Another T3 Air suggestion

Ok here we go, ile make this quick as i am shure you are all sick of reading T3 Air balance threads, but heres one more.

Reduce the energy cost of asf to be built on t2 power or at least cheap enough to not require a t3 power gen temporarily , why?

From what i understand most poeples gripes and mine is to do with strat rush, so how do you kill a strat bomber? answer you cant unless you have ASF or access to T3 anyway to build sams, so if your facing an early strat rush you can still make those essential few asf to deal with the issue without t3 power.

Thanks for reading and as a thankyou heres a replay to amuse you of me getting owned by said strat rush. 20307237

You could try out the current FAF Beta - There will be some changes that could address your concerns about Bombers and Energy

https://patchnotes.faforever.com/fafbeta.html

Lowering the energy cost for ASF would not be the ideal solution to counter Strats as you may think.

By reducing the energy cost, you indirectly weaken the earlier air stages.
And we all know, T3 air does not need to be stronger.

Yes, the first Strat tends to be the strongest, but you can minimize its effectiveness with decent scouting and adequate preparation.

Worst case scenario, with a little bit of micro, a small group of Interceptors can eliminate the bomber.

That being said, in the upcoming balance patch, significant adjustments are being made to Strats.
They will require more energy to construct and will also have extended build times.

Take a look:

3195f5e5-cc79-45b7-bf17-f10bc618a3bd-image.png

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@caliber You can catch a strat with intie micro. Reducing ASF cost means you kill T2 air, which is underused as is.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

indexlibrorum said in Another T3 Air suggestion:

which is underused as is.

emoji of the skull

💀

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@waffelznoob Not everyone plays at the 2k rating waffelz 🙂

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

G-great. Are we now gonna buff all t1 units so that astro can see more action?

@indexlibrorum funny thing is that when i was low rated, the team that sniped the enemies the most with t2 air would win

@waffelznoob Wish I saw that shit more in my bracket ngl. Not always the most fun way to play, but atleast it isn't the bog-standard naked T3 air rush.

Air players doing t2 air are the worst slot to do t2 air from. Longest travel time and often enough if a t2 air all in fails, you can just rely on everyone else being too crippled to deal with anything the air player can do anyway given you wasted the time of enemy air player dealing with your garbage.

Wow love that strat change - that could go a long way to preventing a single rushed strat from basically deciding a game

Changes have made zero differance still losing/winning games based on one rushed strat becouse it still has no meaningfull counter,

either buff t1 air to catch a strat or reduce energy cost of asf.

If you rush a strat first call is to attack enemy air player and kill t2 energy then they cannot make air, Period. and you just continue to rape the entire enemy team unaposed until they reach t3 to make sams all over the map, but by then the game is already crushed.

@caliber Or you could build a t2 shield around your pgens if you expect a strat and he'd need ~30 seconds to break through that. giving you more time to either make aa or finish some asf

As Nex said, if you already know you're behind it's only logical to get a shield and a SAM as the airplayer and your base turns into an anti-fly-zone. The first ASF can usually snipe the strat then.
Besides that, it's known that t3 air is still pretty oppressive and the balance team is working on fixing that. However the priorities are not only the t3 air so it's not an immediate change since it's not an easy thing to solve besides everything else.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?