Fighter/Bomber Keybind

@xiaomao My initial post may have been a bit hasty, after further testing it is just the t2 fighter/bombers and also the exp ashwassa.

I understand the T2 units are "fighters" but do you know of a way of seperating them in a keybind, aswell i dont understand why the ahwassa is included into the fighter category.

Given how rarely people use T2 fighter bombers as fighters, I think it makes sense to remove them from the "select all fighters" keybind.

People definitely do use them for time to time in air fights, but they don't need a special keybind for that. Just find a janus and double click on it if you want to select all janus for your airfight.

Since this is purely a user interface thing, FAF could even create a second keybind option for "Select All Fighters (Not Including Bombers That Can Fight)"

Then everyone can use the keybind that they prefer. I know which one I would prefer.

All blueprints were relatively recently reworked to use more consistent categories and eliminate unused ones for performance gains. Reviewing Ahwassa's blueprint it's got the Anti-Air category which is probably an oversight (and was caused by virtue of its anti-air weapon stats being notable, even if practically it's not an anti-air unit). Fighter/bombers also have the anti-air category but that makes more sense since e.g. for a Janus it is a viable anti-air unit (even if it's not as efficient as an intie or asf).
I expect the keybind will look for all units with the antiair category, hence why it is picking up ahwassa and fighter bombers.

A couple of potential solutions I'd see are removing the anti-air category from the Ahwassa, and adding a new keyboard shortcut which only selects anti-air units that aren't also bombers (since some people might want anti-air to cover fighter-bombers, while others might not).

T3 gunships have anti air but I doubt they are selected with the key

@arma473 I totally want my fighter-bombers included in my 'select all fighters' keybind! I use that when I need all my air-to-air power available for an important air battle, and I'd honestly rather have them available from that selection!

YMMV, of course, I'm just putting in my tuppence!

Tbh i want to have the "select all air fighters" to not include fighter bombers, because like if you want to fight air you create group with all inties and fighters, and when you want to make a bombing run with your t2 air, you select them separately, and after that you use hotkey for inties/asf only.
Its just kinda obnoxious that my hotkey for air is gassed if i use fighter bombers (or ahwassa), and i kinda see no way to select only what i want now, so i think adding "select all ints and asf" hotkey would be great. Or removing t2 air from current hotkey.

Skill issue

Looking into this further I wasn't able to reproduce the behaviour - if I use the "Select all Air Fighters" keybinding, it doesn't select ahwassas or fighter/bombers but works as it always has for me. Checking the code it already reflects the changes I was considering could be made (i.e. excluding all bombers):
action = 'UI_Lua import("/lua/keymap/smartselection.lua").smartSelect("AIR HIGHALTAIR ANTIAIR -BOMBER -EXPERIMENTAL")',
In other words it's only including 'high altitude' anti-air units that aren't bombers or experimentals (so inties, swifties, asfs)

Great news!!!

Skill issue

@maudlin27 for some reason it behaves differently for me, as the ahwassa is 100% being selected with the same group of asf, i have no mods on when testing.

this is a recent change as it never did this before now

has there been anything new added to options that may effect this?

It would appear that those suggested changes have been made, thankyou to whomever made those changes i am forever gratefull that i can now micro bombers/ahwassa and inties/asf seperatly 🙂