of some moderators (mostly rezy) have caused some problems, mainly because perma ban exists. Cause of his unreasoned perma bans, ppl suffer cause are not able to play their beloved game. And now there is consequence cause some of them invested their resources in revenge.

Also, I can confirm that you won't get banned from FAF for going off the rails once or twice. You have to be a real nasty piece of work to get banned more than few times for "chatting". If I didn't get banned more than twice for the things I wrote I don't wanna know just how much worse the repeat offenders are. And I'm someone who doesn't mince the words if I get pissed.

I literally gave u examples of unfair bans in my post, u pointed out only 1 of them and still do not believe that a person theoretically can get a perma unfair.

I skimmed this thread.

Whatever the nucle guy got banned for is between him and the mods, if it's something that shouldn't be banned for it should have been brought up some other way. None of it is my business and I don't care.

GG.

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

@spikeynoob So why didnt u just rename him to e.g. player54861354 instead of ban?

How the fuck is this even relevant when the person in question DECLINED to be unbanned. Multiple times at that, instead playing the BUT IN RUSSIA IT"S OKAY TO BE HONEY_SEX card. Dude was literally on fucking call saying that no, he won't be renamed. And that he won't give us a new nickaname so that we can unban him asap.

Also, why the fuck did both of you just rename...

Perma Ban for a personal dispute: no. Perma Ban for chokeholding a complete community out of personal reasons: yes! sounds like he sucessfully blackmailed you now. and that it is possible to tackle faf like this doesnt throw a god light on it, altough i know all the people putting so much effort in this project cant do anything about this and its not their fault. but it gives me the same vibe like downloading kOrn_c00l_RMX_mp.3.exe from limewire.
is he the same guy causing trouble for months and hijacking lobbies? if then why unban him? bcs he will continue to ruin our fun?

@cocucka said in Nucleus genius and ddos of FAF. (ru original is below):

@spikeynoob So why didnt u just rename him to e.g. player54861354 instead of ban?

solid idea.
But then he would not be able to log in cause he does now know his login now...
And if he can't log in then he can't see the message from moderator
Unless we gonna start using e-mail for our login

(i mean, yes it would work if you told him his new login... but it only works on case-to-case basis, and i am pretty sure nobody wants that, i really want just a standard procedure to avoid any bias or responsibility or accusations or mistakes or avoid me thinking about it instead of doing moderator stuff)

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

Also they would be stuck with the random name for 30 days if they had changed it recently.

Locking this as quality of discussion not exactly high nor productive, and as discussing moderation actions in public is not allowed (as we can see how well this thread is already doing). From the thread author hoping for someone to die of an illness is just over the line.

To briefly comment the first post, the moderation team is a team, actions are more often than not discussed as a team and thus taken as a team. Furthermore the appeal system is in place where you can get the team lead and moderation team to review any bans if you feel you've been mistreated contrary to the community rules and policies in place.

In this particular case the ban history does not consist solely of one moderator's actions, and the perma ban resulted eventually from repeatable (and unchanged) bad behavior and other offenses where many other community members have been affected. If anything I'd say FAF moderation is quite lenient and gives multiple chances for users to improve upon their behavior, perma bans are the last resort.